PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
LOL - it's all good. He's a pussy cat. :)

...always within reason... the forum and the scene are my priorities when i'm online...

NG.com is a madhouse... and there are lots of unwritten rules and certain quirks...

xROTx

PS. I don't mind going the extra mile for some of you guys... but the forums and it's memberbase should know where the lines are when it concerns myself... or the other mods...

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
That was fucking amazing. I couldn't believe that anyone would do it, but I guess there are people here who don't know what the deal is.

It's actually funny looking back! :lolz: Yodd you jokester! I should've known better but it's all good. I was here before the awesome PCE Super SD System 3 (I know I pop up randomly) and I don't plan on going anywhere soon cause I still love the Neo and this website :buttrock:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
That's the right attitude;)

It was a joke, done at a slow time that's not a big deal. The funstering is just what most do.

_Adoru_

n00b
First, many thanks for the SS3 Alex and the team ! I would like to submit an idea for a future firmware : many games have a (very) bad sound balance between PSG sound effects and CD-DA music. Would it be possible to make a software mixer to adjust the balance?
Best Regards

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
First, many thanks for the SS3 Alex and the team ! I would like to submit an idea for a future firmware : many games have a (very) bad sound balance between PSG sound effects and CD-DA music. Would it be possible to make a software mixer to adjust the balance?
Best Regards

The team already said in the official statement that they found the same issues with the audio circuit and would be changing it for the new revision. It will be a hardware change and it will match the output of the IFU.

neosd

Neosd Developer
The team already said in the official statement that they found the same issues with the audio circuit and would be changing it for the new revision. It will be a hardware change and it will match the output of the IFU.

Audio level output can be adjusted by software and by hardware.

We have adjusted the output on the new pcb by hardware. Its adjusted by changing the value of two different sets of resistors, one for the CD audio and other one for the pcengine audio.

We adjusted it this time by hardware changing those resistors, but we could have done that by software aswel.

So a future adjustment could be done by software if needed, even we measured the leves with different games to match the original levels

Thanks

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Audio level output can be adjusted by software and by hardware.

We have adjusted the output on the new pcb by hardware. Its adjusted by changing the value of two different sets of resistors, one for the CD audio and other one for the pcengine audio.

We adjusted it this time by hardware changing those resistors, but we could have done that by software aswel.

So a future adjustment could be done by software if needed, even we measured the leves with different games to match the original levels

Thanks

Separate volume adjustment for PCE and CD sound would be a fantastic feature. There are some great CD soundtracks that kind of get drowned out by sound effects.

_Adoru_

n00b
Thank you for your reply ! I dream of this option since 1990, and I even planned to do a hardware mod :)
I'm impatient for any further improvement on the SS3, good luck an thank you for all your great work !

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Question: Being a PC-Engine collector, does the Super SD System 3 support Game Express titles? That is, CD-ROM games from Game Express that require their proprietary Game Express system cards? I assume if I put a Game Express system card into my PC-Engine, it will read that instead of the built in System Cards?

11101108068.JPG

Last edited:

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Question: Being a PC-Engine collector, does the Super SD System 3 support Game Express titles? That is, CD-ROM games from Game Express that require their proprietary Game Express system cards? I assume if I put a Game Express system card into my PC-Engine, it will read that instead of the built in System Cards?

11101108068.JPG

Already answered somewhere in this thread: yes.

One100bill

n00b
Patiently waiting for the status to change to “Shipped”. Ahhhhh!!! Ordered on December 11, 2017. SuperGrafx and Framemeister ready to work. Question, I have a JP21 RGB Sega Genesis 2 cable. Will the work or does it have to be Scart instead of JP21? Anyone?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Patiently waiting for the status to change to “Shipped”. Ahhhhh!!! Ordered on December 11, 2017. SuperGrafx and Framemeister ready to work. Question, I have a JP21 RGB Sega Genesis 2 cable. Will the work or does it have to be Scart instead of JP21? Anyone?

You can use it to connect to your Framemeister, provided you have the correct adapter.

You can use it to connect to your Framemeister, provided you have the correct adapter.

To expand on this. JP21 and Euroscart just have signals wired to different pins on the 21 pin side.

TL;DR: Verify that a given cable and the device you’re plugging it into are both JP21 or both Euroscart. Never mix them up. Because they have the same shape but different pinouts.

Longer: The console side of the cable is always determined by the console itself. And the expected voltages on the output signal pins are the same. So it’s literally just a matter of a pass thru adapter putting the signals on the expected output pins if you need to switch from one to the other.

Euroscart is the standard which is getting much more support from the retro community these days. So, if you need a new cable it may be a good idea to switch to Euroscart to avoid headaches later.

One100bill

n00b
Thanks @ wyo and DirkSwizzler. Then I’m covered. All of my retro consoles connect via the JP21 adapter that came with the framemeister.

Last edited:

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member

Yeah..you've got at least 5 weeks to go.

neozeed64

n00b
to terraonion. I originally tried to order on 12/9, I finally got an order through on 12/11 due to a problem with your bank. I added UPS delivery to my order to get it sooner, but with all the problems this appears to be a waste of money. Can I change my order to the cheaper shipping? I believe it was an extra $30.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You'll still get your order about two weeks sooner with ups.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
to terraonion. I originally tried to order on 12/9, I finally got an order through on 12/11 due to a problem with your bank. I added UPS delivery to my order to get it sooner, but with all the problems this appears to be a waste of money. Can I change my order to the cheaper shipping? I believe it was an extra $30.

LOL, this guy...

neozeed64

n00b
LOL, this guy...

I was originally hyped to get it asap. At this point it doesnt seem as big a deal. 30 bucks is 30 bucks, but as someone else pointed out it will be in transit far shorter with ups. So I guess it will be worth it in that respect.