New DavidG special - Jockey GP

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I can't read anything from this thread without feeling uncomfortable. I have a hard time believing tonk, and I also find peoples' hate off putting as well.

Last edited:

Shawn

snkusa.com
This JGP AES release had full transparency from the very start, we know exactly what we are getting, and obviously the NeoStore will not be going off the grid should a customer want a refund. No one will be required to sign any waivers, pay by non-refundable cashier’s checks, and fly to the Memphis International Airport to pick up their copy. It’s because of these basic yet essential reasons that the only questions/requests surrounding this release from actual future owners have been:
  • Can I reserve/request a specific serial #?
  • How will JGP be numbered, by stickers or by another method?
  • Can a low value be declared for customs?
  • Do you accept payment plans?

Ok , I understood what you say me even if english is not my maternal language :
if one day in my life I sell a fake product to someone (even if I do not know the item is a fake one) ,the buyer will only have four month to ask for a refund . After , it Will be too late .
This reminds me of an ordeal with receiving service for a new slate roof I had purchased for my home. The roof installation included a 5 year warranty, and it should have since the installation & material cost was $50k even. Less than a year had passed and some slate fell loose and this wasn’t storm related though it was guaranteed to endure up to 150+ mph winds. I request warranty service, but the installer keeps delaying. Get this, he finally shows up just shortly after the 5 year mark and repairs the loose slate, and then he gives me a big bill for his services! I didn’t pay this bill and I explained why. He didn’t dispute the reason nor did he put a lien on the house, but making me wait 5 years was quite frustrating, that and trying to swindle me out of unjust repairs that should have been addressed years prior.

With time, maybe TonK will accept responsibility for his portion of the AF3 refund. His excuse is that he spent the money, but I think with time, it seems inevitable that he will once again have $5k at his disposal. Like my grandma always said, “Be a man, do the right thing.”

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
xILmyNT.jpg

TonK

Least Valuable Player
This JGP AES release had full transparency from the very start, we know exactly what we are getting, and obviously the NeoStore will not be going off the grid should a customer want a refund. No one will be required to sign any waivers, pay by non-refundable cashier’s checks, and fly to the Memphis International Airport to pick up their copy. It’s because of these basic yet essential reasons that the only questions/requests surrounding this release from actual future owners have been:

This reminds me of an ordeal with receiving service for a new slate roof I had purchased for my home. The roof installation included a 5 year warranty, and it should have since the installation & material cost was $50k even. Less than a year had passed and some slate fell loose and this wasn’t storm related though it was guaranteed to endure up to 150+ mph winds. I request warranty service, but the installer keeps delaying. Get this, he finally shows up just shortly after the 5 year mark and repairs the loose slate, and then he gives me a big bill for his services! I didn’t pay this bill and I explained why. He didn’t dispute the reason nor did he put a lien on the house, but making me wait 5 years was quite frustrating, that and trying to swindle me out of unjust repairs that should have been addressed years prior.

With time, maybe TonK will accept responsibility for his portion of the AF3 refund. His excuse is that he spent the money, but I think with time, it seems inevitable that he will once again have $5k at his disposal. Like my grandma always said, “Be a man, do the right thing.”

You sure grammy won't be mad at you siding with someone who you claim stole money from people by selling fake games?

So let me get this straight. David G is in the clear and so is everyone else, but TonK is the bad guy?

I hope this forum and the old members will finally see through the bullshit.

Shawn is a crook. A shady crook.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

The right thing is selling a product made by a scammer?

WTF?

Why is the buck stopping w/ TonK? Since TonK is being slammed for being involved w/ AF3 (guilt by association), why isn't the person responsible for unearthing/making/unleashing the game on the community being slammed as well?

Nightmare Tony removed any doubt that GH...erm, DG was a liar.

How can you in good conscience do business w/ this cur?

Shawn, how is selling JGP (considering the SOURCE) 'doing the right thing?'

city41

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
"Be a man, do the right thing."

You could start doing that yourself by not stealing someone else's game and creating bootlegs of it with a scammer. The hypocrisy here just blows my mind. You just grabbed someone else's game and claimed it as your own, to sell for fifteen hundred dollars a pop. Have some respect for people's works.

