Post Your Recent Purchases!

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Some feedback regarding the jackets. They are more or less the same. The large is only slightly larger than the medium.They have a tight fit on the sleeves and on the chest, both of them.

I'm 1.88m tall and currently 88kg. Quality in general is good.

I bought them from here:

http://www.1999.co.jp/10412542

but play-asia has them as well and I believe it's better to get it from there. My packets from Play-Asia usually don't get stuck at customs. This was did and the tax was £38 which was quite a lot. Usually it's like 11-15 pounds.

I'll make some pics soon

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Lucas, what everyone wants to know is where did you score that sweet jumpsuit and how can we get one...lol.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Lucas, what everyone wants to know is where did you score that sweet jumpsuit and how can we get one...lol.

Only 50 or so were made. They made them for us at a PlayStation marketing conference. It's 2-3 years back I believe. I know it looks cool but this is only for the heart of winter. It's like super extra warm. The PS Blog had a competition at some point for giving one away. Apparently people liked it a lot:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/04/weekend-debate-whats-perfect-gaming-set/

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I'd say one of the better RGB SCART to Component converters that I've used thus far.

4t90n6.jpg

A couple Speccy systems in good shape.

The little guy on the right has had a composite video mod done to it. That's always preferable than just the standard RF.

24mibk0.jpg

I found a cheap clone Mega Drive at a thrift store for the equivalent of about $5.

It's as light as a feather. Not much there internally.

Has a bunch of built-in games. Most are just plain crap, though.

11qiqz5.jpg

There's a region switch as well.

2ik33uw.jpg

A few games,

16k6nmr.jpg

Some plug-and-play systems.

-Commando, Ghosts n Goblins and 1942.

-Mortal Kombat.

Breakout, Pong, Centipede, Asteroids + 7 more games.

r084qp.jpg

And found a Rygar marquee in decent enough shape.

Got it for 50 ZAR. That works out to about $4.

2ypfatc.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice get Nerdtendo, I cheaped out with the PGM cart but maybe one day I'll score the PCB.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Picked this piece of shit up today for 450
20170325_124536_1490489585851.jpeg20170325_124544_1490489585676.jpeg
The guy who sold it to the guy who sold it to me was using it for ms pacman, so I start the process of gutting and cleaning the thing where necessary, bought some supplies at home depot, pulled out the drilled out locks and then as I'm searching the internet for a new cp I come across one of the aero city cabs mahjong controllers on ebay and a realization comes over me, I saw some square holes on the back of the cp I was going to throw away, so I doig the cp out of the trash and start tearing it down and peeling off the shitty adhesive overlay, 15 minutes later and this is what it looks like:
20170325_174050_1490489585432.jpeg
The dumb son of a bitch ruined a completely usable mahjong cp so he could play pacman smh

anyways I'm looking for a marquee holder, and a new Sega Aero City plastic marquee (this one is cracked in two places) also if anyone knows anyone who sells repros of 6 button aero city cps that'd be a huge help, also I'm leaning toward seimitsu buttons and sticks but I'm retarded when it comes to that stuff so any recommendations are welcome, also sorry for the long post I probably should have made a thread for this but that seemed kinda gay

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Dude, your in Cali, that's probably the one place in the States that has the most candy cabs. It seems like everyone who sells a Candy Cab in the States is from Cali. You couldn't find something better then that?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/arcade-game...8530fba&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=301690200678

most of the places with a plentiful supply are in socal, which is 6 hours from where I live plus it was only 450 dollars and I don't mind fixing it, I like having little projects, I've already cleaned up most of the dirt and am going to give it a new coat of paint, it'll look brand new when I'm done with it

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
most of the places with a plentiful supply are in socal, which is 6 hours from where I live plus it was only 450 dollars and I don't mind fixing it, I like having little projects, I've already cleaned up most of the dirt and am going to give it a new coat of paint, it'll look brand new when I'm done with it

I'm glad your up for the task. I'm just pissed that the seller actually asked that much for the cab in that condition. He should have paid you to go pick it up.

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Nice score, NeuroticMoose. You've got a bit of work cut out for you, but the Aero's are pretty sweet. River Service is your one stop shop for a 6 button CP. Be prepared to pay a bit for it, tho. I went ahead and picked up a 1L7B and a 2L12B, since shipping, paypal fees, etc etc were going to run pricing through the roof.

The 2L12B is still in the box, worked a deal with them to get it unpopulated. Snagged a couple non-working fight sticks with all sanwa parts for dirt cheap a while back off ebay, which are paying dividends on populating the 2L12B. :D

Oh, and that's the original Aero City CP, albeit with a mis-colored 2P ball top. :/

But, there was a Mah Jongg CP on this cab which the seller graciously swapped to a non-Mah-Jongg CP, however he did not replace the wiring harness which was not JAMMA and wouldn't even fit a JAMMA board (a few mm too thin). A bit of desoldering and thankfully I had a spare JAMMA extender harness which I cut and soldered to the SGB-3042X 36pin connector, and the cabinet was soon rightfully JAMMA ready. I've still got that desoldered Mah Jongg harness in a zip loc bag safely stowed away in the coin box. :D

River Service got me original 3580 locks and keys too. They weren't very helpful with replacement locks and keys for a Neo 25, but it seems the Aero parts are still *kinda* available with enough tenacity.

^That is where I got my Aero (KC)...but those "bleast city" cabs were my first visit to him, from which I walked away empty handed. 2 non-working, 1 working with terrible screen burn. I think back and think I could have possibly struck a deal for 2 of them, to piece together 1 decent working blast city...but at the time I wasn't in for that level of a project and had good money in hand to get a good condition working cab.

A long post to tip my cup to a follow Aero owner, and to suggest River Service for the things you're looking for (http://www.rs2006.co.jp/overseas.htm). Also, a bit of empathy for your search for a candy, even in the "candy land of milk and honey" here in Cali. ;) Looking forward to seeing your cab come into its own!

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I can't believe someone had the balls to charge $450 for that cab, especially in CA of all places!

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
My only recent addition to rebuilding my collection, not finding much at decent prices right now -

6A04F4E4-009D-4B4B-B334-F44BEA8EBC1C_zpshrdimqsf.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
My only recent addition to rebuilding my collection, not finding much at decent prices right now -

6A04F4E4-009D-4B4B-B334-F44BEA8EBC1C_zpshrdimqsf.jpg

One of the Cheaper Aes games out there and it's probably the game I played the most on the Neo.