Kagaribi (篝火, Kagaribi) is a secondary character in the Samurai Shodown series. She was Basara's lover who was his childhood friend from the same village. She was a maternal figure for Basara and meant everything to him. They were only separated from each other when Zankuro slaughtered them. They were not together in their afterlife and he yearns to join her, often crying her name in battles.
She only exists as a specter, most likely a yūrei like Basara, dressed in the same yukata she was wearing whilst she was living.
- In Samurai Shodown III, during Basara's ending, she is mentioned in past tense.
- In Samurai Shodown IV, during Basara's ending, she says that she still senses his grudge being unfulfilled. She asks someone to help them before mysteriously fading away.
- In Samurai Shodown V, her death to Zankuro is retconned. She takes Basara back in time and shows her love the truth: Basara mistakenly killed her in his dying moments, thus explaining why they can't be together in death.
- In Samurai Shodown VI, during Basara's ending, he travels back in time to the moment before he was killed by Zankuro. He prevents his death and changes history. He and Kagaribi's ghosts disappear as a result.
- In Samurai Shodown (2019), she appears in Basara's Weapon Flipping, Special Moves and in the matches' win poses, as a ghost. She also appears in Basara's ending, when she asks to he to continue the hunt for their forgiveness.