Recent content by channelmaniac

1. channelmaniac

Few dead MVSs

You should check out the Arcade Otaku forums. They have a couple of guys in Europe that can fix those for you and save you a lot in shipping charges.
  2. channelmaniac

MV-1A color problems.

The key to surface mount soldering is liquid rosin flux. It helps keep the solder from going cold and peaking/bridging everywhere. You can clean it up with some alcohol and q-tips.
  3. channelmaniac

MV1F weird error message

This is why I said to concentrate on the Backup RAM circuitry. If it's not right it will output spurious data on the bus and the CPU will never start properly. SMH...
  4. channelmaniac

Repair videos

Thanks guys! I'll be making more and more videos over time. Is anyone else doing any repair videos?
  5. channelmaniac

Repair videos

Nobody else is doing them? New video: Neo Geo 4 slot cap kit installation. Someone installed bipolar capacitors and huge 25v caps on the board so I redid it and fixed their lunacy. AVijQyOz_mU
  6. channelmaniac

MV1F weird error message

There is a custom chip in the battery backup area with 8 data bits that connects to the SRAM for the audio section. Those like to get eaten. Next there are traces from the SRAM to the Z80 CPU and the ROM in the sound section. Next there are traces from the SRAM to the custom chipset chip right...
  7. channelmaniac

Repair videos

Thanks guys! I'll be posting more videos of NG repairs and will soon be posting videos of how to use a logic probe... and more.
  8. channelmaniac

The bad battery thread

What's the part # on the offending RAM?
  9. channelmaniac

Repair videos

Anyone else doing repair videos? This one is a 4 slot that suffered from the crosshatch of death. H0LOC4iuTQc
  10. channelmaniac

Search issues...

Danke mein Freund
  11. channelmaniac

Search issues...

Hey mods! Was trying to search for something, clicked on "Advanced Search" from the main forum page, and was greeted with this at the top of the search page:
  12. channelmaniac

General info sources for PCB repair and troubleshooting?

They moved! http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=25.0
  13. channelmaniac

General info sources for PCB repair and troubleshooting?

Download "The Book" by Atari. It's a great place to start.
  14. channelmaniac

FIXED: CMVS 2 slot unibios 3.1 error

Funny! I don't repair them. I hate some of the garbage repairs and hacks that others have done and won't touch consolized systems. The funny part is that I refer them to you for repairs. :)
  15. channelmaniac

Fun with shipping...

That's what this one had inside.