Donald Trump is what America Deserves...

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
There's a difference between helping people who genuinely need help, and funding people who abuse those programs. Illegal immigrants, not being citizens, should not be gaming the system as hard as they currently do. Remittance payments from migrant workers from Mexico provide their country with more wealth than their entire oil industry.

Welfare programs, as the are, are an imperfect solution to a very complex problem.
The end result is that people who attempt to climb the economic ladder get PUNISHED as their wages increase. Single mothers are hit especially hard by this. Welfare also encourages cash-only (under the table) jobs, which don't help funding for the very same programs that encourage them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XooUY4p4RaY

I'm all for certain social welfare systems, but there needs to be a better, more efficient way to do things.
There are also many homeless who WANT to be homeless (they wouldn't turn down free money and a place to sleep or anything). They don't want to work for a living, don't want to be tied down by obligations, or only live from fix to fix.

Some are mentally ill, but many are perfectly sane and choose that life because they like the freedom and lack of responsibility of it.

The original purpose of these programs, per Lyndon Johnson, was to end poverty. Poverty rates for those under 65 has been stagnant since the late 1960s with little movement, despite ever-growing social programs.

I don't know what the solution is. Hopefully someone comes along who does.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
There's a difference between helping people who genuinely need help, and funding people who abuse those programs. Illegal immigrants, not being citizens, should not be gaming the system as hard as they currently do. Remittance payments from migrant workers from Mexico provide their country with more wealth than their entire oil industry..

According to what I read, this is false.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The original purpose of these programs, per Lyndon Johnson, was to end poverty. Poverty rates for those under 65 has been stagnant since the late 1960s with little movement, despite ever-growing social programs..

What programs?

But anyways, it is all about trade. The one thing that Trump is right on.

Our trade policies cause poverty.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
There are also many homeless who WANT to be homeless (they wouldn't turn down free money and a place to sleep or anything). They don't want to work for a living, don't want to be tied down by obligations, or only live from fix to fix.

Some are mentally ill, but many are perfectly sane and choose that life because they like the freedom and lack of responsibility of it.

You can't seriously believe this.

If you're going to come back and say some, then yes, I'm sure there are "some" of the half a million or so homeless people in the US who are perfectly sane yet think it's a great time to live on the streets getting spat on by passers by, but I'd imagine that "some" is about 10 and completely statistically irrelevant.

Edit - I remember my parents telling me some total bullshit like this when I was a little kid and it allowed me to completely ignore these people until I was about 25 and developed at least a small inkling of social responsibility. It's up there with blind people having a super hero sense of smell or some other nonsense.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
There's a difference between helping people who genuinely need help, and funding people who abuse those programs. Illegal immigrants, not being citizens, should not be gaming the system as hard as they currently do. Remittance payments from migrant workers from Mexico provide their country with more wealth than their entire oil industry.

Welfare programs, as the are, are an imperfect solution to a very complex problem.
The end result is that people who attempt to climb the economic ladder get PUNISHED as their wages increase. Single mothers are hit especially hard by this. Welfare also encourages cash-only (under the table) jobs, which don't help funding for the very same programs that encourage them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XooUY4p4RaY

I'm all for certain social welfare systems, but there needs to be a better, more efficient way to do things.

The original purpose of these programs, per Lyndon Johnson, was to end poverty. Poverty rates for those under 65 has been stagnant since the late 1960s with little movement, despite ever-growing social programs.

I don't know what the solution is. Hopefully someone comes along who does.

You're talking like the majority of illegal immigrants make a whole lot of money and their labor is a breeze, lol. You prolly wouldn't and couldn't do the things these people are willing to go through to get here, work and send money to their families.

For all the "Mr. know it all" BS you seem to profess in every god damn topic, you sure come across as an ignorant fuck when you don't know what you're talking about, and in this case, you know shit.

It's people like you that should be made to walk the streets with a bigot sign, just so you can get stoned or something...

Edit: 'cause Pedro better report them 10 bucks an hour working construction...

Edit2: I say tear the walls down and let them rain...

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
According to what I read, this is false.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/mexico-got-more-money-remittances-oil-revenues-2015-n510346

What programs?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Society#War_on_Poverty

You can't seriously believe this.
It is a not insignificant population that would choose homelessness for various reasons. By denying that, you are denying their self-agency. Also, not all homeless are vagrant bums begging for change on the street corner. Like I said, they wouldn't turn down a no-strings attached place to sleep and money, but they'd rather live on the street than go through the social programs that exist to take them off the streets and get their life onto what most people consider a "Normal" track. There are many factors for this, sometimes its as simple as the programs in their area not allowing them to have pets, and they prioritize that over getting help. They might also have a drug or alcohol problem, and no willpower and/or real desire to stop it.

I never said they don't deserve help, only that the systems in place are flawed, inefficient, and have little oversight. The cost burden on taxpaying citizens for the non-charity services are exorbitant, and have historically done little to help.
I personally don't have a clue how to fix it, but it needs fixing.
The best services, in my experience and opinion, come from local religious organizations. They're not for everyone though.

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
A bunch of stuff

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to secure my own country's borders and protect the people who are here legally.

I also don't see anything wrong with wanting to fix a broken social services system that hasn't had a positive effect on the issues it set to fix for over 40 years.

I don't claim to know everything, just stating my opinions, and you have a right to disagree with them.

