Recent content by thegreathopper

1. thegreathopper

Fair price for an AES

I wouldn’t buy the TO multi cart, their lack of customer support is legendary.
  2. thegreathopper

Are you an SNK fan or a neogeo fan?

Defiantly a Neo Geo fan, Not really enjoyed anything past 2000 although I have tried...! More specifically 93 - 2000, not really a fan of pre 93, Samurai shodown was my intro to Neo Geo followed by Art of fighting 2 and KOF94.
  3. thegreathopper

kerns tings

Except that digital tastes nicer than vinyl, after saying that I will always keep my Discharge vinyl, I bought Why the day it came out. Wow what an EP that is. o_O Lovely collection Kernow, my AES collection has always been Japanese only although mine has slimmed down to about 10 favourites.
  4. thegreathopper

Neo Geo AES Serial Number Prices

Waste of money!
  5. thegreathopper

WTB: PGM mobo

Sheep Nova is the man and ask for the newest revision with battery holder.
  6. thegreathopper

CRT flickering

Or a dry joint, most of my CRT chassis fixes have been reflowing solder joints on the pcb, look for any grey joints or any that have a crack or gap around the component where it comes through the pcb.
  7. thegreathopper

Can you help me fix the AES I just broke?

Piggybacking is painless if you have the room, it’s the method I use. Good luck with your repairs.
  8. thegreathopper

Samurai Shodown V Perfect releases on eXa Arcadia

You could and I think EXA even supply a dongle to allow you to use USB joysticks.
  9. thegreathopper

Candy Cab MAME/Mister Build Help/Tips

Impress was my 1st Candy too, lovely cab. Save your money and just get 3rd strike, it goes so well with the Impress, like peas and carrots.
  10. thegreathopper

One game, just one.

Sam Sho 2 for me, still haven’t learnt the doll moves.
  11. thegreathopper

Taito Stools

Yes they should change the description it’s confusing, I just bought a couple of Taito stools and a bench.
  12. thegreathopper

Which cab is better/preferred?

Play one first, I had dreams of owning one, got one played it a few times and realised my Aero city was so much nicer to play.
  13. thegreathopper

Taito Stools

They are vinyl, would be lovely if they were leather.
  14. thegreathopper

AES Flickering, no BIOS detected

Pl Plumbing flux has acid in to eat through the dirt and needs cleaning immediately after soldering, if you haven’t already give that board a clean to remove any old flux.
  15. thegreathopper

Super Neo 29 Type 2 Frame Issues

Looks to me like it had a big whack on the back in transit, I used to own one of these cabs and the steel is pretty thin on these panels.