Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
what if a new rev (let's say 1.7) comes out after the DC release?

l2yan00

Quiz Detective
First video of Gunlord 1.1

my vid.... thanks for the post and the game man! i also did an unboxing its on my channel. my channel has a lot of support and if you read the comments on both vids related to gunlord you will see alot of my friends got the dc version and one even baught the mvs from my vid :buttrock:

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
I've just tested Fast Striker and Gunlord on my japanese AES with the super converter 2. Stuck at the please wait screen with lots of green lines all over the screen. All my other MVS games works just fine. I'm using the stock bios.

If you really want to play MVS games in a proper way, I would suggest buying a CMVS. Both games works great on mine with unibios 3.

Hope this helps.

Yes, that helps, thank for checking it. I've never had any problems with Fast Striker with the converter, just Gun Lord. It looks like the new board design is whats making the difference here.

From what I've gathered from Timm, only the Phantom-1 (modded) and the Daedalus will work with the new cart and future carts.

The last thing I need to do before I decide what I'm doing with it is to test it on my MVS. Looks like I'll be digging out the garage to get to it this weekend. Maybe I'll finally do the battery swap while I'm at it.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
I wonder if any of you guys that have had the game for more time are still noticing things to fix after the 1.1 update. I really like the game as a whole and I am having lots of fun with it but, I seem to get fixated on some minor details like for example:
lack of how to play screen; no explosion sound from the character's planted bombs; certain sounds too dim like water splash immersions; main character turning all blue in the first stage even if half-immersed in water, exit arrows smaller than others, very small weapon upgrade icons, graphic tearing when there is a lot of action on the screen. I may be too annal but If they every release another update for Gun lord, maybe they could address some of the above.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Got my order in for an AES copy... So looking forward to it, loved me some Turrican (I & II) on the Amiga.

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Seriously, you have to go there? Don't buy it then. One of the game creators is in this thread. Don't be a bitch.
One of the dev is in the thread, blah blah
stop licking people's balls bro

Just trying to figure out if they re going to make a newer release or something, for me to be up to date, if the neo geo version which is upgradable will eventually surpass the original dc release or if they re going to leave it that way.
Is it a troll question or are you stupid?

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
It's like waiting for ever with this game to come out.....need it right now .....hope they get the aes release spot on without any issues..

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
One of the dev is in the thread, blah blah
stop licking people's balls bro

Just trying to figure out if they re going to make a newer release or something, for me to be up to date, if the neo geo version which is upgradable will eventually surpass the original dc release or if they re going to leave it that way.

I'm pretty sure they will do all updates before the NGH or DC Version comes out. This seems to be the reason why the release dates differ so much.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Fuck 'em. They can buy another one. Those that paid $600 should have some advantages.

This is true, however, $70 isn't chump change to many people (especially those of us married with kids). Nor is $600 when compared to others. I paid $70 for the DC LE Edition and I would expect a "finished" product. I do agree that those of you who went out for the cart version should receive additional liberties such as extended updates. As long as the DC version is acceptable, I'll be happy and will not concern myself with continual updates.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
my vid.... thanks for the post and the game man! i also did an unboxing its on my channel. my channel has a lot of support and if you read the comments on both vids related to gunlord you will see alot of my friends got the dc version and one even baught the mvs from my vid :buttrock:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-Judge-Dredd&p=3268406&highlight=#post3268406

(See post #14)

Are you sure that's your video? If so, exactly how many accounts have you been through here?

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Just finished the update. It's not something I hope to have to do again. It's a little nerve racking to open up such an expensive game. Anyways, it's done and it's awesome. I only went through it for about 10-15 minutes but you can feel that it's a more polished game. Good job NG: DEV!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
There's no access to the USB port from the outside? Hmmm, they might want to redesign the mold if that's the case. Some collectors are very anal and wouldn't want to ruin the label just to update the cart, if that's the case they would just leave it at v1.0.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
True. Anal or not, its an expensive game-investment. Before putting back the boards into the GL blue shells (same blue type that came with my 120 multi game) I just thought about the scratches... so I put the boards in two ugly looking shells I have. Now I don't care much about outside scratches or label ;)

pipes

There's no access to the USB port from the outside? Hmmm, they might want to redesign the mold if that's the case. Some collectors are very anal and wouldn't want to ruin the label just to update the cart, if that's the case they would just leave it at v1.0.

Yeah, it would be nice to have access to the USB port without having to remove the boards. The USB is located on the top of the board however, so that would interfere with the label if there was an opening in the shell. I'm sure they could situate it so the port is on the side though. Something for them to consider for their next release I hope.
If you're careful enough, there is no noticable bend in the label. You have to extract the boards like a surgeon though. Not fun.

Macaw

n00b
(There may be some minor spoilers here)

Got the game. The update makes it many times better due to the proper boss battles now, before you could kill a bunch of the bosses before they could practically do anything.

Stages have some cool moments, like the epic 1st stage with the music changing half way through to match the storm, and the 3rd stage that has 2 bosses.

The progression is rather interesting too, stages 1-3 (ignoring the 2nd stage shooting stage) have more of a metroid feel, where you have to explore a large alien environment and the stages are really long, but as the game continues it becomes more linear, and transitions from the alien ruins to more technology filled areas.

The biggest thing against the game is probably the fact it blows its load with the bosses too quickly. After stage 3 most of the big fancy bosses have already been seen, and you get 3 stages with no bosses at all, and another 2 stages with the same boss (two in the second encounter) thats just a sprite edit of the big green enemies. There is one other big boss not seen in the trailers though, along with the final boss.

Its also worth noting that Henk Nieborg is credited for graphics at the end, for those that don't know, he is the guy that did the graphics for the Amiga game Lionheart along with a whole bunch of other games since then. One of the better pixel artists around. From the looks of it he maybe worked on a couple of the Gunlord bosses and did some work on backgrounds, but thats just a guess.

l2yan00

Quiz Detective
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-Judge-Dredd&p=3268406&highlight=#post3268406

(See post #14)

Are you sure that's your video? If so, exactly how many accounts have you been through here?

im sure thats def my youtube account. l2yan00 is my 1 and ever only account on here, im a well respected member lol. you can ask many people around here. (chief, xian xi, christoph, bigtime, aderall, redmond, etc) that reference post must be associated with someone else.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I assume they will follow a similar pattern to their previous games, which I own. By the time the DC version comes out they will be more or less finished monkeying with the game. You are new to their releases I guess. Even if it were worth worrying about, you sound like you're bitching anyway.

The USB used to be on the inside, on the side on my Fast Striker 1.0. Sounds like that has changed to the top. Not only do you have to open it, but you have to have the boards in the system with it turned on during the update in order to power the chips.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
im sure thats def my youtube account. l2yan00 is my 1 and ever only account on here, im a well respected member lol. you can ask many people around here. (chief, xian xi, christoph, bigtime, aderall, redmond, etc) that reference post must be associated with someone else.

Maybe they are talking about that skull guy you bought stuff from?

pipes

The USB used to be on the inside, on the side on my Fast Striker 1.0. Sounds like that has changed to the top. Not only do you have to open it, but you have to have the boards in the system with it turned on during the update in order to power the chips.

Putting the boards in the slot without the shell is not a big deal really. It's taking the boards out of the shell without damaging the label that's a pain in the ass.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Putting the boards in the slot without the shell is not a big deal really. It's taking the boards out of the shell without damaging the label that's a pain in the ass.
Yeah, sounds like it. I'll be doing it soon myself. About to finally play mine in a couple weeks. I'll probably try it out a few times before updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.