Recent content by Rufus Almasy

1. Rufus Almasy

My MVS copy of King of Fighters 99 has missing voice samples

When I was playing the game today, I noticed that when a character taunts I don't hear any of the voice samples from at least half of the roster. For example, when Athena taunts I hear her sneezing then she says a few lines, but I don't hear that at all. At the start of the battle I don't hear...
  2. Rufus Almasy

WTB: Metal Slug 1 or Metal Slug 3 MVS (Any Region)

So I'm looking to buy a copy of Metal Slug 1 or Metal Slug 3 MVS (whichever one I can get first). They must be 100% original PCBs, preferably clean, and 100% working. If anybody has one for sale, please PM for any offers. EDIT: I got Metal Slug 3, please no more offers for now.
  3. Rufus Almasy

WTB: King of Fighters 99 and 2001 MVS

I want to buy King of Fighters 99 and 2001. It doesn't matter if it's the Japanese version of the NA release, it must be 100% authentic obviously, and at least in great shape and clean. If anybody have any of these two that want to sell, please let me know. EDIT: I have a pending offer for 99...
  4. Rufus Almasy

FS: Omega Neo Geo CMVS Machine Console

I'm selling my precious Omega Neo Geo CMVS arcade machine. This is the highly sought after machine that is always hard to buy one from Arcade Works due to shortage in supplies and a long waiting list. I am selling this as a complete set only. This machine works excellent and barely used. Please...
  5. Rufus Almasy

Found Metal Slug 1, X, or 3 MVS

Hi, I just bought an Omega CMVS, and while I'm waiting for that to arrive, I want to buy a Metal Slug game. I only want to get one game right now, and it can be either Metal Slug 1, X, or 3. It doesn't matter which version it is whether it's the JP version or the US/EU version as long as it's...
  6. Rufus Almasy

Lol, on portable blue-ray players.

I will laugh so hard if they actually make portable blue-ray players like they do for dvds because you will actually need a big monitor to actually display hi-def content.
  7. Rufus Almasy

What happens if I reverse my speaker wires?

I heard they go out of phase.
  8. Rufus Almasy

I'm looking for good Component Cables for my DVD player

I want to get a Monster brand component cables, but it's a little expensive. So can any of you recommend me another good brand for component cables that isn't too expensive and it offers superior picture quality over S-Video?
  9. Rufus Almasy

How come they don't make Stereo Systems like they used to?

I can never find good two or 4 speaker stereo systems anymore especially a two speaker stereo system. My cousin back in the 90s had this big stereo system that kicked major ass with really powerful bass sound that vibrated the windows and wall violently and they were loud as hell. Now it seems...
  10. Rufus Almasy

Is Optical and Fiber Optic the same thing?

I'm bought a fiber optic cable for my receiver and the package says that it will work for systems that support fiber optic cables, but my it plugs in to my receiver and it works fine. I replace the optical cable with a fiber optic cable. So are both cables the same or something?
  11. Rufus Almasy

I love how suberb KOF games look like on my

tv hooked up to my desktop computer using a powerful emulator. It looks super clean and crisp, far better picture quality than what the actual AES version can provide and no cropping off the edges too. Does anybody do what I do to play neo-geo games like that?
  12. Rufus Almasy

Will Toshiba Eventually Make Blue-Ray Players?

They have to make newer products in order to stay in this particular business.
  13. Rufus Almasy

Where can I find an HDTV that is made out of real glass?

All of them are plastic or made out of cheap protective material and that reduces image quality by a lot.
  14. Rufus Almasy

So I bought a Toshiba A3 HD-DVD Player

at circuit city for 99 bucks. I needed a new dvd player and why not buy an hd-dvd? Even though it's dead, I can still get movies that I don't have yet on dvd on hd-dvd format. A couple of questions. 1. Do all HD-DVD movies work on my 480i SDTV? 2. Do I really need an hdtv set to get better...