I never said migrant workers don't work hard, or they don't deserve to be paid for their work. I'd prefer they have a legal path to a proper temporary work visa and higher wages, with some of the work also being done by the American citizens who need the jobs. I don't need the job picking strawberries, and I doubt I'd do a very good job at it, but there are many people who would readily do that themselves if "Pedro" wasn't undercutting them by skirting around regulations and driving down wages by being so easily replaceable by 5 more migrants. I'm willing to pay more for foods and services for that.

What makes you think that the rest of the world has a right to what Americans built without giving something back?

Edit: Maybe I should just stop posting in political topics? Seems many people don't like me in them!

Last edited:

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
Here' show i see a Trump presidency:

Wears military fatigues or a generals uniform (like a 3rd word dictator) on Tuesdays & Fridays. Those days he decides who to escalate or de-escalate wars with.

Names Mamma June as VP

Does a total remodel on the white house. In fact it's no longer white anymore but a pinkish marble with lots of brass.
Trump claims its now 68 stories tall but the fire department can only find 58 of them.
http://nymag.com/news/articles/shortlist/trump/
Several of the missing floors can be accounted for as Trumps penthouses and war rooms.

Fills cabinet positions with other failed candidates and people that appear on his reality show and jockey for jobs.

Does an executive order ending term limits and names his children as his successors.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Part of living in a society is doing your part to help the greater good if you're in a position to do so. That's why I pay tax for lots of shit that I don't use. Well, a lot of people do use that shit and someone has to help pay for it. If we didn't have the social programs that we do, however bad things are now they would be worse. It's a very narrow-minded and unrealistic view to think that "what's mine is mine and I shouldn't have to pay for anything else" because that's not how society works.

I think we agree, but where we likely disagree is implementation. Social democrats seem to think that without that money being taken out by mandate (tax) then those societal benefits wouldn't happen. This is untrue - unequivocally. Worse than that - it is defeatist and assumes that at our cores, we do not desire to help our fellow man. However, historically in both economically developed and underdeveloped countries social networks have manifested organically because at the core, most people are good and want to offer help - be it time, teaching, or money. What many of us don't want is government mandating how much money is taken and where it goes (in regards to social programs). I assure you people are more generous, involved, and invested when they are the ones who determine how much they give and where it goes.

xorthen

Banned
I honestly don't think Donald has any real intention of making America great again. I would love to see him try and bring back our jobs from China, Mexico, etc though. If he can do that he would have a vote from me, even though I think he is a douche bag.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
As bad as Trump would be, President Cruz would be an even bigger nightmare.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't see anything wrong with wanting to secure my own country's borders and protect the people who are here legally.

I also don't see anything wrong with wanting to fix a broken social services system that hasn't had a positive effect on the issues it set to fix for over 40 years.

I don't claim to know everything, just stating my opinions, and you have a right to disagree with them.

I never said migrant workers don't work hard, or they don't deserve to be paid for their work. I'd prefer they have a legal path to a proper temporary work visa and higher wages, with some of the work also being done by the American citizens who need the jobs. I don't need the job picking strawberries, and I doubt I'd do a very good job at it, but there are many people who would readily do that themselves if "Pedro" wasn't undercutting them by skirting around regulations and driving down wages by being so easily replaceable by 5 more migrants. I'm willing to pay more for foods and services for that.

What makes you think that the rest of the world has a right to what Americans built without giving something back?

Edit: Maybe I should just stop posting in political topics? Seems many people don't like me in them!

lol, you really don't know shit. You're just spewing words coming out from some old hag in a bar bitching about everything that isn't your cup of tea.

Protect what?! This place was built on robbery and illegal immigrant hard labor well before there was a system but you wouldn't know anything about that.

All concerned about the under privileged part of the pie...concentrate on where the money is cuntrag...really, WTF is it with all these douchebags, don't they see what's going on?

Maybe you should stop opening your topcap, keep it sealed, most of your ideas and opinions are idiotic anyway.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The only positive outcome of a Trump victory would be the possibility Electric Grave gets deported by mistake.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, born in the US, douchebag #2.

Poor nicko here is butthurt 'cause I called him out on being a market leech...lol, the parasite fuck should check his door, the IRS might show up.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I always assumed English was your second language, man. My bad.

Now go play some games you hoarder while I go plot some master leeching schemes you are powerless to prevent.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It is, I was raised in Colombia. Dual citizenship.

You do your thing, I'll bury you...

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
No, I think you are the idiot. Clearly.

Nobody is saying Trump has secretly killed off 6 million people we don't know about. And for the record, no one is suggesting Trump is scouring the globe for arcane, occult objects, just in case your dumb ass was thinking that, too.

They are comparing the rise to power of two demagogues, rallying disenfranchised working class white people with personal charisma, extreme scapegoating xenophobia and overblown nationalism.

I didn't think anyone was dumb enough to think people were comparing mid-war genocidal Hitler with a guy who isn't even leading a country yet. Yeah, obviously that comparison wouldn't make any sense. But you are an idiot for even thinking that is the argument.

You're pretty off yourself Angelino, because many people are seriously saying that the candidacy of Donald Trump in 2016 draws 'scary' parallels to the rise of Adolf Hitler. Many people today have such a superficial understanding of the recent past that the Hitler comparison is them breaking out the big guns. People are making that argument, I'm reading it over and over again and in all seriousness. So kid, I think you may be the idiot in the room here. Wise the fuck up and form a deeper comprehension of modern history.