Official Neo Geo High Score Thread - Top Ranked Players Only

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
wow, you beat djdelly's score by almost 1 million.

EK1

n00b
And if you want to be really technical I beat Chief's score by 20.7 million.;)

129_2912.jpg

I also have a Gururin score which I'm sure is beatable but it's the best I can do...
129_2911.jpg

Last edited:

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,

129_2912.jpg

I also have a Gururin score which I'm sure is beatable but it's the best I can do...
129_2911.jpg

And......if you want to get really, REALLY, technical your score is not valid,
since you used Level-6.

Thanks for playing

Also since all the overscan is captured on your monitor, I am curious on
what type of Neo setup you used.

EK1

n00b
Default MVS difficultly for Bust-A-Move is level 6.

I'm using an MV2F hooked up to my TV.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
They agreed to play all games at Level-4 earlier in this thread. Thats why I am
guessing The Chief set his down.

Edit: and djdelly also

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

129_2912.jpg

129_2911.jpg

I posted your Gururin but not the BAM. Try it at level 4 and resubmit.

EK1

n00b
That's a bummer. I thought the consensus around here was to play on default settings. I hold the BAM high score at a local diner and theirs is at level 6. If you play BAM in home console mode and select MVS difficulty you'll be playing at level 6 speed (although you won't see it displayed). If you play it in home console mode and select NORMAL difficulty then it's at level 4 speed. By speed I mean the number of bubbles you can shoot before your screen drops a level. Anyway, for BAM I'm gonna stick with level 6, I've gotta stay properly conditioned for real arcade play...

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
That's one hell of a high score EK1, nice work. The most points I've ever had in one round was a little over a million but those rounds were few and far between, pretty much instant victories resulting in the under 5 second completion bonus(50,000) and 1.1 million or so from the combo. I'm wondering what I've missed. If on the levels that can be completed instantly you were to fill most of the usable space with bubbles and then drop it would I get a shit load more points?

EK1

n00b
Hey Chief, sorry that I posted a Bust-A-Move score so soon after you did. I meant to submit those scores several days ago but I never got around to it, so the timing was totally coincidental!

Yeah, if you’re going for a BAM high score you should understand the scoring system. When you pop a group of 3 of the same color bubbles you get a measly 30 points, but the clearing of extra bubbles that are attached to what you pop is the key. The first extra bubble you clear is only worth 20 points, but each additional bubble you clear doubles that score, so 2 extra bubbles = 40 points, 3 = 80 points, 4 = 160 points, and so on until you reach 17 bubbles which gives you 1,310,720 points. 17 is the max, so any number of bubbles higher than that will still give you 1,310,720. Rounds 9 & 13 set up a 17+ combo for you, but on other rounds you have to create the combos yourself. Occasionally you can do this 2 or 3 times in a single round.

Another tip is that you should never rush yourself. There IS a time limit for shooting each individual bubble, but the screen will drop down a level based on number of bubbles shot (and how many colors are remaining), not on time. The bonus points you get from a quick completion are far inferior to what you get from a large combo, so the time bonus really isn’t worth going after. Better to take your time and carefully aim your shots.

Chief, using the 17 bubble combo technique, try getting 1.3 mil on round 1, 1.3 mil on round 2, and 2.6 mil on round 3. Then you will have beaten your own high score after just three rounds. You're obviously good if you’ve completed all 30 rounds on 1 credit, so this shouldn’t be so tough…

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Hey, thanks a lot for taking the time to explain that. I had a feeling it had something to do with dropping large clusters. Rounds 8 and 16 suck, I always manage to barely pass them. You should take a run at Level-4 sometime and throw a score up, it will no doubt be much higher than my current score. I'll give it another try with that in mind and see how I make out.

boss0033

Kula's Candy
Turf Masters!

This was my best chance to get a -20. The wind was nice to me on most of the par 5's. I actually had a chance at an eagle on the last par 5 which is super long. I was 312 yds. from the pin on shot 2 and had the wind. I tried to go for it but a just clipped a tree and only drove like 270. I fucking had a -14 after 11 as you can see, thats pretty sick! I actually could have shot like a -22 if I didn't blow a few late holes including an easy tap in put (fucking nerves). Have shot a few -19's, but never got a pic. Oh well, -18 is prety solid! I will shoot at least -20 in the next few weeks since I am now addicted to this game.

Boss

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh335/boss0033/NeoTurfMasters001.jpg

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh335/boss0033/NeoTurfMasters002.jpg

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh335/boss0033/NeoTurfMasters003.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Holy shit dude. A -20, the best I ever got was a -6 and it wasn't easy.

Updated.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Savage Reign:
DSC02584.jpg

Really weak score here, just posting something up to get things started. The fourth stage kept kicking my ass:emb:

Kabuki Klash:

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Updated.

Top 3 are now:

BBH - 8
Bustedstr8 - 7
The Chief - 6

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Had a nice late night session, here are the results.

Kabuki Klash
DSC02593.jpg

Managed to up my score a little.

Windjammers
Pretty weak score as I use to be able to 1cc this no problem. Tonight I only managed to get to the fourth stage.

Alpha Mission II
DSC02614.jpg

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Done, good job Drew.

I think I'm gonna post some as well to fill the gaps.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Hey, thanks James. Hopefully I have some time to game out tomorrow, I'd like to take a run at a few more of the open games.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Zed Blade

1484320 - Ms Charlotte - 3Way - Homing - Twin.

I've done over 2 million before, but I'm rusty. Give me a week or two :emb:

zedblade.jpg