(RESolved) Blast City will not coin up

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I just took possession of a Blast city cab from a local op. Ive got two boards to test with, a Neo 4 slot, and a Dreamcast MGCD. Both boot fine, but the cab does not coin up. He had it on free play when I went to test it, and I didn't think to try and coin it up. (thats on me).

Anyway hitting the coin switch in the door does nothing, and the coin counter doesn't count a new 'coin' when it's hit either.

For some reason my Neo board coins up on it's own with each power cycle, even though I have it set for free play. So that's weird. I know these cabs are JVS and JAMMA, but I'm not certain if there's a switch or setting I have to mess with to tell it to be JAMMA.

Any help is appreciated.

edit: Solved! after someone on Arcade Projects linked me to the wiring diagram (duh) I realized that the coin-up...wire... cable... whatever, was nowhere to be found. Made a tiny bridge and jumped it - coined up.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Well.. shit.

I guess it's unsolved now. I moved the cab into my office, had to remove the CP to do so. But I put everything back correctly, and installed a button on CN12. Nothing.

I checked the pins for continuity, and it's there. Definitely makes contact on the I/O. I have no idea what's going on now. The Neo still coins itself up one time, and I can hear the coin counter click over. I don't have any other boards to test with at the moment.

But even with the Neo coining itself up one time with each reboot, I cant add more coins after that single one.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Looks like it was a simple dead switch on the coin mech. Trying a new switch got it to work just fine. bleh.

IMA GO SLEEP