161-in-1 Game Breakdown

stevan5150

Mr. Big's Thug
still having some really weird sound things, but it has gotten better

when i have weird sound things, i restart the game twice and the actually fixes it, i have glitches with neo turf masters, and blazing star, and bust a move again. the sound cuts in and out and then gets stupid loud.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
when i have weird sound things, i restart the game twice and the actually fixes it, i have glitches with neo turf masters, and blazing star, and bust a move again. the sound cuts in and out and then gets stupid loud.

I haven't had anything like that and I've played NTM a fair amount. Weird.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
I was about to get one of this but I keep reading of people having problems with this multi-cart, I guess Ill wait a bit longer to see how they can be fixed before getting one!

If I am not mistaken and for what people commented about their issues the power level plays an important role on how the cart works and behaves! not mentioning the memory wipe-out when you insert the cart! seems that clearing the memory before hand also helped some people!

does anyone haves any other issues not discussed in this thread?

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I was about to get one of this but I keep reading of people having problems with this multi-cart, I guess Ill wait a bit longer to see how they can be fixed before getting one!

If I am not mistaken and for what people commented about their issues the power level plays an important role on how the cart works and behaves! not mentioning the memory wipe-out when you insert the cart! seems that clearing the memory before hand also helped some people!

does anyone haves any other issues not discussed in this thread?

I havesn't had any issues I didn't mention, but the way I see it, a couple glitchy games out of 69 or 70 titles that work fine is an easy tradeoff to make when you're paying the price of one or two games. I think a lot of these one off problems have more to do with the hardware they're being run on than the cart itself (dirty cart slots etc). It sounds like a huge mound of problems when you have those nonissues like "Viewpoint's splash screen sounds funny" thrown on to the pile.

Another thing to keep in mind is how many folks are running these things with no complaints, cos nobody shows up to the forum to say "Oh my cart works great"....it's only when things go wrong. Granted I'm sure some of those folks may not know enough about the games to even know there is a problem, like the wonky sound on SS2's The Future is Now screen.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
So I'm about the get a 2 slot CMVS. I've been playing my 111 in 1, flawlessly on my 1 slot MV-1F. So from what I can gather from this thread...it's best to play the 111 in 1 with nothing else in the 2nd slot. Any other issues I should know about?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Another thing to keep in mind is how many folks are running these things with no complaints, cos nobody shows up to the forum to say "Oh my cart works great"....it's only when things go wrong.
I've actually chimed in several times about this cart. I've got mine in a MV1B, no hiccups at all. Anyone who doesn't own this needs to buy one now. First thing I thought to myself when I loaded it up.. 'wow why didn't I get this sooner.'

it doesn't get along with unibios however..

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
it doesn't get along with unibios however..

I don't have any problems with the unibios that I didn't have without it. For me it's a lot more convenient with the unibios cos it's so much easier to set up the dips with the splash screen reset, rather than having to open up the machine for each game.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
I've finally bought one after not being able to get a few titles as original carts - Pleasure Goal and Samurai Shodown V Special. Not going to spend £150 + on these carts!

Really impressed with the cart. I have noticed that the game run slightly faster in the games I've tried, such as Metal Slug and Aero Fighters 2. I haven't noticed it too much on the other games.

Also enjoying some of the Plus hacks such as SNK vs Capcom Plus where all the extra characters are already playable.

The only problem I have had so far is getting back to the main menu. I've pressed the player 1 start button for 5 seconds and nothing happens. Has anybody else had this problem? Thanks

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
The only problem I have had so far is getting back to the main menu. I've pressed the player 1 start button for 5 seconds and nothing happens. Has anybody else had this problem? Thanks

Only had that prob with an MVS converter. Try clearing backup ram?

I played Fatal Fury the other day and it seemed just as slow as usual.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
BIllkwando is in love with this thread...god damn it Bill! What about me?! What about me, damn it!?

mmmonkey

Quiz Detective
Just picked up one of these last week, it's amazing. Running it on a Consolised MV-1FZ with Unibios 3 and the only gripe I have is about some weird splash screen sound on a few games, will try restarting a few times later on to see if that clears it up. It's not exactly a big problem though.

