Sonofx51 (jose) where are you?

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
I've tried everything I could possibly do to contact Jose, but I can't get a hold of him and I was hoping some of you would help me.

On 11/24/2007 Jose agreed to build me a Xbox -> Jamma converter. Every week or so he would contact me asking me about my cab, or I would contact him asking for some update.

On 12/25/2007 he said the item was shipped and that I should have it by the following weekend.

Weekend came and went and I PM'ed Jose on 01/02/2008 asking for a DC # of some sort.

Never heard from him and ask on the 5th as well.

Since the 5th i've sent another 2 pms and an email. However he probably never read the other 2 pms as he hasn't logged in since the 01/09/2008.

Its been almost 2 months now and I am looking for some sort of update from him.

Not calling him out as I know he is busy, just would a response.

Please help me contact him.

Thanks,
-D

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
I thought I remembered a similar thread awhile back, so I did a quick search. Turns out, there was the thread I remembered, plus a few others:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171120
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166405 (this one was retracted)
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137947
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125194
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109870

I think that in the end you will probably get your stuff and an apology. As for all the bullshit you are going through now, it seems that this is nothing new.

Darren870

Yea i read most of those while they were active, and knew that i might have to deal with it.

I didn't mind, but I feel like I am like waiting for a package every day since he said it shipped a month ago.

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
LustForLard said:
Yea i read most of those while they were active, and knew that i might have to deal with it.

LustForLard said:
Bumping this as i still have not heard from him :/

I don't get this thread. You bought from somebody you knew was somewhere between shady and flakey. You should have known better.

Not that I'm saying you don't deserve a speedy resolution, or that you had this coming or anything, but why did you ever agree to do business with this guy if you knew he wasn't exactly well-known for his speed and honesty?

I think sonofx51 should be added to the list of scammers. Not listed as a scammer per se, but I think he's established a pattern of irresponsibility and imaturity in the market forums that people need to know about. He definately shouldn't be selling anything on these forums, that's for sure.

Darren870

Because I know several people on this board have met him and hang out with him.
Because he always comes through in the end.
Because He does excellent work with his Mods and with his custom jobs.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
LustForLard said:
Because I know several people on this board have met him and hang out with him.
Because he always comes through in the end.
Because He does excellent work with his Mods and with his custom jobs.

LustForLard,

I'll give Jose a call tomorrow morning and leave him a voice mail concerning this.

Phillip

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
I am in the same boat after commissioning and paying him to build a DC->JAMMA adapter. Serves me right for not having done any research on Jose; his feedback and the fact that he's a veteran member precipitated my absent mindedness. I have been told TWICE that the item was to ship that same day and still nothing.

I opened a claim through paypal which I'm hoping will shut the door on this ordeal.

BTW, I also vote to have this guy black listed. I really don't understand the unnecessary lying on his part, especially when I never put any pressure on him to have the item in X number of days.

AlphaONE

King's Dry Cleaner
Maybe he is just busy.
He may have a career going.

He is not stealing from anyone so why should he be labeled a scammer???:conf:

Darren870

Bulletnyourass said:
LustForLard,

I'll give Jose a call tomorrow morning and leave him a voice mail concerning this.

Phillip

Thanks Phillip.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Lochlan said:
I don't get this thread. You bought from somebody you knew was somewhere between shady and flakey. You should have known better.

Not that I'm saying you don't deserve a speedy resolution, or that you had this coming or anything, but why did you ever agree to do business with this guy if you knew he wasn't exactly well-known for his speed and honesty?

I think sonofx51 should be added to the list of scammers. Not listed as a scammer per se, but I think he's established a pattern of irresponsibility and imaturity in the market forums that people need to know about. He definately shouldn't be selling anything on these forums, that's for sure.

Jose is always busy, so his turnaround isn't always as fast as some people would like... but he does quality work and he's not a scammer.

I think for his sake he shouldn't take on projects if he's going to be too busy to complete them in a reasonable amount of time.

My personal experience with him was great, he had my xbox modded and back to me within 2 weeks.

Allien133

Astra Superstar
he had a project of mine for about a couple months longer than expected, but in the end he came through for me. he does great work, but like it's already been said he is very busy all the time. He actually lost my project in storage while he was moving i believe. But, in the end he came through like he always does.

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
Coming through in the end, IMO, does not excuse lying about when he shipped it.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
LustForLard said:
Thanks Phillip.

I just got off the phone with Jose about 30 minutes ago. He is now aware of this problem. Hopefully, you will get a response from him soon.

Phillip

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Lochlan said:
Coming through in the end, IMO, does not excuse lying about when he shipped it.

Lochlan,

I agree with you ...but ... to continuously comment about it without any helpful posts or info doesnt help the matter either. This is part of the problem with a lot of these feedback threads. Once people who are not directly involved with the actual person/transaction in question begin to get involved, others tend to follow suit. Then you end up with an endless amount of clutter to filter through just to get to the facts.

Phillip

bulletnyourass

noble trader
juanjuan said:
I am in the same boat after commissioning and paying him to build a DC->JAMMA adapter. Serves me right for not having done any research on Jose; his feedback and the fact that he's a veteran member precipitated my absent mindedness. I have been told TWICE that the item was to ship that same day and still nothing.

I opened a claim through paypal which I'm hoping will shut the door on this ordeal.

