Recent content by arathorn@dds.nl

1. A

AES model 3-6 RGB fix: which end to cut?

This afternoon I got busy with my AES. Let's start with the result... no more jail bars!! Here's a screenshot after performing the fix: I decided to cut the traces at the right, since the article mentioned above cuts at the left and has a positive result. Me cutting at the right answers the...
  2. A

AES model 3-6 RGB fix: which end to cut?

I recently found out that my AES has a hardware bug causing vertical lines in the image. I found out that it's specific to the model of my AES, which is model 3-6, as documented in this blog post. This post links to several other threads, such as the one on this forum. The first post mentions...
  3. A

replacing battery of 6 slot MVS mobo

Recently my cab doesn't remember the soft dip settings anymore, which sounds to me to be due to a dead battery on the mobo. It's a 6 slot MVS board. I looked around (hardmvs, this forum, google, etc) and found great help for all other types of boards, but not the MV-6F. :oh_no: Can anybody...
  4. A

AES games: kof 2003, kof 2001 & SamSho2

Hi, I'm selling some of my AES carts, because I hardly use them. My MVS cab is to blame! King of Fighters 2003 US - 300 euros: complete (clip box, insert, cardridge, booklet + baggie) cardridge: mint- (very small scartches, almost invisible) insert: excellent (tiny crack on back of insert)...
  5. A

AES & MVS games: Metal Slugs, KOFs, SamSho2, Windjammers, etc

Hiya people, I'm selling a bunch of games on eBay, check it out if you'd like to: click here to to go my little marketplace This is the list AES games: King of Fighters 2003 (complete) King of Fighters 2001 (complete) Metal Slug (conversion, complete) Super Sidekicks 2 (complete) King of...
  6. A

Metal Slug 1 AES original @ eBay ?!?

Check it out The auction kicked in just a few hours ago... starting bid: $5. Ofcourse, there is a minimum price. Wonder if this baby hits the heavens with the infamous Metal Slug 1 AES prices. Oh, certainly not an insignificant detail: will anybody vouch for the authenticity of this game...
  7. A

Blazing Star

Today was my personal premiere of Blazing Star. I bought it after research and must say that I'm happy I own an MVS so I don't have to pay 50 euro cents for every credit I use. Which made me wonder: Is there anybody on this planet that can finish Blazing Star with a single credit?? I read that...
  8. A

Samurai Shodown V Special mini marquee

I would love to know what the SamSho V Special mini marquee and other artwork looks like. Expecially the marquee, since I'm fond of putting those in my cabby. Does anybody have picture's or can anybody make them? PLEAASE
  9. A

need advice on buying MVS cabinet

I'm a great NeoGeo fan, don't know why I didn't register to this forum before. Owned a NeoGeoCD when I was young and parents didn't want to pay $200-500 for games. Now owning a AES, but going for the real deal soon. There are two MVS cabinets I'm going to check out this saturday and I'd like...