161-in-1 Game Breakdown

Can't bring myself to buy one of these multicarts. There's something about it that cheapens the games when you get them all at once.

I get super excited when I get a new cartridge and I can sit and play it for hours. If I had all of them (well, almost all of them), I would probably play each one for 5 minutes and then move on to the next one. I wouldn't appreciate them nearly as much.

I'm glad these carts are available, but they're not for me. Besides, this one is missing a bunch of big games. What good is a multicart without Cyber-lip and Nam?

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
I'm glad these carts are available, but they're not for me. Besides, this one is missing a bunch of big games. What good is a multicart without Cyber-lip and Nam?

These games are cheap to buy on their own. I've got the multi cart mainly for titles I haven't been able to get as well as some of the Plus titles that include extra characters etc :)

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
These games are cheap to buy on their own. I've got the multi cart mainly for titles I haven't been able to get as well as some of the Plus titles that include extra characters etc :)

Can't bring myself to buy one of these multicarts. There's something about it that cheapens the games when you get them all at once.

I get super excited when I get a new cartridge and I can sit and play it for hours. If I had all of them (well, almost all of them), I would probably play each one for 5 minutes and then move on to the next one. I wouldn't appreciate them nearly as much.

You're forgetting something major...

The wear and tear of your kit...pop the multi cart in and you seldom have to remove. I guess that only matters if you have a gamer collection as opposed to a collectors collection. The cart also allowed me to check out games that I feel are worth me buying a standalone MVS cart for as opposed to emulation.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
You're forgetting something major...

The wear and tear of your kit...pop the multi cart in and you seldom have to remove. I guess that only matters if you have a gamer collection as opposed to a collectors collection. The cart also allowed me to check out games that I feel are worth me buying a standalone MVS cart for as opposed to emulation.

Yeah, I do find it amusing when someone's main argument against something is their own lack of willpower. That would be like me saying I refuse to eat at a buffet, because I wouldn't be able to really focus on the macaroni casserole, and give it the attention it truly deserves.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
I've played a bit more of the multi cart and noticed that the games that run slightly faster are set at level 8 and so I guess this is affecting the speed of the enemy fire on games like Metal Slug. Got to change the level to 4 and see if it's the same speed as a stand alone original cart. Still having fun with this :-J

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I've played a bit more of the multi cart and noticed that the games that run slightly faster are set at level 8 and so I guess this is affecting the speed of the enemy fire on games like Metal Slug. Got to change the level to 4 and see if it's the same speed as a stand alone original cart. Still having fun with this :-J

That makes a lot more sense, cos I just wasn't buying that some games were just spontaneously running faster. I certainly hadn't seen it.

mw13

n00b
ok so its been a while since i posted,but it seems most of my restart issues steam from memory overload. From what i understand the mv1 boards hold 7 memory slots. (For dipswitch settings, high scores, and whatnot.) once these 7 slots are full thats when the issues arise. and trust me it doesnt take long to play 7 different titles. A simple memory dump at the hardware set up screen by holding A,B,C when prompted takes care of the issue. BTW anyone know how to exit that screen i dont seem to be able to get out of that hardware loop without shutting off the system. I cant see anyone wouldnt want one of these, they're crazy cheap for what all u revive. And even with the few glithes out there it runs well worth the 109 i paid for it. and its a great way to play games ive never even seen b4

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
ok so its been a while since i posted,but it seems most of my restart issues steam from memory overload. From what i understand the mv1 boards hold 7 memory slots. (For dipswitch settings, high scores, and whatnot.) once these 7 slots are full thats when the issues arise. and trust me it doesnt take long to play 7 different titles. A simple memory dump at the hardware set up screen by holding A,B,C when prompted takes care of the issue. BTW anyone know how to exit that screen i dont seem to be able to get out of that hardware loop without shutting off the system. I cant see anyone wouldnt want one of these, they're crazy cheap for what all u revive. And even with the few glithes out there it runs well worth the 109 i paid for it. and its a great way to play games ive never even seen b4

Are you saying this is a fix for the games that restart? That would be nice!

