Official A/V Thread

terry.330

Manly Tears
Replaced my Shure M97xE TT cartridge with a Sumiko Rainer a few months ago, pretty solid.

I don't regret replacing my Music Hall Ikura with a 1200SLMK7. It's not a pretty but it's so much more convenient plus it's so sturdy I don't have to worry about it getting out of calibration or breaking.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
I still have the pair of mk2's I bought in the summer of 1997.

hyper

Bloodhound,
10 Year Member
I have AKG 240 open back studio headphones and a benchmark DAC-1

for records two technics m5g shure m44 needles and a rane ttm56s

for recording focusrite 2i2

kernow

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
It's been a month for upgrades, got a ton of old kit to sell now.

Used tannoys - 4.5k
Used moving coil cartridge - 1.5
Tonearm - 2.2
Ho boy

voltronbadass

nerdsigh
Aegirs certainly are interesting. Dont know if they were worth the money to me. Really shine on vintage thin revealing sounding speakers so far, pretty grating highs on modern punchy speakers, but only on spotify, vinyl and cd’s sound much better. Never had a piece of gear be overly glaringly shitty with spotify before. Going to have to audition them a bit more sober. Twelve more days to get a refund.

They do easily push 4ohm 15’s no problem which is interesting with 80wpc of A class. Frightening bass on those 15’s even though these amps arent officially rated for that kind of load.

Last edited:

voltronbadass

nerdsigh
Kept the aegirs after some tube rolling to dial em in. Definitely the most impressive amps ive tried and on any of my speakers.

Speaking of which I just scored a pair of KEF LS50 Meta’s for less than half the price of new because one of the cabinets has a crack in it. I’ll gladly repair and display that flaw for half off of the price. At this point Im running a bunch of schiit anyway.

kernow

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
New TT

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
"Audiophile" is a fucking farce. Whatever sounds good to you, sounds good to you.

That said, I'm running a Project debut carbon and yamaha natural sound CD player out to a Rotel RA-1520 integrated amp. The amp is feeding Large Advent speakers.

I'm happy.