Arcade gaming in Portland

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Hey guys,

I'm in Portland this week and have not been here in about 10 years. I'm happy to report that arcades here are still a thing - and I can also tell you that it's fucking glorious to see a room full of cabs, that are busy with people both young and old (both male and female) actually playing and respecting the cabs. Heaven.

So far I've been to "Ground Control" (http://groundkontrol.com/) which is fucking awesome. Beers are for sale (maybe weed too as Oregon just decriminalized it), and the games are just $0.25 - and we're talking classics here (no, not Keith Apicary's Talkin' Classics). Pinball too. Even my fiancee is stoked to go back and play a few rounds of Bust-a-Move with me on a real cab instead of my CMVS.

I've still to check out the 3 or 4 other big arcades here, but I'm pretty happy already.

Here are my questions - with all these cabs in use herein Portland, there has to be a nice source of JAMMA PCBs for me to potentially buy. Does anyone here know of a place where I can pickup some JAMMA PCBs?

w00t!

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
No idea about your question, but I just wanted to add my envy of your spending time in Portland... in regards to Ground Kontrol and virtually ever other type of culture that seems to be thriving over there. Also, I've been to Toronto once, seems like a pretty nice city to live in as well... very, very clean from what I saw.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
well now; when me and my family finally move back up to PORTLAND, -for keeps- i'll be looking quite forward
to me and my sister finally getting to seriously indulge in the Arcade Experience that we never really had much of an opportunity to know as kids...

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
No clue about sourcing PCBs while you're there, but my wife and I just spent a week in Portland about a month ago, and it was pretty awesome. Ground Kontrol is great, and Punch Bowl Social is a lot of fun, too. That place has a small arcade (about 10 arcade games and 3 pinball machines), bowling, foosball, darts, ping pong, shuffleboard, and a big bar. I wouldn't go there just for the arcade, but if you like those other games, it might be worth a trip.