Recent content by FA-MAS

1. F

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Yeah, and there definitely aren't any that I know of that would solder.
  2. F

Neo Geo X Adapter

I'd be in too. I can't solder that well.
  3. F

Neo Geo X Adapter

I'll offer to use my 3D Printer to help design a prototype casing if needed. <-- design, not mass produce.
  4. F

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Ah, so even if I'm able to write the data to the card exactly, the NGX is initializing the card "swapped" which a regular SD card wouldn't do. I get it. Bummer.
  5. F

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Well i don't have an adapter to plug into the NGX. My plan was: 1. Using my modded card reader, unscramble and DD Ninja Masters. 2. Using my modded card reader, write that DD to another card, causing it to be scrambled to regular SD readers but readable by NGX. Shouldn't that be possible, or...
  6. F

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

I think you misunderstood. I'm doing the same thing others are doing with the adapters. It's just I've wired up a full SD card slot to an external reader connected to my Mac.
  7. F

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

I think I'm doing something wrong again. So I've got my modded sd card reader hooked up to my Mac. I can read the Ninja Masters, I've taken a dd of the entire drive /dev/sdd in my case. I've written that back to another SD card. I thought dd was supposed to do an exact copy of the drive...
  8. F

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

yeah, i figured it out. I'm actually using a full sized SD slot cannibalized from another card reader. I hadn't hooked those pins up. Now it's good.
  9. F

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

I must be doing something wrong. I've got an SD adapter setup. I can read the ninja masters card. I took an image of it. My problem is when I try to write it to another card. It tells me the file system is read only. Well whatever file system was on the card isn't readable cause...
  10. F

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

I tried using an adapter like that. Notice the 4th pin from the left doesn't connect to one of the traces down below? It bridges over to another pin. I found that didn't work. When I cut that bridge and connected a wire to the 4th pin it made the case warp when put back together and the pins...
  11. F

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Check me if I got this right, I can't see he wires but going off what NTM said earlier. It's wired like this?. Everything else is straight through? Also, would one of you guys try dumping the internal SD contents to a card, hooking it up this way, leaving the internal SD slot empty, and then...
  12. F

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

This begs the question, why mess around with their os when we could put our own on it?
  13. F

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Here's a link to a script that can be used to extract vmlinuz.bin from the kernel1 and kernel2 uImages. I have no idea what it could be used for. But maybe it'll be useful. http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/How_to_Extract_an_uImage Got it extracted to the base kernel, tried a few tools to...
  14. F

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Looks like Windows 7 default Aero Theme to me.
  15. F

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

I doubt they'd give up the source. But since the Neo Geo X is able to access these cards, how about making it make the dumps/modifications itself? Ack, think you'd be able to make it get us a full dd of the Ninja Masters? Methinks the previous didn't contain the boot sector/partition table.