Looks Like I'm Finally Getting a Big Red !

Nitsunto

n00b
Your cabinet is looking good. Could use a few little touch-ups for fun but the screen looks great!
Start with getting two more game to fill up that 4-slot :)

Oh, For sure. That and a unibios. Actually, Ordering a unibios right now.

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
Could use a few little touch-ups for fun but the screen looks great!

As cool as pristine stuff is. I actually don't mind a few scrapes and scuffs. My cab has clearly been in an arcade and a few homes and has been beaten around quite a bit. I think it adds some character, gives it a bit of a story.

Definitely needs a good dust and a cleaning of the underside of the control panel (surface rust?). Mine was the same way when I got it.

But overall looks really nice. Congrats.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Congrats dude, welcome to the big red club! Pretty clean over all, and yes that screen looks awesome. Texas Big Reds representing

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Seriously, nice pickup. I'll be over to lend you some games next week until you can track down some of the gems.

I highly recommend Magical Drop III. It's pretty much glued into my 4 slot

Nitsunto

n00b
Seriously, nice pickup. I'll be over to lend you some games next week until you can track down some of the gems.

I highly recommend Magical Drop III. It's pretty much glued into my 4 slot

You Rock, dude! I just found the marquee parts I needed (both). Securing that now.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I def recommend getting a multi cart since your starting out. Gives you more time to get what you want and you get to test out different games before hand

Nitsunto

n00b
I def recommend getting a multi cart since your starting out. Gives you more time to get what you want and you get to test out different games before hand

Absolutely, I'm thinking 161-in-one is that the generally accepted decision?

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Take a look for the comparison thread. The 161 is missing a couple of hard to find games that are on he other carts. If you use a multi it can erase your saved high scores, had that happen on a 4 slot.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Really? Didnb know that, not really a problem for me but could be a problem for some

Nitsunto

n00b
Take a look for the comparison thread. The 161 is missing a couple of hard to find games that are on he other carts. If you use a multi it can erase your saved high scores, had that happen on a 4 slot.

Hey, thanks, that is useful information, I will research it more.

Nitsunto

n00b
Interestingly, with 4 carts in, the machine gets a bit wonky.

It doesn't consistently boot or has vertical lines through text with a specific cart in and looses sound on one slot with any 4 carts in.

The power supply fan sounds a bit like an airplane taking off.

Tonight, Multimeter time!

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
Interestingly, with 4 carts in, the machine gets a bit wonky.

It doesn't consistently boot or has vertical lines through text with a specific cart in and looses sound on one slot with any 4 carts in.

The power supply fan sounds a bit like an airplane taking off.

Tonight, Multimeter time!

Mine can occasionally be a little finicky in terms of what goes where when i have it fully loaded. Like if I have metal slug, turf masters, thrash rally, kof98, then metal slug won't have sound and kof98 won't even be recognized; but kof98, metal slug, turf masters, thrash rally will work fine. Last blade 2 doesn't like slot 1 if there are other games in there, etc. Probably mostly a matter of which contacts/cartridges are cleaner and such, but swapping them around often helps. Might be worth a try.

Nitsunto

n00b
Mine can occasionally be a little finicky in terms of what goes where when i have it fully loaded. Like if I have metal slug, turf masters, thrash rally, kof98, then metal slug won't have sound and kof98 won't even be recognized; but kof98, metal slug, turf masters, thrash rally will work fine. Last blade 2 doesn't like slot 1 if there are other games in there, etc. Probably mostly a matter of which contacts/cartridges are cleaner and such, but swapping them around often helps. Might be worth a try.

Yeah, Turns out it was due to a poorly seated Cart. A bit of wiggling and they all got happy.

Thanks for the input, though.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
She's a beaut! Congratz!

Tall Boys > All other reds.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That actually looks pretty darn good, a few minor replacements/touch ups needed at best with that one from the outside at least. I'm sure you'll get lots of fun out of it. I fairly recently got mine and it's a rush being able to in essence have an entire arcade in your home that fits into one box like that.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Are you into fighting games? You should start looking for some of the essential fighters you want.

Nitsunto

n00b
Are you into fighting games? You should start looking for some of the essential fighters you want.

I enjoy them. I have KOF'96 and Samurai Showdown.

Currently on loan I have SVC+

Some of my switches on the sticks are a bit beat so :hcb::hcf: are tough.

I've got new sticks and buttons coming which should make a huge difference and allow me to get on my way.

I'm focusing on puzzle games first because they play well even with a questionable stick.

Also, im 34. I'd say that Bust-a-Move was the first NEO game that I fell totally in love with.

The Pizza Hut in Brentwood, TN had a 2 Slot with Bust-a-Move and Aero Fighters 2 in it.

My poor family ate a LOT of Pizza Hut for a while. :lolz:

Now every day feels like my mother gave be $20 to leave her alone.

:glee:

-Josh

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Glad you uploaded pics. You got lucky, that BR is in pretty solid condition. Should be minimal work if you're looking to restore it.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I enjoy them. I have KOF'96 and Samurai Showdown.

Currently on loan I have SVC+

Some of my switches on the sticks are a bit beat so :hcb::hcf: are tough.

I've got new sticks and buttons coming which should make a huge difference and allow me to get on my way.

I'm focusing on puzzle games first because they play well even with a questionable stick.

Also, im 34. I'd say that Bust-a-Move was the first NEO game that I fell totally in love with.

The Pizza Hut in Brentwood, TN had a 2 Slot with Bust-a-Move and Aero Fighters 2 in it.

My poor family ate a LOT of Pizza Hut for a while. :lolz:

Now every day feels like my mother gave be $20 to leave her alone.

:glee:

-Josh

I Those are some good fighters to have, especially SvC. Def need to get Samurai Shodown 2 or 4 though.
What joysticks are you throwing in there? IL's, JLW, other japanese sticks? But yeah, beat up sticks make it hard to do those snk supers.
Haha, dude Pizza hut in my area always had mortal kombat or killer instint. But the Pizza Inn, God Fathers pizza and cici's pizza were the ones with variety and snk games. One of the noises i remember the most is that annoying yell that Pielle does from breakers/breakers revenge. Its high pitched and funky sounding. I would hear that in the background all the time when playing lol
Im 31 so we grew up around the same time

edit you get the idea of what im talking about lol

Last edited:

Nitsunto

n00b
I Those are some good fighters to have, especially SvC. Def need to get Samurai Shodown 2 or 4 though.
What joysticks are you throwing in there? IL's, JLW, other japanese sticks? But yeah, beat up sticks make it hard to do those snk supers.
Haha, dude Pizza hut in my area always had mortal kombat or killer instint. But the Pizza Inn, God Fathers pizza and cici's pizza were the ones with variety and snk games. One of the noises i remember the most is that annoying yell that Pielle does from breakers/breakers revenge. Its high pitched and funky sounding. I would hear that in the background all the time when playing lol
Im 31 so we grew up around the same time

edit you get the idea of what im talking about lol

ILs. Also went with convex competitions with D44Xs. Because why not.

SvC is a blast. Can't wait to have all of
The angles.

Hahaha there are so many of those sounds that are permanently burned in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk