violentluke

New Challenger
Any idea what this is on a legit kof 96 cart
CDYtlbM.jpg

qKhglQH.jpg

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Maybe a repair, doesn't look like something SNK did.

Are the bosses available as playable characters?

Last edited:

violentluke

New Challenger
Really? Looked like the ones on mvs scan site. Or is there something I'm missing?

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Really? Looked like the ones on mvs scan site. Or is there something I'm missing?

Original chips always have the NGH number of the game to which they belong. And have the correct name (P1, M1, V1, V2, etc) matching with the board. Look carefully again at mvs-scans. And no EPROMs, except for puzzle bobble IIRC.

violentluke

New Challenger
Original chips always have the NGH number of the game to which they belong. And have the correct name (P1, M1, V1, V2, etc) matching with the board. Look carefully again at mvs-scans. And no EPROMs, except for puzzle bobble IIRC.

Thanks, guess I was thrown off since there was only that one chip that looked off to me as none of the other chips have windows and all the soldering looks machined besides the one chip in question.
Also all the chips are placed in the same location as the mvs scans on both boards.
All my boots have chips placed randomly all over the board and a lot of windowed chips.
Still new to boot spotting so is there a chance that 1 board can be fake and the other board original or they always both fake? I'll have to look at second board when I get home

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Thanks, guess I was thrown off since there was only that one chip that looked off to me as none of the other chips have windows and all the soldering looks machined besides the one chip in question.
Also all the chips are placed in the same location as the mvs scans on both boards.
All my boots have chips placed randomly all over the board and a lot of windowed chips.
Still new to boot spotting so is there a chance that 1 board can be fake and the other board original or they always both fake? I'll have to look at second board when I get home

Both are always fake.

There has been known cases of mass produced bootlegs in the past.

Someone probably noticed it was a bootleg so they turned it into a boss hack.