mvs to home converter

new2neo

n00b
Question for anyone who owns an older mvs to home converter, the one that carts are inserted on the front side. Should these work on all home cart systems? Any problems you know about? Can't seem to get it to work. Previous owner said it worked last time they used it and that it would play all games 1998 and older.

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by new2neo:
Question for anyone who owns an older mvs to home converter, the one that carts are inserted on the front side. Should these work on all home cart systems? Any problems you know about? Can't seem to get it to work. Previous owner said it worked last time they used it and that it would play all games 1998 and older.

You mean it plays up to 1998. Get the new converter!

http://www.videogamedepot.com/web_store.cgi?page=snk.html&cart_id=1980459_9958

new2neo

n00b
I was told that the !Arcade! converter won't work with systems that have serial numbers below 050000. Do you own the new converter? What's the serial number of your system?

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I have a home cart system serial number 13208 and the !Arcade! MVS adapter works fine. The only issue you might have is that the home cart system's slots can be somewhat loose (as was the case for my system), and this can cause the adapter to not work properly.

I actually ordered the adapter, and when I first tried it, it wouldn't work with my Neo. I contacted the owner of !Arcade! through his new Neo chat/message area, and he offered to replace the slots at a reasonable cost.

After the slots were replaced, the MVS adapter worked perfectly. Strikers 1945, Ganryu, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and all my other MVS carts booted and ran without a hitch.

The only issue you might run into, besides the slots, relates to the onboard RCA stereo outputs on the adapter. On newer Neo systems, the audio outputs won't work without a minor modification. Jeff Kurtz is including the minor modification in all new mods (s-video, stereo, debug) that he does.

All in all, the new adapter is the one to get. A very high quality piece of equipment, sturdy and well built. The older front-loading adapter is crap, puts undue stress on the cart system's slots, and I would avoid it at all costs.