VideoGameX (Huntington Beach, CA)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Dude, who is running your auctions? Why do they keep ending auctions?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Josh,

It looks like you have PMs disabled, so I'll just ask you here. I don't have a Facebook account but am interested in that silver Game Boy Light. Can you link me to more pictures? Can we make a deal outside of Facebook?

Thanks

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Now it just looks suspicious. You can see in the old prematurely ended auction that the highest bid made for both carts was only $1200. So those two are probably boots or freaked stuff and not genuine.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=290768603279

Most of the bidding takes place in the last few minutes of an auction let alone a day before. Plus the fact that they are selling high dollar items with only 1 feedback to their name. I think it would be smart to unload some giveaway games at this point like $1 games and build up their feedback to at least 50. Then unload the high dollar stuff.

If you break the cardinal rule of auctions then don't expect things to go well. When you cancel an auction that has many bidders interested and then you cancel the auction the day before because "the price was low" causes those buyers now to lose interest with dealing with you. If you want a certain price then put a reserve on it but just remember that people like auctions because they feel like they might be able to get a good deal on an item but if there is a reserve then it pushes people away as well. This is why I think when you get more feedback it will help gain the buyers/bidders trust to bid on your items and not get taken.

Neogeomaniac67

New Challenger
Dude, who is running your auctions? Why do they keep ending auctions?

I have 2 questions myself. Why is shipping 86.00 for 2 games? And if you look at the bottom of some of the pictures for some of his other auctions, why is the price cheaper there than the auction price??

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Most of the bidding takes place in the last few minutes of an auction let alone a day before. Plus the fact that they are selling high dollar items with only 1 feedback to their name. I think it would be smart to unload some giveaway games at this point like $1 games and build up their feedback to at least 50. Then unload the high dollar stuff.

If you break the cardinal rule of auctions then don't expect things to go well. When you cancel an auction that has many bidders interested and then you cancel the auction the day before because "the price was low" causes those buyers now to lose interest with dealing with you. If you want a certain price then put a reserve on it but just remember that people like auctions because they feel like they might be able to get a good deal on an item but if there is a reserve then it pushes people away as well. This is why I think when you get more feedback it will help gain the buyers/bidders trust to bid on your items and not get taken.

He could have put high res pics in the Boot or No Boot section on the forums prior to selling, to generate some buzz as well as to ascertain the authenticity of the carts. Too bad the only pics he has so far is the one with the NGF people.

ed: Here's another seller pulling the same shit. Maybe this is some loophole to avoid paying the new ebay final value fee penalty or something?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18096429618...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_746wt_1165

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Dammit, it happened again. I was bidding on something and was going to make a higher bid in the last hour and it closed the day before.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I guess Josh doesn't want my Game Boy Light fund.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Looks to be shady to me. Shipping cabs with messed up monitors will be hell for him I'm sure when the buyer protection rears it's ugly head.

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
Its sellers like this that make Ebay Suck. Does anyone else hate that the pics are small and no description what so ever.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
At first I was bidding to help Josh out by bidding up the Deathsmiles PCBs, I figure I can help him and still get a great deal. I give up bidding on these if the auctions just keep getting pulled. Why even put it as an auction?

I don't see this business lasting very long. Why don't you just list them as fixed price with the best offer option enabled so people can make offers on your stuff, I think that would be the best option.

Absolutely laughable that they keep pulling their auctions. Couldn't be any shadier. In their store they take the highest ebay prices for their AES stuff, and add literally 25%+ for their store price lol.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Everybody asks questions and complains to no avail as it seems....
It is clear that we are not talking about a serious business here.
Does he really believe that people will take him seriously??
I mean metal slugs Us without at least decent photos?
Is a picture with Dion enough to add legitimacy to his carts?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Josh has a poor rep due to his personality and actions, none of this should surprise anyone.