I'll echo what's elsewhere though, wish you could filter out games. Not just the hacks, but there's some I don't fancy which ideally would be good to hide. Oh, and what order do they sort them in lol? It's still an awesome cart though :-)

Pete

DavidG

AAAAArghreadthefuckingthread.

I should also point out that Last Blade 2 doesn't work worth a crap on mine. Every time I start a match, it would reset when I'd start tapping A like a madmad for Hyo's move.

The reset issue on some games while using the multicart has been fixed with the new converter mod.The new mod should be ready soon.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
The reset issue on some games while using the multicart has been fixed with the new converter mod.The new mod should be ready soon.

In my case I'm referring to my MV1, unless you mean you fixed it so we can hold down start to change games on the converter.

mmmonkey

Quiz Detective
Aha, apologies, didn't see that particular post, I'd read the thread a while back before purchasing one and again before I posted, but obviously missed that, my bad. My memory is pretty good, but I can't remember every single post.

So is it confirmed that it's meant to be a crappy sounding splash screen sound by other members who have original carts and multicart? Or am I looking at the part that says to leave it to warm up first?

Ta
Pete

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Aha, apologies, didn't see that particular post, I'd read the thread a while back before purchasing one and again before I posted, but obviously missed that, my bad. My memory is pretty good, but I can't remember every single post.

So is it confirmed that it's meant to be a crappy sounding splash screen sound by other members who have original carts and multicart? Or am I looking at the part that says to leave it to warm up first?

Ta
Pete

I was confirming that Viewpoint sounds the same on homecart as the multicart.....but you could fire any of these games up in mame and see for yourself.

mmmonkey

Quiz Detective
crikey, what an odd decision to make the sound go like that. Cheers for the confirmation :-)

Pete

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
crikey, what an odd decision to make the sound go like that. Cheers for the confirmation :-)

Pete

Personally, I always liked it. It gives the 3rd party dev games personality.

Edit: Anybody wanna test LB2 and see if you get a one-way ticket to crashytown?

Last edited:

DavidG

On the Phantom-1 and Pranslation converters I have several games crashing or resetting. Strikers 1945 more times then not won't make it past the intro. When the new converter mods are added into place all the games that would crash or reset are now working fully. I have my multicart in many many pieces right now so I can't test but I will again soon.....if it lives that is.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Personally, I always liked it. It gives the 3rd party dev games personality.

Edit: Anybody wanna test LB2 and see if you get a one-way ticket to crashytown?

It runs fine in the 100-in-1. Guess the newer multicarts aren't necessarily better than the older ones.

DavidG

I have a first gen system upgraded to the point where it should be a full MVS unit. I took many of the add on boards off for the converter project but once thats done I will see why holding start to reset doesn't work. Then we can explore a possible fix.

mw13

n00b
Ok so to start im a total noob to this but im having the same issues with my 161-in-1. Constant resetting, I noticed it on Strikers 1945 especially. I'm using a mvs with the original MV1 board. i have no issues playing my original Metal Slug, Bust-a-Move , or Samauri Showdown carts. so im kinda confused as how to fix this. Is my Cart bad or what HHEELLLPPP im totally lost.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
Ok so to start im a total noob to this but im having the same issues with my 161-in-1. Constant resetting, I noticed it on Strikers 1945 especially. I'm using a mvs with the original MV1 board. i have no issues playing my original Metal Slug, Bust-a-Move , or Samauri Showdown carts. so im kinda confused as how to fix this. Is my Cart bad or what HHEELLLPPP im totally lost.

first read the whole thread and see that some people had issues and see if those fixes work for you if they don't then start by being more specific and describe the issue with the specific game you have the issue, just make sure to read the whole thread first and understand all! being specific is the key to solve problems!