Fallout 4 Official Thread

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
New Vegas had the only cool mormon in videogame history.

BeefJerky

Yahweh's Sneakiest Little Jew
20 Year Member
I loved FO3 and you guys are making me want to pick up NV. I know it has to be dirt cheap at this point, was there ever like a GOTY edition with all the goodies in it? Or am I going to be chasing DLC?

Yes, it's called "Ultimate Edition", I picked it up for x360 about a year ago for $25 shipped (new). It has ALL the New Vegas DLCs, item packs, etc. Unfortunately, it's still plagued by bugs, that was the only real drawback to NV, you had to remember to save often because it crashed a lot and occasionally corrupts the auto-save.

As for that new site, it's unfortunate that it may be a hoax. From what I read about the morse code it implied it would involve "The Institute" (MIT in our world), which FO3 fans would remember Zimmer at Rivet City hunting for his runaway android.

Being a longtime fan of the series, I've been speculating for a while about where FO4 would take place, "The Institute" being one of those places, I also kind of thought Chicago as well, because of the Enclave presence in the ruined city.

Personally, I think it would be really cool to have a Fallout game set in my hometown (Huntsville, AL), mostly because of its history with the space race and the continued DoD presence. There are also several fallout shelters in government buildings around the city from the cold war still maintained to this day. Will it ever happen? 99% sure it won't, but I can dream right? I imagine it as a full game but similar to the Old World Blues DLC, but with lots of ghoulified pre-war scientists.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
So far every info about that site points to New England...implying it's not a clever fake.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
No one would give a fuck if the game was set in New England. Shittiest setting for anything. Shit location. Shit people. Ugly ass women. Mutants.

fluxcore

Another Striker
Damn. And I was getting excited. Oh well, looks like Wasteland 2 is going to be a fantastic 'spiritual successor' (spiritual predecessor sequel?!) to FO1/2 anyway.

As for NV, first time I tried to play it, I agree. Got bored and stopped. Tried again a year later and was absolutely hooked, I think it's better than FO3 in most ways (except for not having an enormous anti-communism robot, I suppose). One of the most jarring differences between FO3 and NV I think is that VATS became far less useful. My most recent runthrough of NV (to play the excellent DLC packs), I don't think I entered VATS at all.
Get yourself the Gobi scout rifle, and the YCS/186, and have a good time.

But yeah, get the Old World Blues DLC for it if nothing else.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
3 better than NV?

Negro please.

I found the "looking for dad" plot to be weak...same with the complete lack of civilization. When megaton and rivet city were the best places to go besides countless ruins and never ending marauders...it got old. I feel they took the " complete devistation" too far in FO3, even FO 1&2 had more places to visit other than countless empty buildings or subways.

NV had better places to go, better add-ons (expansion packs), more in game RPG elements and the choice of factions was great.

In short...I'd like to nominate NV as the best PS3 Fallout title...thank you and good night...
I haven't played NV, but I 100% agree with your complaints about Fallout3. The copy pasted subway system got old after a while.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
fallout 4 = epic troll

Used to say that about Diablo III. I was playing LOD for years and constantly had to tell people on B.net that there was no Diablo III. Then the official announcement came out and I quit.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
"Ok. As an American, I am so tired of games being set in the NE. We get it. New England is awesome. Can we get some freaking variety now? That's one of the reasons Sleeping Dogs was so refreshing."

...how many games are set in New England? I can't name a single one.
Oh wait it's a comment on Kotaku, nevermind.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
"Ok. As an American, I am so tired of games being set in the NE. We get it. New England is awesome. Can we get some freaking variety now? That's one of the reasons Sleeping Dogs was so refreshing."

...how many games are set in New England? I can't name a single one.
Oh wait it's a comment on Kotaku, nevermind.

There's a LOT of games set in New England...

Left Lane Blocker Extreme
Leaf Watcher Turbo
Wod Ponounca Po
Maple Candy Madness

I'm excited to see this game setting just because I'm in the area.

Somehow, I think Bridgeport will look better in Fallout 4 than it does in 2013 real life. (Seriously, the place is as shitty as Family Guy said)

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Hopefully they include Foxboro, and some form of ghoul Tom Brady you get to kill.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I've heard that Menino will be in the game and they've already hired him to do his own voice acting and motion capture work.

menino.jpg

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
The Big Dig should be just a giant crater that is collapsed in not from a nuclear blast but that just fell in for generally being a big pile of shit.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
It has also been confirmed that Aerosmith will be doing the soundtrack.

:emb: