So the Wii U........What exactly is Nintendo playing at?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Nintendo is just not open to change, and they can't admit it. The WiiU has been a marketing failure, and they will have to carry this console alone as predicted. Honestly, I'm fine with them really only doing their own games but they need new IP, more devs and they need to get better at HD development. The slow lineup of games only shows just how late to the game they are, and I hope they learned a lesson here. I really only see this console barely make it out alive, and that's after all of the classic IPs drop on it possibly in 2014-2015.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Nintendo is just not open to change, and they can't admit it. The WiiU has been a marketing failure, and they will have to carry this console alone as predicted. Honestly, I'm fine with them really only doing their own games but they need new IP, more devs and they need to get better at HD development. The slow lineup of games only shows just how late to the game they are, and I hope they learned a lesson here. I really only see this console barely make it out alive, and that's after all of the classic IPs drop on it possibly in 2014-2015.

I agree.

The real question is will I even care about the damn thing in 2015?

probably not...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
more like "WII POO"

EDIT:
Shroom, in case you didn't know, being from Germany and all, "poo" is a word we Americans use as a less offensive synonym for the word "shit"...not to mistaken for "pooh", who is loveable huggable bear that wears a shirt but no pants.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Tough to say. The release schedule was worse on N64 than its been on the Wii U. But a slow software schedule didn't matter when your system has landmark games like Mario 64 and Zelda OoT. The Wii U doesn't have a game like that...yet. Or is Nintendo finally experiencing franchise fatigue after thirty years of retreading the classics?

A lot of the third party devs decided to jump ship. It's like deja vu.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Wait a minute, I thought Shroom was an American expatriate living in Germany. Me confused. :sad:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Nintendo has been releasing a steady stream of content. I don't think they need to develop that much faster really.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
might pick up the mario wii u bundle

fuck, i'm such a mario whore

at this point i have zero interest in ps4 or xbox one

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Just give me new(actually new) Zelda, new F-zero and new Metroid and I will get the Wii U. Otherwise... meh

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Does anyone have any experience with the chinese knock-off Wii remote plus controllers on the Wii U or should I just buy the original ones? I´m a bit tempted buying a couple from ebay since the official ones are quite expensive and I need at least two sets.

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Foreman of Jewish Tunnels
20 Year Member
Just give me new(actually new) Zelda, new F-zero and new Metroid and I will get the Wii U. Otherwise... meh

Agreed. So far the only thing they've released that has interested me is Pikmin 3. If/when they drop Metroid Prime 4, if it's a big, epic, nasty mofo I might, MIGHT get a Wii U. I bought a cheap old Wii for some of the xSeed stuff, but so far it appears that everyone laughed right in teh WiiU's face.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
That isn't until next summer.

It´s a long wait can´t deny that. People who already have a Wii might just want to wait until the end of next year before purchasing a Wii U. I don´t really need to have many games on a system to fully enjoy it. Games like The Wonderful 101 and the upcoming Bayonetta 2 for example will offer hundreds of hours replay value for those who want it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
They said the whole point of Wind Waker HD was to hold people over while they really make the next Zelda amazing.
Zelda has always been a fairly linear game, and they want to make it more open world.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
ng3re-ayane-new-costume.jpg

I get this skin for free but I still won't bother to put the game back in. did just pay 3.50 for zelda though, it might still be on sale? Wish I would've seen magicians post about the resident evil sale in time it would have been a good excuse to buy and play it.
3.50 until the 21st

Last edited:

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
They said the whole point of Wind Waker HD was to hold people over while they really make the next Zelda amazing.
Zelda has always been a fairly linear game, and they want to make it more open world.

If the fans are getting a little antsy, don't be surprised if they launch a remake of Majora's Mask.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
might pick up the mario wii u bundle

fuck, i'm such a mario whore

at this point i have zero interest in ps4 or xbox one

Me too. If I buy one of the new(ish) console, it will be a Wii U.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
So have they fixed that shit where it takes forever to download updates and switch menus and all that stuff? I was kind of keen on getting one until I read all that.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
In the past year Nintendo has updated the dashboard a few times.

It's not lightning quick like PS4/XBone, but it's better than it was.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's a Wii with an HDMI port. That alone is worth $200

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
So have they fixed that shit where it takes forever to download updates and switch menus and all that stuff? I was kind of keen on getting one until I read all that.

It used to take forever to switch menus ect untill the big update a while back. The OS is pretty fast and not a problem at all.

Its actually a pretty good interface tbh.

I currently have about 15 games on Wii U and the off screen play as well as Miiverse intergration/gamepad functions make it well worthwhile for me.
It is hands down the best local multiplayer gaming system that I have ever used and with the right game and upto 5 people playing it really good fun!

I will pick up a PS4 at somepoint. I want to wait a while for the good games to come out, maybe a price drop and any hardward niggles if any to be sorted then ill get one.

I think the Wii U will be like the wii where most people will have the latest PS4/Xbone and then a Wii U on the side like last gen.

I cant wait for Mario 3D world, that game looks amazing and it should have been a launch games for the Wii U.

Last edited: