Games announced that would make you get excited

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
With the micro transactions Capcom has been doing with the characters? I'd bet money all 46 characters in SFV (16 original and 6 characters for the next 5 years) have been done for quite a while now. It makes sense to finish it before disbanding the crew especially since this is made by another company. Not excited to see another wait 5 years and pay $210 (potientially) to play all the characters.

Good point, but I wouldn't want it to be produced by the current Dimps or Eighting engines used by Capcom anyway. Since I was listing dream games I'd like, I was thinking a 2d CvS3 with the graphics of KOFXIII or GGXrd, but it would have all of the gameplay modes from the ngpc SvC:MotM:

No Ratio BS
1 vs 1
2 vs 2 tag
3 vs 3
Minigames themed after other snk and capcom games
Return of the "Olympic" mode with more "manager" choices and unlockable characters and special attacks, etc, etc

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
An Alien Isolation sequel.

Any open world style first person rpg with actual rpg mechanics.

A new xwing/tie fighter style star wars space flight sim.

A new SNK fighter that isn't KOF or filled with weeb garbage.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Ridge Racer 8. Wtf happened to RR usually being a launch game when a new Sony console dropped? (Even though 6 is the best one)

I think it's one of two things.

1: Ridge Racer Vita was the last game released at launch, and it did terrible. Namco may think this means people no longer care about Ridge Racer, but it has more to do with the fact that they designed it like a free to play game but charged full price for it.

2: They've gotten lazy and people don't care anymore. Ridge Racer has been more or less the same since RR6 and the first PSP game. They need to make a really new game instead of just reusing the old engine and slapping a fresh coat of paint on it to get anyone excited.

I hope they do this sometime, I miss RR, and a RR game on PS4 with current graphics would make my eyes bleed.

-SD-

Camel Slug
SNK vs. Capcom 2: Gals' Fighters
Power Stone 3
Last Blade 3
Burning Rangers remake/sequel
R.C. Pro-AM with 8 player online racing
And a new game set in the Skies of Arcadia universe as it's the only JRPG I've ever cared for....

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Bayonetta 3.
A new, but still 2-D Viewtiful Joe.
Vanquish 2.
Metal Gear Rising 2.
A new Panzer Dragoon (either shooter or Saga sequel).
A new Gun Valkyrie.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
1: Ridge Racer Vita was the last game released at launch, and it did terrible. Namco may think this means people no longer care about Ridge Racer, but it has more to do with the fact that they designed it like a free to play game but charged full price for it.

Yes, that was bullshit. But for the record I'd be okay with same engine and a slapping of fresh paint for a new game

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
REmake 2
Virtua Fighter 6 (For the love of fuck make it happen Sega. I'd even settle for a PC port of 5...)

And after the shite luck I've had trying to get it running today, DDPII Beestorm on Steam.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
New F-Zero
Virtua Fighter 6
Any new Fatal Fury 2D fighter
Pokemon Snap 2
a new 3D action Shinobi title by Platinum Games

A complete collection of the Batman Arkham games. By complete, I mean including all the DLC, all the preorder bonuses, and all the games including Blackgate and Origins. And also make it not run like total shit. That Anthology they did was fucking garbage.

And I want them to do a "complete" version of Super Smash Bros 4 on Switch. All the exclusive stages and modes from both the 3DS and Wii U versions, plus all the DLC. The Wii U version already runs at 1080p60 and doesn't slow down even with 8 person local multiplayer, so they could probably beef up the graphics significantly and not take a performance hit on the much more powerful Switch. And add the Ice Climbers back in, who were originally in the game but removed because the 3DS couldn't handle the AI if all four players picked the Ice Climbers.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I'd like a new Sword of the Berserk game.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I'd shit my pants if a Jeanne d'Arc sequel got announced for Vita or PS4.
I'd also get excited for a new Tactics Ogre, Skies of Arcadia and Shining Force.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Still waiting for the one killer game that justifies psvr. Star trek bridge crew perhaps?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
A new traditional JRPG would do it for me. So as you can tell, it's been a long time since I've been excited about anything.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Good point, but I wouldn't want it to be produced by the current Dimps or Eighting engines used by Capcom anyway. Since I was listing dream games I'd like, I was thinking a 2d CvS3 with the graphics of KOFXIII or GGXrd, but it would have all of the gameplay modes from the ngpc SvC:MotM:

No Ratio BS
1 vs 1
2 vs 2 tag
3 vs 3
Minigames themed after other snk and capcom games
Return of the "Olympic" mode with more "manager" choices and unlockable characters and special attacks, etc, etc

A console game similar to the style of Match of the Millenium would be nice, but that was made by dimps and I don't think Capcom will make another game with them since they want to do everything in house now.

I think you have a better chance at SVC2 being more like that since you have former Dimps employees and the former creator of CVS2 at SNK now.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Haven't got excited about a game in a long time. Last one was probably Zelda a link between worlds. Didn't really live up to the hype though. I don't remember any of it really.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
A new Irem STG, a Ray Tracers HD remake by TAITO, any tripple A 2D sprite based production from a Japanese major, a proper Shadowrun 2 as promised and maybe... nah, that's more than enough.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Fallout 5 in classic isometric Fallout style made by Obsidian and Inexile.
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2.
Mega Man ZX 3 or new 2d game series. At this point i'll take a continuation of the classic series.
2D Metroid, or new Metroid Prime
Magic the Gathering Online revamped. Get rid of the people they have now and get a dev that knows what they're doing.
New X-com games or something similar.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Any fighter from SNK that isn't KOF or SS.
Battlefield 2 (ww2, likely a reality in a few years)
A MGSV that wasn't complete fucking shit.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
AAA titles with hand drawn sprites, I just wish there would be conserted output in this regard. Follow-ups to SNES era Capcom Mickey Mouse games etc.
I really like cel shaded games but would really love artists to be involved once more in graphics. So, 2D traditional high budget games without any punches being pulled. Kill the indie thing

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
A new entry in the Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!/Elite Beat Agents series would be amazing. I had a blast with all three. Sadly, don't see that happening, ever. What even happened with Inis, the company that developed it, anyway?

Jon

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Actually nothing will get me excited no more i really don't care about anything no more.