Search results

1. mr aize

mv1a blank screen

Hi all. So I've got an mv1a that's currently dead. Only sign of life is the led on the left side of the board, by the dip switches, lighting up when it's powered up. Nothing on the screen and no sounds. Any ideas where to start? Other than being dead, the board looks in good condition. Some very...
  2. mr aize

What's the coolest looking console?

Just purely talking about looks here, not games or anything else. Was just looking at my Nes the other day and it struck me how cool it looks, kinda like something from star trek. Sure there might be some obscure consoles that look nicer, but of the big ones, I recon the Nes, for me, looks...
  3. mr aize

Rolling coal

http://www.businessinsider.com/conservatives-purposely-making-cars-spew-black-smoke-2014-7 Seriously, this is actually a thing?!?!? What fucking combination of inbreeding and meth abuse does it take to produce assholes who actually think this is a good idea? Absolutely fucking pathetic, hope...
  4. mr aize

mv1b sound turned off?

Hello all. My mv1b was in my cab and had a poor 12v connection for a while until the sound failed completely. I've since fixed the 12v line but there's still no sound on the mv1b (It does work with other boards so not the cab). When going through the test screens (accessed from the crosshatch...
  5. mr aize

Other electronics builds, especially musical. V pic heavy

So, there's an awful lot of very talented electronics wizards in the tech support forum and I was just wondering if anyone turns their talents to any projects other than games? My first experiments in electronics and soldering were in the musical field (I built a xoxbox (tb303 clone) from a...
  6. mr aize

Wow, don't work for UPS

http://www.businessinsider.com/ups-fires-250-employees-2014-4 Serious asshole move by management, can't see it working out too well for them.
  7. mr aize

See through, coloured mvs carts

So what's up with them? Just been thinking and it suddenly occurred to me, what's the point in them? Don't get me wrong, they're cool and all from a collector point of view, but since they were going to be inside an arcade machine and only the operator would see them, briefly, before putting...
  8. mr aize

Mac action

Anyone remember this magazine? http://www.compulink.co.uk/~macaction/ Guess probably not, since it was just a uk thing, but I got every copy of it till it folded. (Basically because we had a mac at home, so that was the only choice I had for games, since I couldn't really afford much in the...
  9. mr aize

Import charges for carts from US to the UK (is this a boot)

Was just looking at a cheap cart on ebay an was seriously considering buying it, until I saw the added import charges. Guy seems to be estimating another $20 to pay for import charges, on top of $25 postage, that's almost as much as the damn game. Not cool and something i've never come across...
  10. mr aize

One for the English crew. (Random Neo logo spot)

Soo, just turned on the tv and they had one of the channel 4 logos come on, one based in Tokyo, and in the background there's a big neon sign with the pins and ball from league bowling. Surprised such an old game is still popular enough to have a big sign out there, although I spose it could...
  11. mr aize

Dodgy 3rd party n64 controller

Ok, lets try and skip the trolling bit eh? Yes I know it's not the greatest system in the world and buying 3rd party I should have my head examined, but since the original controllers all wear out, thought i'd try my luck with one of the chinese copies. It was clearly a mistake. Soooo anyways...
  12. mr aize

Anyone know about fixing nanao monitors?

Been helping out a bit at the Heart of Gaming arcade in london and we've got a few nanao ms9 monitors that need fixing. Before sending them all off and paying tons to fix them, we were hoping there were a few things that we could try first. Sooo, basically the two that i've been told about both...
  13. mr aize

Ninja spirits

Just rediscovered this absolute masterpiece! Haven't played it since one of my rich friends at school had it on the turbo grafx. Love it, but it's damn hard.
  14. mr aize

ultimarc j-pac jamma connector

Anyone got any experience with these? http://www.ultimarc.com/jpac.html#top Are they any good? Just looking for some way to quickly plug my laptop into my cab, when I get the random urge to play on mame. (Not looking for a debate on the virtues of mame btw ;) fully of the opinion that original...
  15. mr aize

Mvs carts without serial numbers

So I was reading the 'what's your lowest serial number' thread and went to check mine, only to find that a few of my carts have no serial numbers on the labels. (I don't mean scratched off etc, I mean there's nothing printed on them). Is that a common occurrence? Were serials only printed on...
  16. mr aize

Very low sound on jamma cab

Right, so the sound is suddenly very low on my jamma cab. I think i've traced it to the fact that one of the 12v pins on the jamma connector has bent and been pushed back, so it's only making contact with one side of the board... Before I go and replace the harness, i'm a bit worried that it...
  17. mr aize

'Irritating Stick'

So, just found this obscure japanese game, for the playstation, which is eerily similar to the irritating maze on the neo geo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ePkBHX1rDo I know they're both based on a japanese game show, but is there any other link? I.e developers/companies etc... Even the music...
  18. mr aize

Broke into the wrong goddamn wreck room didn't you?

Tremors... Awesome, that is all...
  19. mr aize

magician lord mvs versions?

Just wondering, are there different versions of the mvs magician lord too? I finally picked up a copy and am struggling a lot with the double jump trick. I vaguely remember reading that it only works on one version, but I could well be mistaken. If there are 2 versions, how do you tell which one...
  20. mr aize

Think I just found the lamest arcade machine of all time!

Came across one on ebay and was curious to know what the feck it was.... Boy does it suck! http://laigames.com/textminator.html