Neo geo Hyper 64 Question

aluisi

Geese's Thug
Hi there every one. I just got a neo geo hyper 64 board and I would like to know a few things. First off does any one know where on the net I can find a PDF of the manual for this board. I have the first revision board. And secondly can I with the first revision board plug it into my MVS cab harness and play? I know I have to hook up the speaker and extra power but does the harness its self have to be changed like the buttons or any thing or is that all fine? Do I need to do any thing else to play besides the extra power and speakers? :buttrock:

aluisi said:
Hi there every one. I just got a neo geo hyper 64 board and I would like to know a few things. First off does any one know where on the net I can find a PDF of the manual for this board. I have the first revision board. And secondly can I with the first revision board plug it into my MVS cab harness and play? I know I have to hook up the speaker and extra power but does the harness its self have to be changed like the buttons or any thing or is that all fine? Do I need to do any thing else to play besides the extra power and speakers? :buttrock:

Online manual for a Hyper Neo Geo 64 Rev.1 board here: http://www.daddelkingz.com/manuals/Hyper_64_english.pdf

Besides the extra time to install the Power and Speaker harnesses, you will need to attach -5V into the appropiate wire of the MVS/JAMMA+ harness. The MVS does not use -5V, but the rev.1 of the Hyper 64 requires -5V for sound. The rest of the harness will require no modifications.

Charles

aluisi

Geese's Thug
cool

Okay so then the only diferance between the Jamma and MVS is the -5v then. Thats easy enough to do. THanks a bunch for you help i cnat wait to fire the board up. Now all I need is a game for it LOL

aluisi said:
Okay so then the only diferance between the Jamma and MVS is the -5v then. Thats easy enough to do. THanks a bunch for you help i cnat wait to fire the board up. Now all I need is a game for it LOL

You are welcome.

Charles

aluisi

Geese's Thug
One more question so If i have the -5 V hooked up to my power suplie right now and the jamma conector is hooked to my MVS board will that hurt my MVS board?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
aluisi said:

I was just wondering ..

Did you buy this off Ebay..?..

I shipped out two in the last two weeks..one yesterday..
Just wondering if you may have bought it from me. :)

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
aluisi said:
One more question so If i have the -5 V hooked up to my power suplie right now and the jamma conector is hooked to my MVS board will that hurt my MVS board?

Having the -5 volts connected to the edge connect will not harm the MVS board. The -5 pin does not actually connect to anything on the board.

Last edited: