Neo 25 Candy Cab - Game Select not working

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi all. First time posting. Active member on some other forums (KLOV, Arcade Otaku), but wanted to come to the Neo experts for a Neo question.

I just picked up a Neo 25 candy cab (pic below), and of course with any new acquisition, there's things that need immediate attention, and things for the "long term" fix-it list.

On the immediate list is the game select button not working. Prior to buying, I witnessed the "Select" button on the control panel working to cycle through the games. I believe it even worked when I first got the cab home and unloaded last night - I demonstrated it to my daughter. 5 minutes later and ever since, it is not working. I am getting +5V, from the signal wire for the button to ground. I get continuity from the button end of the wire to the JAMMA harness end of the wire, and the connection appears good at the JAMMA harness (which it should, since I'm getting +5V at the button). The wire is connected at pin 26 (component side). The game board cycles through the games, letting attract mode for each game run for what appears to be a pre-determined duration, probably a minute or so per game. And I assume that is normal.

What to check next?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I had this problem when I first got my neo 25. Check the grounds and also check the button. The grounds on mine, the QD needing replacing and the button also fell apart. I would definitely check that ground if you are getting power.

Not trying to sound like a dick, but also check the settings in the test menu for the multislot.

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks, radiantsvgun. Offering advice is in no way sounding like a dick. That's what a came soliciting in my timid noobish state, and greatly appreciate the help. I shorted the signal and ground for the select button, using a paper clip and got no joy. That certainly doesn't rule out the button, mocroswitch and/or qd being bad, but those are not the focus until I find the deeper cause.

What settings specifically should I check in the test menu? Is there something in there that would potentially affect the select button function? I poked around but nothing stood out to me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Thanks, radiantsvgun. Offering advice is in no way sounding like a dick. That's what a came soliciting in my timid noobish state, and greatly appreciate the help. I shorted the signal and ground for the select button, using a paper clip and got no joy. That certainly doesn't rule out the button, mocroswitch and/or qd being bad, but those are not the focus until I find the deeper cause.

What settings specifically should I check in the test menu? Is there something in there that would potentially affect the select button function? I poked around but nothing stood out to me.

I'll check mine when I get home.

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Ha, I found it. In setting up soft dip-setting up cabinet. Change game select to "free". Thanks again radiantsvgun, you pointed me in the right direction. 👍

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Congrats on the cabinet!
Now throw in a neosd and you'll have a perfect setup.

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Haha, yeah once my wallet recovers from this acquisition.