To: Verbatum

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Hmmm. Very interesting. It seems to me that:

1. No one here understands sarcasm (in reference to gmw's post).

2. At xtoo_short20x: I have never 1cc an arcade shooter the day after I buy it, nor have I ever said I have. (Also no disrespect)

3. As to my list of 1cc games: I'm pretty decent at games folks, and I'm sure you are too. Anytime you dedicate yourself to a style, you tend to be decent at it. I'm sure many of you have a nice list of games you can dominate. I wasn't aware after being here for so long that you had to show video and pics everytime you are good at a game. I figure there is a good varity of skill here at the site, and I'm sure there are others who are better than me, and there are plenty of games I suck at. I'm not afriad to say I'm good at something, and I'm more than happy to help folks out if they want it.

4. Far-fetched stories: Hmmm, again, this goes back a bit to the sarcasm thing. Still, I'm very lucky to have friends in good places within the games industry (world promotion especialy), and I'm fortunate enough to play some very cool things that not many get the chance to, and I love sharing those things with my friends (Soon Spike!). Yet, it seems to me that while so many people buy and trade some very nice and rare stuff here, it doesn't seem very far fetched to have played some new arcade stuff, or for that matter have access to it. It seems again that people here all of the sudden need pictures for eveything. OK, I guess I'm fine with that. If you folks want to buy me some video software, and a nice digital camera and video camera , I'll doucment everything I say from now on.

5. I never lie.

So with that said, I'm going to go play my new beta PS3 with Silent Hill 5 and Devil May Cry 4 for a bit.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
BBH said:
haha. thanks man, but I have to admit that I don't know anywhere close to everything about the classics... and I was never really a "master" at Castlevania either. But at least I'll own up to it and not tell lies. ;)

so yeah, back to the topic of Verbatum. He bought the shitty Atomiswave beat-em-up Demolish Fist and gave it a glowing review, and soon after claimed he could 1CC it. I immeditately didn't believe it. I've played a lot of beat-em-ups, and while I'm not the best at them (I can 1CC Capcom's The Punisher at least), it's pretty obvious that Demolish Fist is a game with very flawed difficulty balance. The damage that enemies do is insane, life-ups are rare in later levels, and bosses are cheap as hell. While I'm sure it's not completely impossible to 1CC, I found it difficult to believe that Verbatum would have all these patterns and strategies down immediately... especially on a game where it feels like there is no safe way to get through certain situations.

And how many times was he asked in the All About Shooters thread to take a picture of his Mushihime PCB?

I've played Demo Fist 2 player with verbatum and he 1cc'ed it. Of coures that was 2 player but none the less still a 1cc. And I mashed the coin button like crazy.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
The MST3K tapes man, what about the tapes???

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
Verb is really, REALLY good at video games. I've seen it firsthand.

BIG

sony fanboy
Verbatum said:
Hmmm. Very interesting. It seems to me that:

1. No one here understands sacrasm (in reference to gmw's post).

2. At xtoo_short20x: I have never 1cc an arcade shooter the day after I buy it, nor have I never said I have. (Also no disrespect)

3. As to my list of 1cc games: I'm pretty decent at games folks, and I'm sure you are too. Anytime you dedicate yourself to a style, you tend to be decent at it. I'm sure many of you have a nice list of games you can dominate. I wasn't aware after being here for so long that you had to show video and pics everytime you are good at a game. I figure there is a good varity of skill here at the site, and I'm sure there are others who are better than me, and there are plenty of games I suck at. I'm not afriad to say I'm good at something, and I'm more than happy to help folks out if they want it.

4. Far-fetched stories: Hmmm, again, this goes back a bit to the sarcasm thing. Still, I'm very lucky to have friends in good places within the games industry (world promotion especialy), and I'm fortunate enough to play some very cool things that not many get the chance to, and I love sharing those things with my friends (Soon Spike!). Yet, it seems to me that while so many people buy and trade some very nice and rare stuff here, it doesn't seem very far fetched to have played some new arcade stuff, or for that matter have access to it. It seems again that people here all of the sudden need pictures for eveything. OK, I guess I'm fine with that. If you folks want to buy me some video software, and a nice digital camera and video camera , I'll doucment everything I say from now on.

5. I never lie.

So with that said, I'm going to go play my new beta PS3 with Silent Hill 5 and Devil May Cry 4 for a bit.

Pics please.

BIG-

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
back in the day i could clear willow and punisher on one credit.. i was pretty happy with myself though it took me forever to be able to do it....

dynasty warriors i could never swing it despite practicing heaps.

