the neo store

• Thread starter DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL
  • Start date
D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

want to know how most of the home carts go up in price???
many on this bbs look to the neo store or chart when sellin there games off for reference..
i mean right now shawn has a jap mark of the fkn wolves for $729.00
...and the u.s mark of the wolves for over $800.00 mother fkn dollars....
well god damn if they are worth that much now i think ill sell my 2 u.s motw home carts!!!!!

look at some of the prices on those carts..you all whine about ngf?
this is just the same shit..
this is how cart prices escalate to overblown bullshit amounts....

[This message has been edited by DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL (edited April 22, 2001).]

Todd

Galford's Armourer
No offense but you seem to forget that if you think those prices are insane dont buy them. how do you think Shawn keeps these boards up? He's got to spend money to keep them running and i dont see you putting your cash up to keep these boards going. Shawn has those prices so he can have these boards without having to ask his members for a fee. hell i wouldnt pay those prices but if you dont agree with that dont pay for that!!!

------------------
29419128.gif

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

heheheh your one of those smart assed bitches huh toddy boy?
ill bet you dont even own a cart...

all im sayin you moron ,is this is how prices escalate into enormous amounts...
wipe that shit off your nose son..
dumb fuck.

[This message has been edited by DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL (edited April 22, 2001).]

dragynchylde

Cheng's Errand Boy
I don't suppose you guys have heard of the laws of supply and demand have you? If someone wants to pay that price why shouldn't someone sell it for that price? I wouldn't pay $1200 for metal slug but if I had one and someone would pay that much I sure as hell wouldn't tell them I'd sell for less. Shawns got to make a living like the rest of us. I can hardly wait for the witty retorts. Lets see if anyone can surprise me with their razor sharp put downs.Hell I bet no-one can come up with anything that doesn't involve swearing like a sailor.

This should be good.

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just remember "Not everything that can be sale; sells, and not everything that sells is worth the sale".

I won't pay those price for them and you shouldn't either and watch the price drop. I will not pay $1,000+ for a Kizuna game, especially when League Bowling is more fun.

-Pichai

S

Silent_Scope

I do understand the Law of Supply and Demand.
But if you are doing the same thing as Dion then don't complains about NGF rip you off.
Just like you call someone stealing while you steal, make sense?
You can can it's his store and he needs money to run the web and some excuses. To me, prices are ridiculous........

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Goemon and Yae to stand a chance"
fetch.dll

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Well, the story is the same however. If you dont buy, the item dosent sell.

This means if no one buys MoTW for $800, it will sit there. The thing is, people do buy. Havent you seen Shawn sell Ninja Master's and Kizuna's for $1200, $1100 or whatever? And besides, the current market price for MoTW is $600 (if you're lucky). Most people ask $650 and above, besides, Shawn's store has always been more expensive than "average" price cause most people tend to depend on his quality.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
There are some people who will spend $1,000 on Kizuna Encounter, but something tells me that Shawn's cartridges don't fly off the shelf either.

------------------
rbsterry.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Todd:
No offense but you seem to forget that if you think those prices are insane dont buy them. how do you think Shawn keeps these boards up? He's got to spend money to keep them running and i dont see you putting your cash up to keep these boards going. Shawn has those prices so he can have these boards without having to ask his members for a fee. hell i wouldnt pay those prices but if you dont agree with that dont pay for that!!!

Are you new to this board, Todd? Shawn is a very rich man and he doesn't really need that store to keep this server afloat.

------------------
rbsterry.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

Todd

Galford's Armourer
Umm no im not new to these boards. In fact im one of the first people on these boards. Pretty much i (in my drunken state last night) threw in the boards as a bad example. What i was really trying to say is that if you dont agree with the prices dont buy them! If no one buys the games then the prices will come down. these boards you get attacked instantly!!

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited April 22, 2001).]

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dragynchylde:
I don't suppose you guys have heard of the laws of supply and demand have you? If someone wants to pay that price why shouldn't someone sell it for that price? I wouldn't pay $1200 for metal slug but if I had one and someone would pay that much I sure as hell wouldn't tell them I'd sell for less. Shawns got to make a living like the rest of us. I can hardly wait for the witty retorts. Lets see if anyone can surprise me with their razor sharp put downs.Hell I bet no-one can come up with anything that doesn't involve swearing like a sailor.

