neo geo aes CRAZY prices?

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
I think it´s just we all get older and have more money now than in our youth. Now we think about the good old times and want to bring them back, but not mentioning that we are too old now

Funniest_Memes_i-have-a-job-so-i-m-able-to-buy-video-games_2729.jpeg

housethemous

New Challenger
I think it´s just we all get older and have more money now than in our youth. Now we think about the good old times and want to bring them back, but not mentioning that we are too old now

Most of us in here are in our 30s-40s though I would guess. Which means we've all had the ability to get 'big-boy' jobs for 10+ years. This price surge only started like 3-4 years ago. I think it has more to do with the rise of retro Video Game prices as a whole. There are even a lot of people who wished they had the Neo back in the day but never could afford it, but now they can - but they never really reached out to the community.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member

:lolz:

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
You hit the nail on the head hasuki-san, i could never have afforded an aes back in the very late 80's early 90's.
But after saying that, it's only the console and certain games that are affordable for me, even though my income is much higher, and it's only the console really that's come down in price over the years.
Most of the carts are really silly money...

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I picked-up Ninja Masters from a member here on the forums in Feburary for about $115 USD. eBay is no longer a good option. Keep waiting and watching. It's a great game don't give up on it.

I use to hunt around on ebay a lot for Sega Genesis and Japanese Mega Drive games but I've stopped for a long time now.

WTF!! http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/Ninja-M...cb-/171867638937?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:BE:3160
i sold mine 2 yeras ago for around 70-80 euro ... i'm looking for one just for playing in my cab , so what is the only solution? making a boot..
giving that price for play 1 or 2 hours per months? not possible for me now...

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
prices be crazy but good deals can still be found. its getting harder as time goes by but gotta stay consistent and you'll find em!

cat

I use to hunt around on ebay a lot for Sega Genesis and Japanese Mega Drive games but I've stopped for a long time now.

I'm a big sega fan myself segaboy and like you i used to hunt down the games on ebay years ago, boy am i glad i got the games i wanted back then, they cost a lot more now...

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Today I felt like getting some 3DO games since my collection for that system is rather meager, so, not knowing of any 3DO forum with a marketplace, I hit eBay...
FML. :hammer:

So even those are hitting the stratosphere by now. Well, some are still very affordable, but those are usually the ones I"ve had since childhood anyway, of course. :D

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I've recently decided to start trying to get boxes and manuals for all my old PC games, and build period-accurate PCs to play them.
Some of it is CRAZY, but for the most part it's a lot better than the console gaming scene.

I just bought like $100~ of boxed PC games from 1992-1998, enough to fill a 4x6x4 foot box to the brim.
I got Monkey Island 1 2 and 3, King's Quest 2-4, Shogo, a bunch of old sierra titles, and like 8 3DFX compatible old 3D games. It's fantastic!

You see some scalpers though, like one guy was trying to sell Conquest of the Longbow for $60 on 5.25" floppies which probably don't even work anymore.

Anyways, the retro fad will die down eventually I hope.
I haven't been into cartridge based Neo Geo stuff for long, but it's a little expensive. Luckily, I have a NGCD that at least lets me play some of the expensive games cheaper.

cat

I haven't been into cartridge based Neo Geo stuff for long, but it's a little expensive. Luckily, I have a NGCD that at least lets me play some of the expensive games cheaper.

I've had my NGCD for years, and love it, but i hate the bloody loading times, they're a nightmare with the fighting games, and the cd price's have gone up quite a bit since i bought a cd game last (about 5-6 years)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've had my NGCD for years, and love it, but i hate the bloody loading times, they're a nightmare with the fighting games, and the cd price's have gone up quite a bit since i bought a cd game last (about 5-6 years)

Sell all the Neo Cd Gear and go the MVS route.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
MVS for fighting games, NGCD for other stuff.

Top Hunter, Magician Lord, and other great stuff on NGCD is as good as or better with only one load time.
I can live with that, personally.

cat

Top Hunter, Magician Lord, and other great stuff on NGCD is as good as or better with only one load time.

Yes DNSDies i agree, i can vouch for top hunter coz i got it too, and out of the 26 or so cd games i got there's about 2-3 fighting ones, they are the genre that i dislike the most, so my actual comment about the load times, from a personal point of view, is pretty pointless to be honest, the juggling monkey is never a major pain when i'm playing my favourite games on the system...

Slugger

Marked Wolf
CMVS plus all the carts you want = gamer, all titles still very obtainable with reasonable prices. Buy shockboxes if you think you need them and voila! AES plus all the best games (with provenance) you want = HC collector, gamer, need to have tons of money for hobby and patience for many years.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

Yep, for the most part. NTM on Neo CD is expensive, that's a good one to have on cart. Plus obviously all the other games not on CD like some of the slugs. I've got a pretty good NGCD collection and think the system takes more abuse than it should of course mine is a CDZ and I don't play fighters so that may be part of it.

kokobill

n00b
I have a ngcd and love it.
I grew up with a Commodore 64 and games on tape, so load times are not a problem for me :)

cat

I grew up with a Commodore 64 and games on tape, so load times are not a problem for me :)

So did i kokobill, at least the commodore had it's own dedicated tape deck, i also had a speccy and you could use any tape deck on it, but it was a bitch to get the tape's to load.

kokobill

n00b
I remember the "joy" of seeing after ten minutes of loading the message:

?LOAD ERROR
READY.

Ready for what ?????!!!!!! :)

cat

Ready for what ?????!!!!!! :)

A hammer :lolz:

Spent the last hour lurking around ebay uk, there's a guy selling off his aes collection, i was going to have a nibble at a few of them but the price's are a little more than what i'm willing to pay, ghost pilots went for £85 super spy £61 alpha mission 2 £102.
What do some of you neo veterans reckon on those prices good, bad, average ???

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
A hammer :lolz:

Spent the last hour lurking around ebay uk, there's a guy selling off his aes collection, i was going to have a nibble at a few of them but the price's are a little more than what i'm willing to pay, ghost pilots went for £85 super spy £61 alpha mission 2 £102.
What do some of you neo veterans reckon on those prices good, bad, average ???

If they were in American dollars they would be average but considering thats Pounds, i would say shitty. Got a link to the sale by chance?

cat

Sale finished hours ago itsofrustratin so can't link you, but i was stalking all of the guy's sales and he must have cleared well over 2 and a half grand (£2500) at the end, 15-20 games, an aes system, memory card (boxed), and a hori stick, guy listed all the items individually so he was quid's in.
Lot's of action and a bit of a feeding frenzy, was interesting...
His 2 biggest earners were 8 man and burning fight, the hori stick went for a bundle as well, it's a lovely thing though...