I believe that there are enough suckers in the Neo collecting community that Shawn and David could do a cart of the month club.

For a mere $15,000, you can have a brand new Neo Geo home cart delivered to your address of choice once per month for a period of 1 year. Quick math will show that this is a savings of $3000 over the usual Neo Geo bootleg price!

Seriously guys, this is a huge opportunity that's being missed.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Shitbagging other members here for hypocrisy or greed is like sitting at the finish line of the daytona 500 and writing out speeding tickets.

Shawn

snkusa.com
I’m not here to defend DavidG. I could have simply excluded mention of the source, but I’ve made a long term habit of conforming to ‘honesty is the best policy’. In this case, the more information the customer has, the better (see full transparency). If the customer feels exploited, mislead, or cheated, they are of course entitled to cancel their preorder at any time.

While he would like us to believe that he was a helpless victim, now I understand why TonK was so adamant about pushing AF3 and his PS2 AES releases as SNK originals. Aside from the $30k/each sticker price, you can also appease those that don’t like seeing unreleased home carts made available by unofficial means. Has anyone pondered if NCI and NgDev are indeed selling official/sanctioned SNK products? Regardless, after all these years, I don’t recall any scolding from owners of Strikers 1945 Plus, Granyru, Super Dodgeball, & Prehistoric Isle 2, and I don’t anticipate any disappointment resulting from future owners of Jockey Grandprix AES.

My obligation is satisfied customers, and that mission will be accomplished. Satisfying those that have little to no interest in fresh items for the AES is simply unrealistic under the circumstances.

So 10 people is everyone? :annoyed:

Preorders opened yesterday, June 9th. One day has passed and half the production is now sold. Have patience my fellow horse racing enthusiast, for there are still 6+ weeks remaining until the JGP AES release.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Preorders opened yesterday, June 9th. One day has passed and half the production is now sold.

It's ok, David can always knock up a few more if need be! :P

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Preorders opened yesterday, June 9th. One day has passed and half the production is now sold. Have patience my fellow horse racing enthusiast, for there are still 6+ weeks remaining until the JGP AES release.

how many did chamane buy?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I guess we have gone fishing because there are a shit load of red herrings flying about.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
...and no one complained when NCI "released" Totc, an obvious fake made from magazine scans and they still had the audacity to put FACE in there.

theMot

10 Year Member
...and no one complained when NCI "released" Totc, an obvious fake made from magazine scans and they still had the audacity to put FACE in there.

I don't think anyone really cares or not if something is fake so long as we're not being lied to. The problem here is the sites admin is doing business with someone claiming make believe games were the real deal and scamming people out of tens of thousands of dollars.

As Shawn said, if this is the way the games were portrayed from the start there would be no problem. He's right about that.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I don't think anyone really cares or not if something is fake so long as we're not being lied to. The problem here is the sites admin is doing business with someone claiming make believe games were the real deal and scamming people out of tens of thousands of dollars.

As Shawn said, if this is the way the games were portrayed from the start there would be no problem. He's right about that.

That's what I mean, you just contradicted yourself there.

NCI claimed it was real and it wasn't and nothing happened, not to mention it affected more people since so many copies of the game were made.

Last edited:

theMot

10 Year Member
That's what I mean, you just contradicted yourself there.

NCI claimed it was real and it wasn't and nothing happened, not to mention it affected more people since so many copies of the game were made.

I stand corrected.

Lets roast those bastards too.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I stand corrected.

Lets roast those bastards too.

I hope they aren't trying to make Warlocks of Fate.

I'm fine with Shawn selling whatever he wants since this is a free site and there are bills. I also agree with him that as long as there is transparency, it's fine. Other releases should be done the exact same way. The $1500 is probably mostly due to the small run of the title. If it was 50-100 units then the price would have been maybe a lot lower. I think the small run was considered since the game isn't that great and no one wants to sit on 30+ extra carts that won't sell.

We need to find some protos or even get licensed releases. I know people wouldn't mind a licensed release of Puzzle Bobble on the AES or anything Visco even Saurus.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I refuse to ever tell my neogeo about TotC. She'd get so depressed she might commit seppuku.