JP ST-V Motherboard Interest thread. *ORDERING CLOSED*

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
also what is considered a cheap crappy st-v game these days? I'm kinda looking for either a VF Remix, or VF kids at a reasonable (non-STV, the asshole seller not the hardware) price.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
also what is considered a cheap crappy st-v game these days? I'm kinda looking for either a VF Remix, or VF kids at a reasonable (non-STV, the asshole seller not the hardware) price.

There's a seller on KLOV that has Remix for $40, which is probably the best price you'll find it for. It goes for that in Japan as it is. http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=309596&highlight=stv

Kids... I think I paid about $25-30 for it on ebay. It's fairly common to find and an all right game overall. I'd personally rate it higher than Remix, but neither of them really holds up that well compared to other fighting games from that era.

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
There's a seller on KLOV that has Remix for $40, which is probably the best price you'll find it for. It goes for that in Japan as it is. http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=309596&highlight=stv

Kids... I think I paid about $25-30 for it on ebay. It's fairly common to find and an all right game overall. I'd personally rate it higher than Remix, but neither of them really holds up that well compared to other fighting games from that era.

yeah I agree, neither is amazing. however I use my stv mainly for puyo so I just wanted a fighter in there to mix it up, and I'm not gonna pay for astra. Was hoping to find one of the VF's for about $20

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Ok 2 pieces of news:

1) It looks like getting cheap cart shells may not happen as it seems to be hard to find those cheap $5 mahjong game, but we will keep trying.

2) Also it looks like the shipment for the motherboards will be going by SEA which means 4-6 weeks of waiting for it (it's pretty fast for shipments going to California). This is because the motherboards weigh more than we thought and EMS would be more than double the cost. They will all still come in great condition. They will be tested in Japan and when they get here. I hope that's cool with everyone.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
2) Also it looks like the shipment for the motherboards will be going by SEA which means 4-6 weeks of waiting for it

I already have a motherboard but thought I´d just mention that shipping time ought not to be a problem for you guys since the multicart manufacturing is also going to take a couple months or so ;)

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
2) Also it looks like the shipment for the motherboards will be going by SEA which means 4-6 weeks of waiting for it (it's pretty fast for shipments going to California). This is because the motherboards weigh more than we thought and EMS would be more than double the cost. They will all still come in great condition. They will be tested in Japan and when they get here. I hope that's cool with everyone.

I dont care about transit time. I'm used to waiting for surface mail anyways. As for cart cases, could we have them 3d printed?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Ok 2 pieces of news:
1) It looks like getting cheap cart shells may not happen as it seems to be hard to find those cheap $5 mahjong game, but we will keep trying.

What about trying to get some of those STV carts that went in Purikura machines (Movie Club, Print Club 2)? Not sure how common they are, but they tend to go for really low prices on yahoo auctions when they show up.

Last edited:

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Count me in for 1 plus the multi BIOS. :) Now I need to see about getting one of the multicarts :)

Also, if you manage to get a shell, I would be interested in one as well.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Is there going to be a last call on this? I need to sell a game or two to justify this purchase.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
If you ship to Canada, ill take one mobo with the original bios.

I can, but it will be extra (shipping)

Is there going to be a last call on this? I need to sell a game or two to justify this purchase.

Doing the last call now, but if you need more time to pay, let me know and I can get you one and you can pay later.

What about trying to get some of those STV carts that went in Purikura machines (Movie Club, Print Club 2)? Not sure how common they are, but they tend to go for really low prices on yahoo auctions when they show up.

I'll try, but we'll see...

I dont care about transit time. I'm used to waiting for surface mail anyways. As for cart cases, could we have them 3d printed?

Find a person to do it heh.

Do you want money now or later?

Well, right before they are shipped from Japan, I'll collect the $.

Last edited:

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
With regards to the multi BIOS chip, is it a single chip, or is it a chip with a toggle switch to switch between JP and US? Just wondering if the multibios will only work with the games showing dual BIOS compatibility or if it will let me switch between JP and US bios.