'Irritating Stick'

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
So, just found this obscure japanese game, for the playstation, which is eerily similar to the irritating maze on the neo geo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ePkBHX1rDo I know they're both based on a japanese game show, but is there any other link? I.e developers/companies etc... Even the music is the same... (The graphics on the playstation version looks shit though tbh)

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I had this on JP PS1 and it did indeed look crappy and was irritating as hell.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Nowhere near as fun as the real thing.

Last edited:

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
I played a real-life version of Irritating Stick some time ago built by MIT students. It was even set up to play different music when you reached different parts of the maze.

I like the Neo version, but it really needs to be played with a trackball.

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
Uh yea, it is. It's even made by Saurus.

Ah, missed that bit when I was looking last night... Must have just seen the different publishers. Strange then, that the graphics were so crappy on the playstation version, because surely it was powerful enough to do a better job..

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Wow, the Ps1 game appears to even have the same levels as the Neo version. Why bother with it, then? The Neo version is so much better.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Because not too many people can afford the dedicated IM cab.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Because not too many people can afford the dedicated IM cab.

Fair enough, but I find it plays pretty well with the joystick hack in the Unibios. You're gonna have the same experience with the PS1 version given the lack of a trackball.