Search results

1. mikey

CPS2 Pause Switch/CPU Halt

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone knows what pin on the DL-1625 (the CPS2's custom 68000) is the halt pin? I would like to add a pause switch to the A board, but can't find any pinout info since it's a custom variant. Thanks!
  2. mikey

WTB: Eight Man AES Manual

Anyone have a spare manual for Eight Man AES? A buddy of mine is looking for one. Will need to be mailed to Canada. Thanks!
  3. mikey

Developing 29F032 to DIP42 adaptor

Hey everyone. Just wondering if anybody can lend me a hand with verifying this, letting me know if I'm doing it all completely wrong, giving pointers etc. Basically, I'm trying to develop an adaptor for the 29F032 to conform to the standard DIP42 package like a 27C322 would use. The point is to...
  4. mikey

Third Part Controllers - Your thoughts?

Just wondering what the general consensus is on some of the third party controllers out there, specifically for SNES and Genesis (6 button). I have read lots of really mixed reviews on the various ones available, and just wondered if anyone here has tried any of them out and can offer some good...
  5. mikey

Neo Geo AES Games, Ottawa ON

Found this listing on Kijiji. Seems like some alright deals on complete AES games. Hopefully someone can take advantage of this. Not sure if the guy will ship them though. http://www.kijiji.ca/v-old-video-games/ottawa/neo-geo-games/1035538344?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
  6. mikey

Amiga SC1224 RGB Monitor Not Working

I grabbed this Amiga SC1224 hoping it would be a good RGB monitor for my workbench, but when I got it home and powered it up, the power LED came on but CRT itself didn't seem to do anything. It makes a buzzing kind of noise whenever it's on, and if the speaker is hooked up, when you turn up the...
  7. mikey

1942 pcb not working

I have a 1942 board that isn't working. It was fine before I moved, now it doesn't display anything when I power it up. I noticed that the power LED on my supergun was dim when this particular board was plugged in. I tested the board and found that the 5v line only has 68ohms of resistance to...
  8. mikey

CPS2 X-Men Vs. SF Green Screen

I recently got a dead X-Men vs Street Fighter B-board and figured it had suicided. I burned new decrypted roms, shorted out all the necessary caps after removing the battery, and still got a green screen. There was some rust and corrosion on the board, so I did my best to clean it up and reflow...
  9. mikey

Aliens board with corrupt graphics

I picked up an Aliens Konami board today, and the character graphics are corrupted. All the background sprites and everything are fine. When I did a system check, all the character roms came back bad (K2, K8, J2, J8). I pulled K2 off and verified it with the mame dump, and it was fine. There...
  10. mikey

Turbografx/29F016 Question

I'm trying to use a 29F016 flash chip with my Turbografx, and haven't been able to get it to work. It's brought up a few questions at the same time that I was wondering if someone could shed some light on. Basically, I've added a 40pin ZIF socket to the back of my turbo that allows me to play...
  11. mikey

SNES conversion question...

I tried to make a SNES conversion of the Firemen out of an NHL Stanley Cup cart, but it's not working. From what I read, it should work, here is the cart info from the roms: Cart Name: THE FIREMEN JAPAN0 Game Code: AFMJ Contents: ROM Map: LoROM...
  12. mikey

GBS 8200 & LM1881 help

I have been using the 8200 for a while now on cps1 and neo geo hardware and it's worked fine, but I wanted to use it with some of my other consoles and so I added the 1881 to clean the sync signal. Problem is, now it seems like the sync is worse than before. The cps1 now intermittently drops...
  13. mikey

Daimakaimura Dip Switch Stage Select

Does anyone know the dip settings for each stage as the starting stage on the japanese resale version of Daimakaimura?
  14. mikey

More CHA512 graphics problems...

Hey, I've had some real problems with this CHA512 board. I got it as a bootleg, and it was rewired for 16mbit eeproms. I tore it apart and tried to make a blazing star out of it, but I always get issues with the graphics. There was a wire going from pin 4 of the LS174 to pin 56 of the NEO-273...
  15. mikey

Using 27c800 in a 40 pin socket

Is it possible to use a 27c800 as a 27c400 in a 40 pin socket? I have a bunch of 27c800's kicking around, but need to replace an eprom in a 40 pin socket that calls for a 27c400. Can't you just short the highest address pin to ground or something to make it act as a smaller eprom, almost like...
  16. mikey

Strider sth63b.1a GAL

I've been searching the web for a while, but can't seem to find the image of the GAL (sth63b.1a) for the japan resale version of strider. Has it not been dumped yet? Is there another GAL that can be used in it's place? I was looking to possibly play some strider on my SF2 CE board... can anyone...
  17. mikey

CHA42G Question

Is it possible to combine 6 4mbit C roms into 4 8mbit C roms that will work on a CHA42G board? I've been messing around with this board lately and was wondering about whether this was possible, and if so how you would combine the rom images to work? I know that this board addresses the C roms...
  18. mikey

EPROM Bankswitching questions...

Just been goofing around with some stuff lately and was wondering if it is possible to bank switch odd numbers of eproms (like 3 for instance) with the LM139. Is this possible or do you have to have an even number of eproms? Also, can you bank switch eproms of different sizes? Say a 27c020 and...
  19. mikey

Looking for NEO-253 chip

Does anyone have a spare NEO-253? I'm trying to repair a MVS-4F where one of these chips got mangled.
  20. mikey

AD725 Dot Crawl

I have built a supergun and consolized an mvs using the AD725 and a layout I did myself on perfboard. Both suffer from the exact same type of dot crawl. I'm not sure if this is typical of the chip specifically or if it is due to an error in my layout or something else. Weird thing is, when I...