Official Neo Geo High Score Thread - Top Ranked Players Only

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
All the scores here are neo original games on original hardware.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
i could probably / have probably done better
than loads of scores posted on page 1
but i can't be arsed to post about it

this is an exception

paloy.jpg

it is a pretty huge result (breaking the 1M barrier and all)

hello bbh :D

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Is that from an emulator? If it is you need to post a video from start to finish for it to count. It's in the rules.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
i know i know :rolleyes:

and,yes,emulator

lol at posting a 30 mins video

could upload the .inp file somewhere but good luck finding the appropriate mame version and all

btw,the .inp file is the "final proof" if you ask me

more than a shot from a cab or tv

one could play on level 1 or 8 and the change settings back to level 4 blah blah

i don't think people here lie about scores eh but,again,just fyi

inp file > pics

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I didn't make the rules, sorry.

If the others don't mind then that's up to them.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
hello bbh :D

inp?

and yeah I always felt really conflicted about this when TonK initially passed the reins of this thread over to me, because if it's a WolfMAME inp then it's perfectly legal in my eyes, and actually does more to legitimatize itself as being valid than some random pic where somebody could have turned on 99 lives and you'd never know.

but hey, what do I know right

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
yeah, a Mame inp file is just as legit as a video. Don't see why they shouldn't be allowed. It's better than a photo.

I'd like to think that everyone is being honest with their scores, considering the time and effort that people are putting into these games.

BBH - your Spinmaster score can kiss my ass. I can't figure out how to break 600k :lolz:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
inp?

and yeah I always felt really conflicted about this when TonK initially passed the reins of this thread over to me, because if it's a WolfMAME inp then it's perfectly legal in my eyes, and actually does more to legitimatize itself as being valid than some random pic where somebody could have turned on 99 lives and you'd never know.

but hey, what do I know right

yeah, a Mame inp file is just as legit as a video. Don't see why they shouldn't be allowed. It's better than a photo.

I'd like to think that everyone is being honest with their scores, considering the time and effort that people are putting into these games.

BBH - your Spinmaster score can kiss my ass. I can't figure out how to break 600k :lolz:

So yes? no? Do I count it?

Gemant

Member,
I agree with wolfmame replay and video from cabinet. Photo is a poor proof because if you want you can play with more lives, high difficult (level 8 = more points) etc.

However, I suggest you:

- use always DEFAULT difficult for all hi-score;

- use a 2 different classifications for neo geo games in case of settings difference:
Japanese and "world" version (because some games have important differences in score system. Exemple: ninja commando, prehistoric isle 2, ASO II, Strikers 1945 Plus...)

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I agree with wolfmame replay and video from cabinet. Photo is a poor proof because if you want you can play with more lives, high difficult (level 8 = more points) etc.

Most of us who play on an actual MVS cab don't have the time or patience to record a video of every game we play with the hopes one of them being a high score. I'm not usually consistent enough to get it in one try. I play games for fun. After the 1cc thread, I'm done recording for a while if I can help it. Too stressful :)

Gemant

Member,
possibile solution is play in MVS cabinet and when you have a 1cc or a good score, you can try in some days to record a wolfmame replay. In this case, you play 95% of time on real machine and only 5% (if you have lucky of course) in wolfmame.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
That's a good way to do it, better than setting up a video camera every time.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
possibile solution is play in MVS cabinet and when you have a 1cc or a good score, you can try in some days to record a wolfmame replay. In this case, you play 95% of time on real machine and only 5% (if you have lucky of course) in wolfmame.
Except then you'll have a video of an emulated game, and most official high score lists won't count it. Why are you trying to bring emulation into this equation at all?

Gemant

Member,
From 5 years, italians players play with wolfmame replay (even if many have original neo geo or cabinet + PCB boards). Video is necessary for a hi-score and a photo it's not a true proof.

wolfmame emulation replay is comfortable because you can recorded correctly and inp take up little space.

"official high score list" ?

About NG games there are only 3 "official" hi-score list ("official" mean that is verifiable):

- Gamest / Arcadia japanese hi-score [on original machine] (often there is a tape on VHS/DVD), however if tape is missing the hi-score are confirmed from the game center manager;
- Marp with mame replay;
- Italian records list with mame replay or recording from cabinet in home (except for very old score, anyway many players want to improve them and deleted old score without proove).

Last edited:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Do Japanese players seriously consider scores achieved through emulation equal to scores done on real hardware? (scores between the two are tracked on the same leaderboards)

Last edited:

Gemant

Member,
Japanese players (on Arcadia magazine) not consider scores archievied on emulation. But in Japan there are still billions of game center and you can find whatever game. Moreover, all games are setting with default options (always) and there is a serious check for each score.

In Italy, for exemple, game center are died 10 years ago and the few real machine working have ridiculous settings (usually difficulty level 8, little time etc.) and there aren't check.

However, these are only suggests, not impositions.

For neo geo games with different score system, please open 2 score-list

Last edited:

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
they are not getting it

guys :
i am pretty sure i own more "real" neo geo games than most of you
so you're missing the point if you want to turn this into emulation vs real hardware

it's just waaaaay easier for me to record something using mame
and,like i already said,an inp file cannot be altered in any way

so you can be 100 % sure that my 1M nam score is legit (just to name one)
the same cannot be said about random pic from a cab / tv

you don't want to understand / acknowledge this ? well,fine

this is supposed to be then high score thread,yeah ?
and i see stuff like ryuuko 2 - 750000 or something like that
my personal best score is 1.8 M

i have ignored this thread for all these years
couldn't be arsed
so it's no big deal if my scores won't be accepted

but that would be an act of supreme stupidity

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
All I know is what I learned from watching The King of Kong, and that's not much. Emulation shouldn't count.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Nothing against Mame, but the thought of firing up Mame to play Neo seems ridiculous when I have a nice cab and almost every MVS game I want to play.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
it's just waaaaay easier for me to record something using mame
and,like i already said,an inp file cannot be altered in any way

What romset did you use for that score?

Gemant

Member,
What romset did you use for that score?

Fran use wolfmame 0.106 with japanese bios (japan mvs 3) for neo geo games.

All default settings.

All these replays are gather up in a document of 300 games (neo geo games and others)

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
they are not getting it

guys :
i am pretty sure i own more "real" neo geo games than most of you
This forum cracks me up. Owning more games = more knowledgeable. Classic.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
This forum cracks me up. Owning more games = more knowledgeable. Classic.

here's another genius - you can't read,can you ?

some people don't want to accept scores obtained through emulation

it's sort of a "war" between using real hardware or emulating it

so i just said : it's better and easier to record using mame but i do own those games

that's all

and,yes,i am the best neo geo player / conosseur (sp?) on this site

does it bother you ?