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Do you mean when it brings up the cross hatched screen and it says "MemReset"? I tried that and Super Dodgeball still crashed 45 seconds later. Let me know it there's something I'm missing.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
that fix was suggested around page 5 of this thread but not specifically told to solve the issues of restarting! anyone else can confirm? or test!

Bill I don't know if you found the thread where DavidG announces that his new fix for the pranslation and phantom1 will be ready soon allowing you to play the 161 on AES with no issues and EVERY single cart issue free!

Phantom-1 / Pranslation converter upgrade - Coming very soon!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That's because the youtube guy uses a European bios.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
oh, ok, thanks for the answer :)

Is there a pattern about the releases of this multi-carts. Let's say 6 months beetween one and the following?
I think we can calculate when the complete mvs library will be in a single cartridge.

mw13

n00b
actually mine was set to portugese too. its just set that way u can press a to cycle thru, english, spanish, portugese, or french. Every game seems to have its own weird unique settings u just gotta go in and set your soft dips acordingly.

mw13

n00b
oh and to reset the memory its in the hardware test screens. just passed the colors,crosshatch, and other goodies. There is a point where your prompted to press A,B,C together to reset the memory.

mmmonkey

Quiz Detective
Been playing a bit of Garou recently, and unless my Unibios was set on Japanese mode then I would get some odd background sprites appearing in the wrong place on Tizocs (wrestling ring ) stage.

Received my official Garou cart today, and confirmed it doesn't do the same. Only just realised that the game has credits at the end also.

Are they squeezing little bits out games to fit them all on?

DavidG

The multicart boards have enough space to hold every neo game and all the hacks with room to spare. The makers of these carts make more money over time if they get people to buy a few carts rather then one time and you get them all.

thanks for the email id !
i ordered also throught this guy; good service and all working well.

i tried to order first by this 2 companies:
victor electronics and wellink trading
but they didnt reply on my emails so i didnt feel comfortable to order by them.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Been playing a bit of Garou recently, and unless my Unibios was set on Japanese mode then I would get some odd background sprites appearing in the wrong place on Tizocs (wrestling ring ) stage.

Received my official Garou cart today, and confirmed it doesn't do the same. Only just realised that the game has credits at the end also.

Are they squeezing little bits out games to fit them all on?

This is crazy late, but it sounds like they have the prototype version of Garou on there. It was floating around as a rom for a long time and that's prolly what they used.

I don't think they tamper with the roms intentionally, they just use shitty dumps without testing them. Samurai Shodown 2's jacked up audio is a fine example.

toricmedia

n00b
My experience

Hi. I got a "brand new" mvs 4 slot cabinet as a gift, without any games, and bought one of these 161 carts to test my setup. Only cost me $85 Australian and was here from China in 2 days, purchased off aliexpress.com.

I also have a "blue elf 2009" board which has a lot of neo geo games on if, bit it runs like a dog compared to the 161. Games take forever to load and they are a bit glitchy. It also costs double the price.

The 161 works fine as a quick way to get a system up, but like any hobby the goal is always to be 'authentic', so don't know how long it will stay in my cab for.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
The 161 works fine as a quick way to get a system up, but like any hobby the goal is always to be 'authentic', so don't know how long it will stay in my cab for.

Until you get a game that doesn't come on multicart or is too glitchy to tolerate on multicart (SamSho1/2)....then it'll go right back in.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
I've got the multi cart mainly for titles I haven't been able to get as well as some of the Plus titles that include extra characters etc :)

What's the difference in the AoF2 and Double Dragon hacks? I never saw them on individual cartridges before.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
What's the difference in the AoF2 and Double Dragon hacks? I never saw them on individual cartridges before.

I'm in the same boat with Double Dragon, but I can take a look at AOF2 and see. I'm guessing it'll be just Geese unlocked. Or maybe they hacked it to be not impossibly cheap. ;)