Preorders for all five volumes of the Neo Geo X classics collection on Amazon.com

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
I hate hate hate pretty much any kind of sports games but I've really gotten in to several NG sports titles lately. Neo Turf Masters is one of my favorite games now. I never played any of the sports games before I got my NGX.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I hate hate hate pretty much any kind of sports games but I've really gotten in to several NG sports titles lately. Neo Turf Masters is one of my favorite games now. I never played any of the sports games before I got my NGX.

Heheheh, I felt the same way. I NEVER buy sports games. Really detest them, actually. At least, I did, until I played NeoGeo's version of sports. Seriously, every sports title I've played for the NeoGeo has been a BLAST! Which is why I was so excited that Super Sidekicks and Baseball Stars 2 were among the packed in games! I never played League Bowling before picking up the NGX, but Baseball Stars 2 and Super Sidekicks 3 on the SNK Arcade collection Vol. 1 for the Wii were what got me into them, and wanting to check out more! And of course, subsequently needing to acquire them for my other Neo systems.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I find the sports games to be best played with someone else. Playing against the computer gets old after awhile.

bojay1997

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I wonder if these game releases will be delayed? According to Gamestop, the handheld-only version of the X is now delayed until late August.

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
I too am interested to see what the packaging looks like, In anticipation of it being purely a blister pack i made this:

Attachments

• neogeoxbox.jpg
    neogeoxbox.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 210

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I too am interested to see what the packaging looks like, In anticipation of it being purely a blister pack i made this:

For a sec there I thought that was a new image, nice :)

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
Thanks man, i would obviously recreate this format for all volumes, it fits into a DS case and that obviously has an sd card area inside, If the packaging is rubbish i might start producing these if people were interested.

enix2093

Crazed MVS Addict
So, 3 games on a card for $25? Seems a bit steep @ $8.25 per game for outdated game ROMs on an SD card. I'd have been more inclined to jump on it if they did $20 or less; preferably $10-$15 for 3 games considering these carry little overhead costs. And ideally, it would have been nicer to get them digitally directly to the device rather than on cards.

Tommo Announces NEOGEO X Classics for the NEOGEO X™

15 New Games, System Update, Game Case and More Coming This Spring

Los Angeles, CA - February 21, 2013 - Tommo Inc., in partnership with SNK PLAYMORE, today announced, after a successful launch of the NEOGEO X GOLD Limited Edition, their plans to release 15 new titles for the NEOGEO X. Starting in April, Tommo will release NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I, the first in a series of NEOGEO X Classics Games Cards made exclusively for use with the NEOGEO X Handheld entertainment system.

NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I will blasts onto North American retail shelves in late April 2013, and will dazzle action fans with shoot 'em up classics METAL SLUG, SENGOKU, and TOP HUNTER, all on one NEOGEO X Game Card!

Full listing of titles for NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I-V:
• ART OF FIGHTING 3
• BLAZING STAR
• BREAKERS REVENGE
• FATAL FURY: MARK OF THE WOLVES
• KIZUNA ENCOUNTER
• THE KING OF FIGHTERS '96
• THE LAST BLADE 2
• METAL SLUG 2
• SAMURAI SHODOWN 3
• SAVAGE REIGN
• SENGOKU
• SHOCK TROOPERS
• SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 - THE NEXT GLORY
• TOP HUNTER
• WORLD HEROES JET

In addition to these amazing classic NEOGEO AES games, Tommo will be including the "ROCKET" High-speed Data Transfer and Charging Travel Cable, at no additional cost, with each copy of NEOGEO X Classics: Volumes I-V.

As part of Tommo's continued support and development of the NEOGEO X and having, most importantly, listened to customer feedback, Tommo will also be including NEOGEO X System Update 1.0 with NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I. More details on the NEOGEO X System Update 1.0 will be released in the weeks to come. And because the fans asked for it, a NEOGEO X Travel Case is also in development, and is scheduled for release in April 2013.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I hope along with the picture fixes the firmware also allows for the volume to be louder as played the handheld today for the first time since january and the sound is not loud at all and had to plug the headphones in to enjoy it.

Thanks man, i would obviously recreate this format for all volumes, it fits into a DS case and that obviously has an sd card area inside, If the packaging is rubbish i might start producing these if people were interested.

its a good backup plan.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I hope along with the picture fixes the firmware also allows for the volume to be louder as played the handheld today for the first time since january and the sound is not loud at all and had to plug the headphones in to enjoy it.

I've read and saw people having that problem in reviews, I kinda wonder if I got an inconsistent, or mutant version. When using the handheld I keep my volume at level 3, it's as loud as any other handheld I have (My NGX at volume level 3 is roughly the same as my 3DS at maximum volume). Turned up to the max, it'll fill my living room with noise. Now with headphones plugged in, or plugged into my dock, I have to jack the volume to enjoy.

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
Really wish we could get one of the Aero fighter games.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Really wish we could get one of the Aero fighter games.

It is a possibility, if this first batch of collections does well enough! I mean, fan demand got Mark of the Wolves in there, so why not? Honestly, I'm super stoked for Blazing Star!

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
So, 3 games on a card for $25? Seems a bit steep @ $8.25 per game for outdated game ROMs on an SD card. I'd have been more inclined to jump on it if they did $20 or less; preferably $10-$15 for 3 games considering these carry little overhead costs. And ideally, it would have been nicer to get them digitally directly to the device rather than on cards.

I'm not going to quibble over $5. $5 is what it takes to buy a meal at Taco Bell. Its nothing.

And I'm *extremely* glad they are shipping on cards. This way my Neo Geo X can fall to pieces (a distinct possibility) and I won't have to wonder about how to transfer the software to the next one. "Games on the Cloud" is a recipe for getting screwed. Every time I put a 20 year old cart or CD in a game system lately I think about how this won't be possible with the stuff being released in 5 years. I'd like to hang on to this as long as possible.

Last edited:

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
I got most of those games already but will need volume 1 for the firmware and also the kof96 set even though im not a fan of blazing star or kizuna but no longer own 96.

I use to like save reign, love the kings speech at the end and the fact parts of background break plus the roller coaster knock down, but it does get a bit borig.

You like savage reign but not kizuna, when savage reign is the game before kizuna??

I think they both kick ass

ZackMorris

n00b
Seriously can't wait for World Heroes 2 Jet...I have it on my PS2 Anthology collection. I have to sa WH2 Jet is my favorite iteration of the game.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member

Your ninja masters design was top notch, but you have really out done yourself this time sir, excellent job!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'd laugh if Tommo actually used it and didn't give him credit.

hahaha.

in other news i just put the whole library on one sd card. i may even make a case for it.

It should be obvious that the Classic Collections will come in a packaging like the Ninja Masters Card. except in this cause it will just a simple printed cardboard box of sorts with a plastic tray inside holding the usb cord and SD card (which contains both the games and system update together).

Then future releases in the following months, will each come with another accessory (i.e. travel case or whatever) and especially a new System Firmware patch as an incentive to get you to spend $25 on 3 roms.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were cruel enough, for example if collection 1 contained patch 1.0, II v1.1, III v1.2, IV v1.3, and V v1.4, for those who skipped on the collection II, got collection III or whatever, and tried to use the latest patch, it told you, you must upgrade to v1.1 first or whatever prior versions.. that would suck xD