Who are the best online Japanese Neo Geo sellers on Ebay?

clubberlang

Zero's Secretary
I wanted to hear some of your opinions and experiences on which Japanese sellers on Ebay to buy authentic Neo Geo Aes games from? I see a lot of them on there like Hit Japan and other sellers.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
My advice is to avoid any high value cart on ebay unless you are 100% sure the seller is selling legit copies of the games.

Low priced carts are ok though. They are too cheap for bootleggers to bother.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Strangely enough, a lot of the high price cart sellers don't even have the item in hand. That's why they use stock photos and don't respond when you ask for photos. On top of that, who knows how many stores now have bootleg carts and don't know or won't show.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
I think anything under $500 wouldn't be too risky.

Say KOF 94-2001 would be ok with ebay.

I would consider the Neostore, but Shawn charges an arm and a leg for shipping to Australia.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Not an ebay store but I think Skywaypro is alright.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
It's a crap shoot, no matter how you slice it. Doesn't matter if the vendor is Japanese, a US seller, or whatever, you will always run the risk of buying a counterfeit with high value carts. Neostore is great if you're willing to cough up the extra $$$. Paypal is your best friend since you can file a claim if you wind up with a fake.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
OP must be trolling... lol.gif

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
If OP is serious, Skywardpro is solid. I've bought a few games from him. He doesn't have good photos online, but if you email him, he will send you pictures (video game pictures... because it's NG.com I thought I'd need to stress that lol). Hit-Japan is where I purchase my loose gamer carts 6from. I like having English AES CIB's, but having a loose cart makes me not feel concerned by opening and closing an AES soft style for example in fear of ripping the GD insert. I've never had an issue with Hit-Japan, to be honest they have the best shipping I've seen from Japan in a long time, or maybe I'm just fucking lucky.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
If OP is serious, Skywardpro is solid. I've bought a few games from him. He doesn't have good photos online, but if you email him, he will send you pictures (video game pictures... because it's NG.com I thought I'd need to stress that lol). Hit-Japan is where I purchase my loose gamer carts 6from. I like having English AES CIB's, but having a loose cart makes me not feel concerned by opening and closing an AES soft style for example in fear of ripping the GD insert. I've never had an issue with Hit-Japan, to be honest they have the best shipping I've seen from Japan in a long time, or maybe I'm just fucking lucky.

I refuse to buy from Hit anymore, his prices used to be good but then starting to rise quickly when he saw what he could flip for. I called him out on a boxed Neocd he had for sale for 700 plus shipping. He bought it off of YAJ for 90 bucks. Even used the pics from the YAJ auction for his auction. Scumbag.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I refuse to buy from Hit anymore, his prices used to be good but then starting to rise quickly when he saw what he could flip for. I called him out on a boxed Neocd he had for sale for 700 plus shipping. He bought it off of YAJ for 90 bucks. Even used the pics from the YAJ auction for his auction. Scumbag.

That's shitty, I always negotiate with the dude, I refuse to pay exactly what he lists items for. A good negotiation is never bad, if I don't get the game or item, then I really didn't need it. I also like Gamedoctorhk.com. I use them for AC Adapters, cables or CD lens for most games.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
HJ is good when he either has sales or you make offers. Things sit long enough and you can get a good deal. I've always found the ratings on condition to be more than fair across all platforms. CD lenses can be had for much cheaper than what Gamedoctor charges. He will put a fancy sticker on a box and mark it up 300%. They all come from the same Chinese manufacturer.

clubberlang

Zero's Secretary
Thanks for the helpful advice. I was thinking about picking up some cheaper cib carts from some of the Japanese retailers. I wouldn't buy any high dollar game from Ebay, only from the Neo store or from the boards here. I want a Euro or U.S. Ninja Commando, but $1000 for that game? Crazy!!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
There are no good Japanese eBay stores now. Absolutely none.

You might occasionally find a deal from a private seller or very small business, but chances are slim.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
If OP is serious, Skywardpro is solid. I've bought a few games from him. He doesn't have good photos online, but if you email him, he will send you pictures (video game pictures... because it's NG.com I thought I'd need to stress that lol).

Are we talking about Skywaypro? If so, he is a member here and he is from Hong Kong, China (not Japan). And yes, he is solid.

Same as Kid Panda, I refused to buy from Hit-Japan now. I would rather buy from forum members than Ebay.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I used Hit several times for low dollar common sfc and fc, never had an issue but like others said some items are high priced, just don't buy those items :-)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
My brother...

xROTx

PS. Family is cool... especially when they live in Japan...

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
They aren't that bad, in most cases they negotiate pretty well with me. Fuck paying full price.

I used to buy from him for almost anything but not anymore.
Another eBay seller pisses me off is yjjyhgfju
I bought many games from him and they were "mint", even though his item description always says "acceptable"
Later on he didn't send me games for three times and that's because he did not have those in stock. I got refunds back and complained to him, then he blocked me. So I don't use him ever since.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I've seen so many loose AES carts on eBay nowadays and I just worry if those are Aliexpress boots....................

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
They aren't that bad, in most cases they negotiate pretty well with me. Fuck paying full price.

Exactly. HitJapan is ok. You got to haggle on the prices though. I am pissed off that they have been gouging their Neo prices tho'.