KOF XI PS2 released

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
ray_7 said:
Loading time is almost non existant... I'm so happy with this port.

Made me feel happy I sold my AW. ;)

Yeah, it is an excellent package.

Is it just me that thinks the sound effects sound a bit muffled?

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
ray_7 said:
Loading time is almost non existant... I'm so happy with this port.

Made me feel happy I sold my AW. ;)

that makes two of us. sadly FotNS kept me with a reserve lol.

But I am having ONE problem....CHALLENGE 34! I always get Ryo down to virtually ZERO life but the damage scaling keeps my last attack from killing him. any tips?

O.

Last edited:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Well I'm out here in Nagasaki, but none of the game shops I've hit so far have it in stock. One of my friends who lives out here was telling me that things come out later here or are slow to arrive, I'm here for 2 weeks, so I'm hoping that it'll be around by next week before I leave, would suck to get home and have to import it.

hanafuda

JHendrix said:
Well I'm out here in Nagasaki, but none of the game shops I've hit so far have it in stock. One of my friends who lives out here was telling me that things come out later here or are slow to arrive.

Why?

Does he think the distributors don't realise that Nagasaki is a few hours away from Tokyo?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Got it myself, such a great game. Some of the missions are really hard. #40 is going on in the BG right now as my friend tries to get Geese. Lots of Geese death.

how do you roll recover?

ray_7

AB just before you touch the ground.

I just got Geese btw, actually it's really easy. Just watch Terry's moves, if it's not Power Wave then prepare to do his hcf+B counter move.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
O. Yashiro said:
that makes two of us.

But I am having ONE problem....CHALLENGE 34! I always get Ryo down to virtually ZERO life but the damage scaling keeps my last attack from killing him. any tips?

O.
I cleared this challenge with k', kyo (leader) and ryo in my team but I didnt even used Ryo. Start the combo with kyo jump d, standing c, forward b, qcf c, hcb c and then switch to k' jump d, standing c, forward b swithc to kyo. Do this like 2 times and then finish with kyo combo jump d, standing c, qcf d then d again, qcf a wait a bit then again qcf a, hcb d (you have to wait a bit to connect this or else the combo won't work), dp c break into qcf qcf c, break into dreamcancel hcb hcb e.

I also had trouble with this challenge but this challenge really helped me practice switching and Im pretty good at it now.

hanafuda

OrochiEddie said:
Got it myself, such a great game. Some of the missions are really hard. #40 is going on in the BG right now as my friend tries to get Geese. Lots of Geese death.

how do you roll recover?

Isn't that like challenge #3 or something? ;)

ray_7

How the hell do you meet Silber/Jyazu?

I followed the "land 6 DM" rule posted on gamefaqs and I still haven't met them...

E=MC2

fnish every challenge in challenge mode and you will unluck everything in the game. I didnt try the method you just said

ray_7

MUSOLINI said:
fnish every challenge in challenge mode and you will unluck everything in the game. I didnt try the method you just said

That's the problem... I can't. ;)

Having problem doing the challenge where you have to break off from throws.

hanafuda

ray_7 said:
How the hell do you meet Silber/Jyazu?

I followed the "land 6 DM" rule posted on gamefaqs and I still haven't met them...

6 DM KOs without losing any team members before you meet the mid boss.

ray_7

hanafudaX said:
6 DM KOs without losing any team members before you meet the mid boss.

And do I also have to finish the last opponent (end the stage) with a DM?

E=MC2

ray_7 said:
That's the problem... I can't. ;)

Having problem doing the challenge where you have to break off from throws.

Are you serieus that's one of the easier ones just press hard punch or hard kick when you come to close to your opponent. But yeah clearing the challenge mode isnt very easy.

hanafuda

ray_7 said:
And do I also have to finish the last opponent (end the stage) with a DM?

Sorry, that should be 6 LDMs (leader DMs).

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Well I just put an order for the game in on Play-Asia, they went from 24 hours to one week, but I just got the Gunstar Treasure Box AND Twinkle Star Sprites to keep me busy.

I noticed that NCXS ships every copy out with four cards, did Play-Asia get the cards too? Even if they don't come with the cards, I'm happy with Play-Asia because I got an instant five bucks off from my last order and even if I don't get the cards I don't pay tax from Play-Asia. :D

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I unlocked everything by completing all the challenges. B/C from my experience on the AW I know that it was almost impossible to get the proper midboss. Most times I always ended up fighting Gai.

The throw break challenge was pretty easy. All you gotta do is be prepared to hit F+either C or D when approaching the opponent. And you get a whole "round" to do it.

Here is my SUPER easy way to complete challenge #34:

Shen (leader)
King
Iori

The characters need to be picked in that order. At the start of the round activate Shen's LDM, then jump D, close C, Fw+B, qcf+C (SHIFT to King) jump in D, close D (1-hit), Df+D, rdp+B (4 hits), super cancel into qcf, hcb+D, (SHIFT to Iori) jump in D, close C, dp+C super cancel into qcfX2+C.

The best part about that combo is that Shen does over 50% of the damage by himself. I also have another one that is a little harder.

Ryo
Robert
Gato (leader)

Starting with Ryo. hcb,f+K (new move) super cancel into qcf, hcb+C (SHIFT to Robert) jump in D, close C, Fw+B (the step kick), qcf,hcb+C (SHIFT to Gato) jump in D, close C, qcf+A, super cancel into qcfX2+A, DREAM CANCEL into dp+e 3 times.

That one is a little harder b/c the SHIFT~jump in attacks have to be timed really well and the timing on the Robert portion is trick to get the Close C, Fw+B. Also the Gato part is REALLY tricky b/c if you dont instantly get the special into the super cancel you wont do enough damage on the DREAM CANCEL.

O.

E=MC2

A really easy method for challenge #34 is using Ex-kyo. Start of with jump D, standing C, forward B(2hit, that's why it's so easy to use this combo), qcf C, hcb C, then use K' switch, jump D, standing C (2hit), forward B then switch back to Kyo again. Repeat this a couple of times and end with either K' SDM/LDM or Ex-Kyo's LDM. I found this really easy, cause you have a lot of time to change between the 2 char. and the combo's of the 2 char. are almost identical.

Last edited:

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
This game is the best KOF ever made, hands-down. I'm in heaven right now with this AND Maximum Impact 2 to play.

I took a bunch of screenshots for anyone who still has yet to see the game in action:

xititle0hl.jpg
xicharaselect3qo.jpg

xihotaru5lo.jpg
xirobert0bq.jpg

ximai4hu.jpg
xitung0au.jpg

xikyo1th.jpg
xihayate6bj.jpg

xieiji3ff.jpg
xibjenet1gb.jpg

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
All I can say is, seeing Akari in the B Jenet pic is odd enough. That little girl should not be drinking. Especially *That* little girl.