should snk remake games

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Personally hated how they made Terry, Ralph and Clark seem abnormally large after having them as rather slender characters through out the series.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Personally hated how they made Terry, Ralph and Clark seem abnormally large after having them as rather slender characters through out the series.

Super Soldiers be on that gas, man. Gotta keep up w/ the Blackwater Jones'.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Agreed, long overdue.

Remake games though? I have mixed feelings but dammit I'm sure I'd still buy them.

Very true man. They should have already released it. probably 20 more games from the neo library.

I think it would be cool for snk playmore to release an snk arcade classics game to where they only have the mvs exclusive games like neo drift out, puzzle bobble, ghost lop, nightmare in the dark, etc.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Remaking games would likely be an expensive and slow disaster...

That being said I've no idea why snk does not do a sega and self publish their back catalogue in as attractive bundles as possible. Efforts such as the neostation seemed great, but it was an extremely limited affair. Now there's systems easily powerful enough to emulate well (with similar architectures) this would not require the relatively lengthy porting efforts previously seen.

The relatively good mobile game adaptations are interesting but I don't think they're going to generate enough interest to result in faithful remakes or new arcade (style) games in the series.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Unless they're actually gonna have the original artists redraw everything in 1080p (l-o-freakin-l), they shouldn't even bother. I think the best we would ever get is someone 2.5-d nonsense.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
If there needs to be a remake, I think Cyberlip could definitely get one. It would be so awesome if you can shoot diagonally.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
Japan is the only market that matters for SNK these days, so whatever they may do with their IPs in the future is pretty much guaranteed
to have precisely nothing to do with how anyone outside SNK's home market may or may not feel about how things should or shouldn't be done...