This should be good.

supply and demand?
how about more like an insult to ones intelligence.
i remember awhile back ninja masters was selling for $500.00,which is what i sold my cart for.
after a few weeks i noticed shawn was selling the same cart for over a grand.now all of the sudden the ninja masters price is a firm g..
you all bitch and moan about dion,but wheather you like it or not,the prices mr shawn decides on do reflect on what the current value of a cart will escalate too...seeing that this is the only neo bbs at the time,people automatically assume,"hey the carts worth this much now,blah,blah,blah".
and thus up goes the price.
$800.00 now for motw? when a jap was at $600.00 a few months ago?
how about this.
the law of power and greed?
im not sayin i wouldnt be happy to get 8 for my 2.
but this is why the current prices of neo carts sky rocket.
because of greed,and "im the neo community attitude". "i say the price is this!".

the same behavior as ngf,only wrapped in a different package
someone once told me.
"good cop,bad cop"

sad......

and one more thing..
dont like my foul mouth.
tough FUCK!!!
take your nose out that ass..

C

Caris Nautilus

People can charge as much as they want for a game. As long as their are the dumb and gullible around to pay the price, it will always be like this.

I check shawns store from time to time, and he seems to always have alot of the same games there, so he's not exactley selling out games left and right, it's just like an import store here, they over charge everything thats an import, ive been going there for about 2 years now, and they still have the same damn 90 dollar super famicom games sitting on the shelf they did 2 years ago. If he wants to wait for the person to come along and pay the outragious prices, let him.

All the smart people should not buy them, and get them cheaper else where, were we all know they can be gotten.

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited April 22, 2001).]

robertdc

Quiz Detective

I don't know Shawn, but even if he is a very rich man as Neolord says and doesn't need the money to keep this site going- he still is a business man. Of course he's not going to do this for free. He has a store and as anyone would do- he's going to try to make a profit- pure and simple. That doesn't make him a bad man by any means- he's just doing what anyone else would do. As far as the prices of some of the home carts- yeah some of them are ridiculous. You ask yourself why people convert some carts or pirate games- well the answer is not everyone can afford or are willing to pay for the outlandish prices for some of the titles.

When the system was first released back in the early 90's when I was still in college- I wanted the system but frankly could not afford it nor would my well-to-do parents even consider the posibility of spending $650 for the basic package alone, now years later I have no problem affording the system but I still think to myself $700 for cartridge- that's insane. Just like baseball cards, this system has clearly priced the great majority of gaming fans out of the market.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
ORIGINALY POSTED BY BALLER99:
"shawn is just as responsible for neo cart prices going up as Dion is.
Peter"

Could not have said it better my self!
all of the people on this thread who posted against shawns prices have totaly valid points!(however, DSD, Shawn charges $825 now for A mint MOTW instead of $800 because <WINK, WINK> "his service, reliability, honesty, and speed are worth that price"
well if that isn't the biggest bunch of bullshit I have ever heard! I think that Shawn is one of the best neo sellers around.but there are A few big down sides to this whole issue.

1)we are paying these prices because MR. Shawn Mc Cleskey(I think thats how you spell it) does not have A job!
thats right, since shawn wants to be An entrepeneur so badly and not have to suffer the consequences of being A 9 to 5 average joe is absolutely fine, and I wish him luck. but that does not mean we have to tolerate being ripped off on neo games.

2) now that shawns store is official his prices hold more water.

AAHHH yes my neo friends, watch as all the cheap under handed fuckers raise their prices (BUYRITE comes to mind)as shawn raises his. dont be surprised if buyrite will raise the price of another game and instead of listing the new price just put "call" so that you dont even think the price went up.
you see, if you called biy rite about two months ago you could ask for MOTW for $600
instead of thier ludicris $1000, and why you might ask, well because NGF actualy had them and was selling them without the NGF stickers on them(they did not have the stickers made at that time)hell, I had the chance to pick up A copy and i didnt. now you see, that penis over at buy rite(the owner that has the voice of one of those annoying guys on the home shopping network)would tell you "OH,well NGF and neo-geo.com are not official and established businesses like me, so I cant honor that price" then you might here him say"to be truly established and official you must take it up the ass the way I do" HAH, just kidding on that last part, couldnt resist.
however, now that shawn is an astablished business who pays taxes,watch that mook over at buy rite justify his outlandish price by giving you the line" oh, well other BUSINESSES like neostore.com charge just as much for this game and it sells" ,"I mean thats why I must charge $1300 for it and shipp it without any packaging, what the hell I will just slap A shipping sticker on the cart and send it out like that" (again I could not help dissing this guy one more time)

