Anybody jumping on the 3DS??

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Needs a price drop cuz it still uses friend codes...

Word life...

Anyways, I opened the AR Shop after finishing AR Fishing. With the ten pedo-coins I earned at work yesterday I bought Free AR Fishing, AR Archery 2, AR Shot 2 and the Fish Catalog. Original AR Fishing is limited to two minutes, but with Free AR Fishing unlocked it should be easier to collect all thirty-one fish; that in turn will presumably unlock something else.

How far does the rabbit hole go?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Word life...

Anyways, I opened the AR Shop after finishing AR Fishing. With the ten pedo-coins I earned at work yesterday I bought Free AR Fishing, AR Archery 2, AR Shot 2 and the Fish Catalog. Original AR Fishing is limited to two minutes, but with Free AR Fishing unlocked it should be easier to collect all thirty-one fish; that in turn will presumably unlock something else.

How far does the rabbit hole go?

Do I have to beat all the cards to unlock stuff?

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Do I have to beat all the cards to unlock stuff?

All of this revolves around the one AR card with the question marked box. So far AR Archery, AR Shot, Mii Pics, AR Picks...are open from this start. Completing AR Shot opens AR Fishing and AR Graph (or was it Graffiti?). Completing AR Fishing opens up the AR Shop, which allows you to access other AR game modes. IDCHAPPY mentioned an AR Quest earlier, but I don't know how that's unlocked yet.

Lots of fun, little things to find with this pack-in.

If you're refering to the AR cards with classic Nintendo characters, those do nothing more than create 3D images of that particular character that you can copy-paste onto existing photos you may have taken. There's nothing more to them that I'm aware of.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
this system has some seriously cool tech

way cooler than the waggle shit with the Wii even when that was new

i'm definitely much more impressed with this thing than i thought i would now that i've had the chance to use one

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Earned 10 coins in 5 minutes by shaking the device.

I'll keep it on me when the weather breaks.

Nah, I'll just shake it and earn coins.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Now it's only 10 coins per day, but if you walk more, do they add up the leftover steps and give you the coins the following day?

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Is that 2 days though?

None were added the next day?
No, there is no carry over. Your pedometer will only generate 10 coins a day and only from steps taken that day. I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in the manual somewhere, and they mentioned it in one of the five and fifty notices they felt compelled to give you when you went throught the various menus the first time.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I got the Cosmo Black with SSFIV: 3D, Pilotwing Resort, and Steel Diver. I'm loving the crap out of SSFIV. The "over the shoulder" 3D effect is pretty bad ass and I love using the "Lite" mode to pull off moves I couldn't do normally. I played Steel Diver last night, and I'm pretty "meh" about it. The 3D effects are not terribly noticeable, and the game just seems kinda boring to me. Don't know why some many reviewers call it a "must buy". I haven't played Pilotwings Resort yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it out tonight. If anyone wants to add me, my code is in my sig.