BIG

sony fanboy

Baseley09

Hair Group,
beelzebubble said:
back in the day i could clear willow and punisher on one credit.. i was pretty happy with myself though it took me forever to be able to do it....

dynasty warriors i could never swing it despite practicing heaps.

Willow is hardcore. Maybe not for a skilled gamer, but to me and my friends to this day its pretty hardcore. Think between us we camn get to level on one credit.

When you see the Kilmer *image* at the end of stage one though, you know youve been somewhere special :tickled:

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
Kid Aphex said:
Verb's gay.
I could never stand his faggoty ass posts.

"I GOT THE NEW SPAWN ZERO SWORD SLASH FIGURE TODAY FROM SUNCOAST MOTION PICTURE COMPANY. RATHER, MY GIRLFRIEND BOUGHT IT FOR ME. SHE'S THE BEST. I ALREADY 1CC'ed IT, BTW"

"...isn't it an action figure?"

"DID I MENTION I PLAY GUITAR? OR THAT I HAD A GIRLFRIEND? OR THAT I'M A FUCKING GREASEY DIRTBAG?"

I have never had a problem with you, infact I always thought you were an interesting member, untill that "girlfriend" of yours suddenly became a member :annoyed: But did'nt you say you were done with this message board? If not, my appologies and welcome back.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
pyrokilla said:
I have never had a problem with you, infact I always thought you were an interesting member, untill that "girlfriend" of yours suddenly became a member :annoyed: But did'nt you say you were done with this message board? If not, my appologies and welcome back.

So...my girlfriend at the time became a member and that pissed you off because...?

You were the CUNT posting pics of you and your russian bride and talking about her in every thread ... so what was the problem?

S. Short Skank

Kabuki Klasher
What the fuck people?!

Loopz said:
So much hate for Slasher in this thread.

I personally would like to see a vid of him beating Contra:SS with one man as he has claimed he can. That's a seriously hard fucking game.

Why is it so hard to believe that this dude can actually whoop some ass with these games? I've personally seen him play many of these games & beat them. He is as good as he says! If any of you had actually been to a gathering with him, & seen his skills for yourself, then you'd know better than to be badmouthing him! So, why don't those of you that need to try just a little bit harder to beat a game, do that...And stop your WHINING!

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Why the hell do people call him "Slasher"? For that matter, who the hell calls him that anyway? I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that.

Anyway, Verbatum is a good guy.

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
Kid Aphex said:
So...my girlfriend at the time became a member and that pissed you off because...?

You were the CUNT posting pics of you and your russian bride and talking about her in every thread ... so what was the problem?

I just thought it aws pretty lame how your girlfriend registered to chat about you.

ha, my russian bride....

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
genjiglove said:
Why the hell do people call him "Slasher"? For that matter, who the hell calls him that anyway? I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that.

Anyway, Verbatum is a good guy.

Feelgood gave him that nickname in a thread where he was giving people...nicknames.

BIG

sony fanboy
S. Short Skank said:
Why is it so hard to believe that this dude can actually whoop some ass with these games? I've personally seen him play many of these games & beat them. He is as good as he says! If any of you had actually been to a gathering with him, & seen his skills for yourself, then you'd know better than to be badmouthing him! So, why don't those of you that need to try just a little bit harder to beat a game, do that...And stop your WHINING!

Pics please.

BIG-

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Heres whats fucked up.

I started this thread about Castlevania.

Now we have this cats wife posting on his behalf, people arguing over Russian brides and some of the most outrageous lies ever told on this board.

The amount of faggotry in this thread makes me want to go look at circuscocks.com.

buster_broon

The Rock,
TonK said:
OMG, you fucking liar...

My wife is sooooo gonna register and own you.

yeah i thought that

he only has teh romz and this thread hasnt been emulated yet :mr_t:

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
TonK said:
Heres whats fucked up.

I started this thread about Castlevania.

Now we have this cats wife posting on his behalf, people arguing over Russian brides and some of the most outrageous lies ever told on this board.

The amount of faggotry in this thread makes me want to go look at circuscocks.com.
I was just thinking the samething man. Pretty fucking retarded.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Isn't that what basically happens to EVERY thread on this board?
Seriously, you could cut the petty jealousy and passive-aggressive shit on this board with a knife. You'd think we were a bunch of pent-up housewives or something.

I used to have fun tossing some flames out here and there back in the day, but it's just not worth it anymore. I'd rather be actually playing something or even studying compared to that shit.

I'd honestly just like to see a vid of Contra:SS being beaten with one man.
That'd be some impressive shit, and I'm not just asking to try and call some sort of 'bluff' on Verb's skills.