BTW, I also vote to have this guy black listed. I really don't understand the unnecessary lying on his part, especially when I never put any pressure on him to have the item in X number of days.

juanjuan,

I notified him about LustForLards situation. Hopefully, he will come in here soon and read this thread and get you guys sorted out.

Phillip

Darren870

Bulletnyourass said:
I just got off the phone with Jose about 30 minutes ago. He is now aware of this problem. Hopefully, you will get a response from him soon.

Phillip

Thanks Phillip!

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
Bulletnyourass said:
I agree with you ...but ... to continuously comment about it without any helpful posts or info doesnt help the matter either. This is part of the problem with a lot of these feedback threads. Once people who are not directly involved with the actual person/transaction in question begin to get involved, others tend to follow suit. Then you end up with an endless amount of clutter to filter through just to get to the facts.

My first post in this thread was intended to be helpful. The thread took a direction very strongly in support of Jose, and the general tone of responses that followed (even that of the original poster) seemed to write it off as "he's just busy". I believe that when somebody has time and time again been called out for not only slow response, but -- more importantly -- outright lying for seemingly no reason, it becomes a public issue (as everybody deals in the market forums) and they need to be called out.

I think there was a grain of truth to galfordo's remark:
lol, here goes another billd situation!

However, you are right, I have no connection with this situation and no reason to be continually commenting on a business transaction that doesn't concern me. I am just concerned (like everyone) about the integrity of the marketplace. I will butt out now.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Lochlan said:
My first post in this thread was intended to be helpful. The thread took a direction very strongly in support of Jose, and the general tone of responses that followed (even that of the original poster) seemed to write it off as "he's just busy". I believe that when somebody has time and time again been called out for not only slow response, but -- more importantly -- outright lying for seemingly no reason, it becomes a public issue (as everybody deals in the market forums) and they need to be called out.

I think there was a grain of truth to galfordo's remark:

However, you are right, I have no connection with this situation and no reason to be continually commenting on a business transaction that doesn't concern me. I am just concerned (like everyone) about the integrity of the marketplace. I will butt out now.

Lochlan,

I am glad to see that there are others like yourself that are concerned with what happens in regards to the market forums. We do need more people like you to keep an eye on the problems we have been having. I am hoping that Jose will now contact juanjuan and LustForLard and get this whole thing straightened out.

I will try to take time out this weekend and revise the Scammers list I originally started. I will try to add a new categorie for people that fall under slow shipping or drawn out deals .... whatever it will be ...it will give people an idea of transactions that dont go as smooth as they should.

Phillip

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I like Jose.

But if he lied about shipping the item, he is in the same boat as BillD420.

No excuse for this.

But if he did ship the item and its the P.O.'s fault, then some slack should be given.

He was dragging his ass with me back when - but I always knew he would come through.

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
Bulletnyourass said:
Lochlan,

I am glad to see that there are others like yourself that are concerned with what happens in regards to the market forums. We do need more people like you to keep an eye on the problems we have been having. I am hoping that Jose will now contact juanjuan and LustForLard and get this whole thing straightened out.

I will try to take time out this weekend and revise the Scammers list I originally started. I will try to add a new categorie for people that fall under slow shipping or drawn out deals .... whatever it will be ...it will give people an idea of transactions that dont go as smooth as they should.

Phillip

Phillip, I have received part of my money back thanks to a claim I opened with Paypal. I do appreciate you taking the time and putting forth the effort to look at this issue objectively and help resolve it. I also agree with setting up a list of members that, while not entirely out there to scam you, have shown a pattern of lying and lack of communication in their dealings.

Now to respond to the people who are saying Jose shouldn't be deemed a scammer because eventually he will deliver x or y item. Maybe "scammer" might be a bit too harsh a label for somebody like Jose, but I still think buyers should be warned that he will hold on to your money and deliver when HE sees fit, regardless of the terms that were agreed upon by both parties.

In my case, I was told that I was going to have the item shipped ONE week after receipt of payment. That was around Thanksgiving and still to this day I've yet to receive the item. I asked for status towards the end of December and he told me he had already shipped the item. I then asked for a tracking number to which he responded something akin to "I'll look for it and get back to you". After waiting for a couple of weeks and not receiving responses from Jose, I opened a dispute with paypal since it was clear he was lying to me. After he received the notification from paypal, he sent me a message stating the item was going to ship that same day and a tracking number provided. That was the last communication I've had with Jose and still no item.

If I wouldn't have taken action through paypal, would I had eventually received the item? Maybe, maybe not. The point is, I'm not a bank; I'm not in the business of giving out loans. I paid for a service and a product that according to the seller was going to be completed and delivered in one week. Those were the expectations set forth by the seller and they influenced my decision to purchase. Now, I am EXTREMELY appreciative of all the custom work a lot of the fine people of this and other boards do, since I have absolutely no desire to do this myself. But I feel Jose is taking advantage of his status in this community and of his reputation of quality work to collect money when he doesn't seem ready to deliver the service/product within the time frame agreed.

Darren870

Its been a week now since phillip called jose and he has yet to turn up....

Has anyone had contact with him?

He still hasn't been on the boards since 01-09-08

Baseball Star

dbarrett alternate account -- AVOID
explanation

there has to be a good explanation for this...i have dealt with jose many times and met him face to face, i even drove to riverside and picked up my xbox and hung out at his house for a couple hours with a buddy of mine....he is definately not a scammer...but i would be upset if my goods were not shipped in a timely manner