To: Verbatum

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I havent played Castlevania in a long time... picked up the GBA version last night.

I got owned by Medusa in stage 2, I also got owned by the flying Medusa heads, knocking me into the pit.

You must be god-like to be able to beat this game with one life, and you must teach me some pointers...

Unless you have all of the patterns figured out.

Congrats.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
TonK said:
I havent played Castlevania in a long time... picked up the GBA version last night.

I got owned by Medusa in stage 2, I also got owned by the flying Medusa heads, knocking me into the pit.

You must be god-like to be able to beat this game with one life, and you must teach me some pointers...

Unless you have all of the patterns figured out.

Congrats.

You do believe what Verbatum says?

You should see the stuff he pulls on the shmup thread, he gets a game,
and the next day he has already 1cced the whole thing :kekeke:

No disrespect to Verb btw. ;)

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:

Wow, puts a whole new spin on the guy.

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
lol

Verbs is my buddy and I love him, but if there's one man you want to ask that kind of question to (patterns, strategies and such), having a fully exhaustive answer , that's master BBH

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
xtoo_short20x said:

So is he that good, or is he really a liar?

Someone enlighten me plz.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Verb's gay.
I could never stand his faggoty ass posts.

"I GOT THE NEW SPAWN ZERO SWORD SLASH FIGURE TODAY FROM SUNCOAST MOTION PICTURE COMPANY. RATHER, MY GIRLFRIEND BOUGHT IT FOR ME. SHE'S THE BEST. I ALREADY 1CC'ed IT, BTW"

"...isn't it an action figure?"

"DID I MENTION I PLAY GUITAR? OR THAT I HAD A GIRLFRIEND? OR THAT I'M A FUCKING GREASEY DIRTBAG?"

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Remember, his hot Japanese teacher lugged the Taito Type X arcade hardware over ON A PLANE to visit him, so he could play Gigawing Generations just after arcade release and give a genius review: "Great graphics and music! Perfect control!" What a joke.

BIG

sony fanboy
I've always given Verbatum the benefit of a doubt,but from one tall-tale to another,his stories just weren't making any sense after a while...

The 1cc's list,the Japanese teacher/game collector extraodinaire with a heart of gold.....:rolleyes:

I mean,I don't have any problem with him posting such nuinsance,as I find this sort of behavior to be rather amusing,yet very childish and immature at the same time,but then again,this is the internet so..mEh.

You MN kids sure are a weird bunch..:annoyed:

BIG-

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Well, if all signs point to yes I'll have pictures of said arcade hardware next week.

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Spike said:
Well, if all signs point to yes I'll have pictures of said arcade hardware next week.

While you're at it, get him to throw down on his "1CC" list and take photos.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
So much hate for Slasher in this thread.

I personally would like to see a vid of him beating Contra:SS with one man as he has claimed he can. That's a seriously hard fucking game.

BIG

sony fanboy
Spike said:

I hope you plan on camping out at his residence for atleast a week or two,since I think it will take him quite sometime to 1cc'd that list...:eek_2:

BIG-

BIG

sony fanboy
Loopz said:
So much hate for Slasher in this thread.

I personally would like to see a vid of him beating Contra:SS with one man as he has claimed he can. That's a seriously hard fucking game.

I wouldn't even call it hate...reality check would do just fine.

BIG-

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Bigp0ppaLarge said:
I hope you plan on camping out at his residence for atleast a week or two,since I think it will take him quite sometime to 1cc'd that list...:eek_2:

BIG-

Show me the list, there are shmups, that take a lot longer than a week or
two to 1cc, unless you are some crazy bionic Japanase player who plays them
24/7.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Slasher :kekeke:

See if you can get him to upload his MST3K season zero tapes.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
kaos said:
lol

Verbs is my buddy and I love him, but if there's one man you want to ask that kind of question to (patterns, strategies and such), having a fully exhaustive answer , that's master BBH

haha. thanks man, but I have to admit that I don't know anywhere close to everything about the classics... and I was never really a "master" at Castlevania either. But at least I'll own up to it and not tell lies. ;)

so yeah, back to the topic of Verbatum. He bought the shitty Atomiswave beat-em-up Demolish Fist and gave it a glowing review, and soon after claimed he could 1CC it. I immeditately didn't believe it. I've played a lot of beat-em-ups, and while I'm not the best at them (I can 1CC Capcom's The Punisher at least), it's pretty obvious that Demolish Fist is a game with very flawed difficulty balance. The damage that enemies do is insane, life-ups are rare in later levels, and bosses are cheap as hell. While I'm sure it's not completely impossible to 1CC, I found it difficult to believe that Verbatum would have all these patterns and strategies down immediately... especially on a game where it feels like there is no safe way to get through certain situations.

And how many times was he asked in the All About Shooters thread to take a picture of his Mushihime PCB?

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Bigp0ppaLarge said:
I wouldn't even call it hate...reality check would do just fine.

BIG-

I just wanted to refer to him as Slasher.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
The Drizzle said:
What's 1CC? One credit completion?
Or 1 credit clear, whatever works for you.

TonK, Castlevania is mad hard, you're not alone. I can get to Death's stage before using a continue, but it took alot of practice. I got Castlevania on GBA, pretty solid, wouldn't you agree?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
You know, its crazy but I think people that can play a instrument have a good advantage to others in games. Its the constant speed of shit. I used to be a crazy pianist when I was younger, and alot of the combos people see in games that they find hard, I have little problem doing.