Dead MVS 1FZ - Where do I start?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Swapped the B1 out, wasn't fun, didn't work ... The only thing left ist the Neo E0, that one I haven't tried yet. Any suggestions? :(

Weird, the only other thing that can trigger a reset is video interrupt. But you said VRAM is good?

X5900

n00b
This is also a good learning exercise, the guy who gave me the board has a whole box full of dead MVS 1FZ boards, I can get them for free as he needs the space. So I took this one as an opportunity to get into the layout and workings of the MVS and so far, I've already learned a lot, but not enough. The fault has to be somewhere

This is the story so far:

Swapped out with no effects, same fault: 68k, NeoC1, NeoB1, NeoE0, NeoD0, Wram+Bram, SysROM->NeoDiagRom, 74HC259

What exactly does the 74HC259 for example? I can't make it out on the schematics, some address decoding I assume? What else could it be?

Is there a complete pinout for the upper and lower WRAM (1+2)? I've only found the one for both BRAMs (3+4).

Update: We have a heartbeat. After I've found a loose Pin (32) on the replaced Neo D0, the board now starts with a fast click of death.

Last edited: