Any issues turning off MVS cab via surge strip instead of on-board switch?

pmindemann

New Challenger
I was thinking of turning my MVS cab on/off via a surge strip instead of the power switch inside the coin door. My reasoning is that I won't play the cab very often, so I don't really want to leave it plugged in all the time (old wiring fire hazard, vampire power draw, etc.). Would this cause dangerous power surges or anything else that might shorten the life of the system to do it this way?

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
It will be fine. The brief power on surge will be the same.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Power strip is how I always did it when I had a cab and never any issues.

pmindemann

New Challenger
That's terrific, guys. Thanks for the advice.

On that same topic, I'm concerned about current draw through a power strip (with an old CRT, computer power supply, lights, etc.). Any thoughts on min. current requirements? I was considering a UPS battery back-up from APS I saw at a good price at BJ's, but the Max current output seemed limited.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
That's terrific, guys. Thanks for the advice.

On that same topic, I'm concerned about current draw through a power strip (with an old CRT, computer power supply, lights, etc.). Any thoughts on min. current requirements? I was considering a UPS battery back-up from APS I saw at a good price at BJ's, but the Max current output seemed limited.

Any standard power strip should be fine. I think the UPS idea would be overkill. I haven't seen anyone using a UPS with their cab.