Recent content by ptrix4u2c

1. ptrix4u2c

Arcade Boards and other VG stuff in Seattle

Times are getting tough for me so I wanted to see if anyone in the Seattle area wanted to grab some arcade boards for cheap. I live in the Central District area around 23rd and S Jackson. Make me an offer and you're welcome to come by and test things out. Everything works well aside from Violent...
  2. ptrix4u2c

AES home carts Blue's Journey, The Super Spy, Super Sidekicks 2

I've got three carts I'm looking to sell. All are nice and minty aside from Blue's Journey which has a box cutter slice on the spine. I'm assuming Blue's Journey and The Super Spy are Euro carts while SS2 is a US cart. I can ship in the continental US only. PM me with offers. Thanks! Photos
  3. ptrix4u2c

MVS Monitor Problem

I have a 2 slot big red MVS with what I assume to be the original monitor. Recently after it warms up something starts to spark in the back and the picture flicks on and off. The game continues to run normally with sound and all. The popping sound is pretty loud and if you let it continue it...
  4. ptrix4u2c

Violent Storm (Asia) PCB with faulty sound

It wasn't like this when I bought it last year off ebay, but I noticed that most of the smashing/punching sound effects make a really loud crackling noise. If anyone is interested shoot me some offers. Game plays fine outside of the sound problems.
  5. ptrix4u2c

Strange video problem with SNES

On a play through of Final Fantasy III on my SNES I noticed a vertical band of brightness which is about 15% of the screen running right down the middle. The band isn't totally distracting and produces no discoloration. It's only as if that particular area of the screen has had it's brightness...
  6. ptrix4u2c

WTB MVS Board MV-1 or other

I found one. Thanks!
  7. ptrix4u2c

Connecting Hitachi monitor to chassis (Jaleco Pony Mark IV)

I had to do the arcade cab shuffle today and ended up removing the monitor from my Jaleco Pony Mark IV. I mistakingly unplugged two wires from the chassis (Hitachi GMK 29FJ2) that run to the very base of the monitor. Each are single plugs with two wires each. One has two red wires with no way to...
  8. ptrix4u2c

WTB: CPS2 to extended JAMMA adapter for Namco boards

My buddy is looking for a CPS2 to extended JAMMA adapter so we can play some Tekken 2 without rearranging the quick disconnects on our cab. We found one on Highway Entertainment, but shipping was a bit crazy to the US. I'm in Seattle. Thanks!
  9. ptrix4u2c

Moving...TAKING MY BABY!

So much pain for my sweet baby! I'm so happy that I get to take my cab with me! ITT talk about how hard it is to bring an arcade machine up a staircase!
  10. ptrix4u2c

FS: Cyber Lip US/Euro AES homecart

SOLD!~~~~~~~~~~
  11. ptrix4u2c

BIOS error message in modded AES

I have an AES with a serial number in the 18k range with a daughter board. It's modded for component out and has a socket bios mod with unibios ver. 3.0. Upon receiving the system I saw the error message and figured that there might be a problem with the bios chip. Tonight I got around to...
  12. ptrix4u2c

Joystick problem (JAMMA)

I have a Super Neo 29 cab and I'm having trouble with P1's down direction. From time to time it the down direction isn't responding. I've swapped the joystick with P2's and noticed that the problem isn't the joystick itself so I'm assuming it's the JAMMA harness. Is there a way to replace or...
  13. ptrix4u2c

Opened up all my MVS carts and was wondering...

Is it normal for the two boards to have different years of production printed on them? Even games I own with serials and holographic labels sometimes have, say, a board from 97 and a board from 99. Most of the chips are Toshiba and the usual. Another thing I was wondering-- Was it common for...
  14. ptrix4u2c

NGPC turns off when lightly tapped

I've taken really good care of my US launch system and I never had any trouble till recently. If I'm playing a game and say, pause it and set it aside on a table, the light bump will turn it off. When I turn it back on it displays the initial set up screen. If I purposely give it a (very) light...