MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

leonk

Marked Wolf
Anyone else thinking that under the main "NeoSD" title it should say "MAX 768 MEGA" and "PRO-GEAR SPEC" :)

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Who cares?
This are not original games..

Just homebrew stuff

I dont realy care. I was just asking.

I am curently playing pulstar without any sound problems. But a lot of skill problems. (i die a lot!)

tcdev

NEST Puppet
I am curently playing pulstar without any sound problems. But a lot of skill problems. (i die a lot!)
Hmm... I was about to order the AES cart... but if I'm still going to have skill problems too, then perhaps it's not all it's cracked up to be... :loco:

mr_flaps

War Room Troll
Neosd team. Just a thought. I see that you erase the cart before every reflash of the rom. What would happen if you didn't erase the rom and just wrote over the top of the last game? I'm thinking if I have a smaller game on the card and I over write it with a bigger game, wouldn't it just over write it and work the same as if it was erased? maybe erase the card if I have a larger game on the card and I wanna flash over it wth a smaller game (if this prevents the game from working) It won't only speed up the flashing in some cases but it would also prolong the life of the Memory on the cart.

tcdev

NEST Puppet
Neosd team. Just a thought. I see that you erase the cart before every reflash of the rom. What would happen if you didn't erase the rom and just wrote over the top of the last game?
That's not how flash works. You can only write 0 bits to flash, not 1 bits, so simply overwriting the game will result in rubbish data (unless you're using the Infinite Improbability Drive, then you'll end up with a completely new and awesome original game!) That's why you need to erase (set all bits to '1') and what's more, erasing can only be done in blocks.

Besides, these guys are pretty cluey - don't you suppose they'd have already thought of that if it was possible? :smirk:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Just curious if anyone in the USA received theirs yet? I'm getting antsy.

@ NeoSD

After the stellar job on this one, do you have any future plans for similar products?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
They should just make the splash and front end customizable if its not already. Im sure there are plenty of people here that would make custom designs and host them.

neosd

Neosd Developer
@ NeoSD

After the stellar job on this one, do you have any future plans for similar products?

Hello,

The answer is YES, we have plans for other products, but we are not going to tell what we will be working at, or anounce anything, until its finished.

You only know that you have a product when its working, until that you have nothing, telling you are working in something that you may not be able to deliver is pretty unfair.
I hope you understand that, we dont belive in hype or smoke, we only believe in facts.

Thanks

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
I dont realy care. I was just asking.

I have the same "problem" with Pulstar xD

IMA cheater.. I just use unibios cheats when I start loosing much ha

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
The latest label design looks very nice, I like how minimalistic it is. Good stuff.
But I have to agree with some of the folks here that it looks better if the lines are floating/above everything else and a little larger (like in aku's mockup). I would stay with just the two vertical ones, the short horizontal ones divert too much from the rest of the label and it's better if the NEOSD logo has that "space to breathe".

As to the color of the stripes: Red is a very good contrast color and works well with the rest of the design, while I could imagine gold might clash with the silver background. And I guess gold would increase the price? Jontox suggestion of red=MVS, gold=homecart sounds interesting to me, too.

Last edited:

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Is there some neo geo book out there? actually i want something that contains every manual of ever game, or at least that 1 page of the manual with the story ... i guess thats not really legal, but there are a lot of artwork books for other consoles ..

loganm187

n00b
Hey NeoSD man! I accidentally placed two orders, but one was a money wire request, so no refund is needed. #IYEPEDTOS Please cancel that when you can.

I placed another order through credit card and it went through great :)

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Is there some neo geo book out there? actually i want something that contains every manual of ever game, or at least that 1 page of the manual with the story ... i guess thats not really legal, but there are a lot of artwork books for other consoles ..

Whats up nio. This actually does exist, but the books are comepletely in japanese. There are two books that contain the content you described exactly. One details all the games and their plots from the early aes releases and the other book details information from the first waves of neo geo cd releases. The other neo geo books tend to focus on only the fighting genre games, but they may also have what you are looking for. Check out the following books:

Neo Geo no Subete
Neo Geo CD Perfect guide (also try "Neo Geo CD kanzen guide")
All About SNK