Cardfighters Clash DS

K-J N.

New Challenger
From 1up.com

"Wandering around Tokyo Game Show, 1UP discovered SNK has announced plans for SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS. Can you honestly think of a better platform for the game to land on?"

Alex Neuco

Quiz Detective
I never played the NGPC version, but this does seem kinda interesting. I doubt I'll buy a $130 portable just for this game though. I'm still trying to figure out how to get MAME running on my PSP. :make_fac:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
I guess it's "easier" to fuck up a fighting game or a Metal Slug than a turn-based game, but you never know with Playmore... Maybe they'll get this one right.

This is the first reason I see to buy a DS, personally.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Quality. Loved the original.

You are missing out on a lot of excellent games then... You should try Advance Wars DS. I have logged over 110 hours on that so far.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
hanafudaX said:
You are missing out on a lot of excellent games then... You should try Advance Wars DS. I have logged over 110 hours on that so far.
Maybe so. I didn't even get to try the GBA versions...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:
I guess it's "easier" to fuck up a fighting game or a Metal Slug than a turn-based game, but you never know with Playmore... Maybe they'll get this one right.

You gotta be kidding me, all those DS games out and you think a port of a shitty game like CFC is gonna help.

I'd prefer it if SNKP kept as far away from DS as possible really.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Nice, I've never played CFC and was consediring getting it for my dusty NGPC after I had a lot of fun with MGA on PSP. Now I'll just buy this game for DS, I'm getting one next month. I hope it appears in English.

So many acronyms in my post :kekeke:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
kernow said:
You gotta be kidding me, all those DS games out and you think a port of a shitty game like CFC is gonna help.
Yet another ignorant statement from you... Can't keep count. CFC, shitty ? Riiight...
And who said it was gonna be a "port" ? It's a new game.

hanafuda

Have you actually played the original?

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
hanafudaX said:
Have you actually played the original?
Why bother asking ? He's been bashing SS5 and SS5S on numerous occasions, yet admitted he didn't play either.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
yes I played CFC

WOW CARD TRADING with fighting game chars .. ZZZZZ DULL

I'd rather play PSOV3 and thats saying something.

its just gonna be the NGPC one with a touch screen interface and better graphics, and the gay-ass playmore characters 'shoe-horned' in too.. wow.. I cannot wait.

after all, you said this yourself

"guess it's "easier" to fuck up a fighting game or a Metal Slug than a turn-based game, but you never know with Playmore... Maybe they'll get this one right."

well, no, a CFC card based game is just easier to make, and Playmore not being very talented a software team would take the easy route out and make a shitty card trading game for ds instead of something that took time and money, its not 'easier to fuck up a fighting game or a metal slug' , NO , its just harder to make a good one, something Playmore have trouble with as everyone knows.

any retard could pull a card fighting game out, its just one step above a homebrew effort, notice the lack of 3D? yeah, thats because they'll make it a two screened GBA game using the 2d tilemode features, add stylus input and they're done! I mean you muppets would buy it regardless anyway.

:chump:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
kernow said:
well, no, a CFC card based game is just easier to make, and Playmore not being very talented a software team would take the easy route out and make a shitty card trading game for ds instead of something that took time and money, its not 'easier to fuck up a fighting game or a metal slug' , NO , its just harder to make a good one, something Playmore have trouble with as everyone knows.
You're just repeating what I said, wording it differently. Whatever, I guess it just makes you happy to say "NO".

kernow said:
any retard could pull a card fighting game out, its just one step above a homebrew effort, notice the lack of 3D? yeah, thats because they'll make it a two screened GBA game using the 2d tilemode features, add stylus input and they're done! I mean you muppets would buy it regardless anyway.
Oh no !! There's no 3D !... :rolleyes:
You get 2 things totally mixed up here. How hard it is to make a game for a company, and how the enjoyable the game is for players in the end.
The longer and the harder a company works on a game does NOT obviously mean the game will be good in the end no matter what. Some very simple games are great fun too, like Bomberman.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
It makes sense that CFC may be made for a new system, especially if the original did well... and from what I could gather around here, the game was one of the more popular ones for the short lived NGPC. There's always going to be a few people who don't like slow paced, RPG style games. But that doesn't mean that they shouldn't consider them at all.

I owned a NGPC for quite some time and just landed CFC - The Capcom & SNK editions on cart for a severely low price. After about 5-10 minutes with one of them, I can see why some people would like this game. Hell, if they can do a new Yu-Gi-Oh card game every 2-3 weeks, why not CFC?

hanafuda

Why bother asking ? He's been bashing SS5 and SS5S on numerous occasions, yet admitted he didn't play either.

Thanks for the heads up.

As for CFC being a slow RPG type game, I disagree. Nothing slow about it really. It has been a few years since I played it, but 90% of the game is spent having card battles, and the other 10% is walking around finding opponenets to battle.

WOW CARD TRADING with fighting game chars .. ZZZZZ DULL

So this is your detailed analysis of why you think CFC is a, 'shitty', game?

Thanks, but I will stick with my opinion: CFC is one of the best and most addictive handheld games out there. Can't wait for the DS version. Maybe it will tear me away from Famicon Wars: a shitty turn based strategy game.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
CFC is one of the most gratifying games i ever played. Period. I have clocked more on that game then any other neo game ever released. Probably in the range of 200 hours. Not sure if it is going to be a port. I hope not as I want to play something new. But i could see how they could fuck it up as the gameplay is deep the further you get into the game. They need a online mode, it wouldnt be that hard to implement. Cant wait for this. Awsome!

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
If this is true this is very ggod news. Having the 2 previous ones on the NGPC and enjoying them thoroughly I trust that the DS one will be of the same quality and anticpate its release.

Please don't cock this up Playmore. You owe it to the loyalists!

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
Cool. :)

I hope they don't muck up the interface now. :P

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
CFC is still one of the best videogame CCGs ever. It's still arguably the most fun, too. Unlike most of the others, it's the only videogame CCG that I know a number of people have put in as many hours as some of the PSO nuts (myself included). 200 hours, 400 hours. It's insane. If anything, CFC is not boring. It plays fast, gets to the point, and the interface is highly streamlined. Combined with very accessible and non-confusing (or intimidating) gameplay (which gets you into it), that contains a good degree of depth as you build the decks (particularly in CFC2); it's the easiest one to get into and get hooked.

kiun

Zero's Tailor
do you think they will keep the capcom chars or will this be strictly snk chars only ?

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I really hope this hearsay comes to fruition. CFC is one of my all time favourite handheld games. I have over 150+ hours logged on it....heh, what a loser :(

Anyways, time to finally get a DS.

Advance Wars DS + CFC DS = Win!

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
This would be freaking awesome. I loved the CFC games on the NGPC. Hopefully it uses the touch screen well, but that should be easy. I mean, it's a card game after all. Bigger question is how to implement the second screen.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
qube said:
I really hope this hearsay comes to fruition. CFC is one of my all time favourite handheld games. I have over 150+ hours logged on it....heh, what a loser :(

Anyways, time to finally get a DS.

Advance Wars DS + CFC DS = Win!

My thoughts exactly, fantastic game. I really hope they pull this off right.