to put it simply, dont be surprised when you see this hapening alot in the neo scene. these people do not care about ebay prices, other neo retailers, or sellers until it benefits THEM, not you, THEM! if 20 brand new U.S. copies of MOTW went on Ebay for only $600 and lets say 5 copies were not even bid on at all. all the neo sellers(Shawn included) would try and put it off and give that famous line" Ebay prices do not truly reflect the price of A home cart" which is PARTLY true, but hell, if A new copy of nam 75 went for $175 on Ebay you better be ready to empty your wallet when you find A copy at the neo store because now that auction makes this "A much mare rare and desired cart by collectors and gamers alike" yeah well I smell some thing, does any body else know what it is. OH YEAH, its BULLSHIT!
when some thing does benniffit the customer sellers will try to avoid it like the plague and get around it no matter what.
lastly. the sooner these people can make the home cart market A "COLECTORS" market more than one for gamers, the better(in thier eyes at least) because it means more money for them!
and this will not end with the home cart side of it either. they will try to make it this way by jacking up the prices of all neo cd's and pocket games as well as the mvs because they want it to be collectors only,so they can fill thier greedy little pockets, while the gamers sit and watch.

[This message has been edited by ORPHEUS (edited April 22, 2001).]

Shawn

snkusa.com
There are many people who would love to see neo-geo.com go down. For instance, if DSD could have his way, we would all be over at his sponsor’s site instead of here. I have accepted the fact that I cannot please everyone, that is impossible. Even if I were a Saint who never sinned and never made mistakes, I would still have enemies. I am disappointed that my efforts receive a steady flow of criticism, but this is expected when you allow free speech.

Most items on the neo store are sold at a higher price than I originally purchased, except for the unreleased games, which I just want to get rid of. However, if the prices of a select few items of the neo store are the only personal attacks I receive, then my efforts must be exceptional and I have no room to complain.

S

Silent_Scope

I don't know what to say, Shawn. But you still avoid the main point people have brought up with.

Your statement is just a little bit similar to Bill Client's one.........never get the main point.....
biggrin.gif

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
fetch.dll

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

im sponsored by only one force and its not human..

all im sayin is it seems to become a trend.
price wise.monkey see,monkey do.

although a 200 profit off a single cart does sound quite good doesnt it?

i have 2 u.s garous,and at release i think i paid close to $350.00.
this cart is gaining loot faster than ninja masters....

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Hold them for two more months and you could put your kids through college. almost forgot..........

------------------
View

"The mastermind behind TTF"

If you don't like the prices, don't buy the merchandise. It's fairly simple... The carts are priced too high for you, so let the folks who feel differently buy them. Value is subjective, and with hard to find items this is what happens. You can only judge that value of an item for yourself. If others are willing to pay more than you are then prices will increase. This is especially true for a cart like MOTW since there are lots of people who think it's a great game, but relatively few copies floating around.

Why would Shawn care if items don't fly off the shelves? It's not like he has an unlimited supply of merchandise for restock purposes.

B

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
My previous post wasn't about the high prices that Shawn charges in his store
-- it was about Todd's post, which read:

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Originally posted by Todd:
No offense but you seem to forget that if you think those prices are insane don't buy
them. how do you think Shawn keeps these boards up?

I was just politely telling Todd that the NeoStore wasn't created to fund this board.
Based on the transactions that Shawn has made over the past year (especially the
ones with NGF), it seems obvious to me that Shawn has the financial prowess to fund this
board without the aid of a secondary business venture like the NeoStore.

------------------
rbsterry.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited April 22, 2001).]

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brentsg:
If you don't like the prices, don't buy the merchandise. It's fairly simple... The carts are priced too high for you, so let the folks who feel differently buy them. Value is subjective, and with hard to find items this is what happens. You can only judge that value of an item for yourself. If others are willing to pay more than you are then prices will increase. This is especially true for a cart like MOTW since there are lots of people who think it's a great game, but relatively few copies floating around.

Why would Shawn care if items don't fly off the shelves? It's not like he has an unlimited supply of merchandise for restock purposes.

B

what is it with people in the world today?
yes i realize that the majority of humanity are mere morons.
yet some can not even grasp the true meaning behind something as simple as this thread.
or what im actually talking about in it.
hello!!!!mcfly!!smack!!!
we are talking about influenceing the market.
fuck!!!!.....

S

Silent_Scope

hahahahah.......don't get mad
That's the human being, my friend.
Anyway, I don't think we'll get answers we want but just some recycling words over and over.
Expect to pay over $1000 for Nam-75 if people start jackup the price........hehehe

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
fetch.dll

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Its not really about what you want to hear or influencing the market, because it all comes back to ONE point, if people WONT pay the price, the carts WONT sell. If people pay, then they will. If I decide to open a Neo store and set my price for Burning Fight to be $750 it wont sell, because people wont pay that much, no matter how much I am "influcencing" the market.

It works the same was as eBay... if people wouldnt bid on some items to the ammount they do, we wouldnt have such high priced items. Supply and demand, I'm sorry but it ALL comes down to that.