PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

neodev

Neosd Tech
Also, IIRC, those bugs that GadgetUK found were all related to sound (sounds looping, or stopping early), and were easily fixed, although they later required re-testing all games, as changing something may potentially break some other games sound if not done properly, but we haven't found any other issue in games for weeks now. Also, as neosd said, software is easily updateable, MCU, FPGA, menu, everything can be updated, so in the event there is need for a simplified menu, that could be added too.

Last edited:

X68

n00b
I prefer it you spend your time working on existing and future products rather than creating & maintaining a forum.
Neosd is a solid product & looking fwd to this one, I certainly will be testing a lot of obscure titles on it ;)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I prefer it you spend your time working on existing and future products rather than creating & maintaining a forum.
Neosd is a solid product & looking fwd to this one, I certainly will be testing a lot of obscure titles on it ;)

Neosd has asked me to help run his new forum... I expect to be paid...

..Hookers aint cheap man...

xROTx

PS. As I said... this is project downtime before the device starts arriving....

EDIT. This doesn't mean to say I won't be around... It's on NG.com hence, I will read it... along with the other threads on this forum...

neosd

Neosd Developer
Also, IIRC, those bugs that GadgetUK found were all related to sound (sounds looping, or stopping early), and were easily fixed, although they later required re-testing all games, as changing something may potentially break some other games sound if not done properly, but we haven't found any other issue in games for weeks now. Also, as neosd said, software is easily updateable, MCU, FPGA, menu, everything can be updated, so in the event there is need for a simplified menu, that could be added too.

neodev, what a wall of text i wrote ;)

neosd

Neosd Developer

We are not going to ask anyone to not do so, neither we will put in the FAQ, load small game on slot 1, then load the big one on slot 2 LOL.

Do whatever you want with your purchased device, if you find an issue feel free to call to the seven winds on facebook, twitter and so, but please if you want to get it fixed remember to send us an email aswel, this helps :)

takeshi385

n00b
I'm good with the current interface. I'm a programmer so from my stand point anything is better than staring at a text screen. I think the current interface is elegant. I would hate to see something that looks like the usbgdrom, because whilst the usbgdrom works well, the menu looks like a blue dos interface.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
+1 for the current menu. It looks great and it’s perfectly functional. I’m only in the menu for a couple seconds to boot up a game anyway.

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
+1 for current menu too. Looks clean/nice. Open to customization options or different looks. But quite honestly I'm just glad this product is a reality and can't wait to receive!!!

Recap

Zero's Secretary
- UI : i still think that doing a UI like the one you showed is a mistake, this would make the product less atractive to regular users and will give a feeling about the product being cheap or amateur. I understand pretty well, that not having horizontal scroll is better than having it. But you always have to weigh the different aspects to make as many people happier as possible, see what happened with neosd original UI (before released) for example, we had to change it before release cause people didn´t liked it. In this case (neosd), it was pretty clear that people didn´t liked it. On Super SD System 3 after one month you have been the one asking for a change.
We need more than one user asking for that do change it, not only for the work involved but cause this may upset others. One can never have everyone happy, we just try to have as many people as possible happy ...

But of course. For those who are missing it -- my petition was having the option [for an alternate effortless, hi-res, clean menu], therefore it makes no sense +1'ing anything, since the current one would stay. It's not this or the other. Everybody happy.

Thanks for the answer.

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
But of course. For those who are missing it -- my petition was having the option [for an alternate effortless, hi-res, clean menu], therefore it makes no sense +1'ing anything, since the current one would stay. It's not this or the other. Everybody happy.

Thanks for the answer.

Sure didn't seem "effortless" in the explanation

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Thanks for the answer.

+1 For the Current Menu.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
The thing is-everything you spend time on has an opportunity cost. Time that TerraOnion spends engineering a second, optional, plain menu is time taken away from engineering something else more progressive. I’m frankly a lot more interested in something more progressive than another menu.

Also, I completely agree that plain menus are boring - these are video games not Windows Explorer.

Recap

Zero's Secretary
Sure thing. These are indeed PC Engine video games, not Amiga 500 demos/trainers.

Last edited:

X68

n00b
Is LD-ROM2 functionality even a remote possibility in the future on this device?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Is LD-ROM2 functionality even a remote possibility in the future on this device?

I joked about this somewhere else...I'm guessing it could control the overlay PC Engine controls, but streaming the video files may be beyond the capability of the system. I'm uncertain of how laserdisc tracks are even stored for emulators like Daphne (MPEG?).

sparksterz

Camel Slug
This is ridiculous...never seen so much angst over a menu
giphy.gif

If they allow a new UI in the future great - if they don't it's still a one of a kind device. At least it's not designed like a myspace profile giving you a cursor trail and auto-playing music when it boots...

X68

n00b
I joked about this somewhere else...I'm guessing it could control the overlay PC Engine controls, but streaming the video files may be beyond the capability of the system. I'm uncertain of how laserdisc tracks are even stored for emulators like Daphne (MPEG?).

It is an unreasonable request I know... it is pushing the limit of both 'pc engine' and 'game' lol

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
This is ridiculous...never seen so much angst over a menu

Reading this thread I have seen... dumbness on a scale that can only be quantified by the new religion of facebook and self-entitlement...

Neosd says one thing... they argue...
Neosd explains why he's done it... they question...
Rot explains stuff to people... they push their luck...
Rot then gets irritated... they cry about it.. cuz they're awesome low posting members who need to be heard...

It reminds me of a twitter feed where people are discussing minute by minute how they spend their day regardless of the fact... that no one gives a shit...

BUT BUT... it's important to me... Lulz...

xROTx

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Reading this thread I have seen... dumbness on a scale that can only be quantified by the new religion of facebook and self-entitlement...

Neosd says one thing... they argue...
Neosd explains why he's done it... they question...
Rot explains stuff to people... they push their luck...
Rot then gets irritated... they cry about it.. cuz they're awesome low posting members who need to be heard...

It reminds me of a twitter feed where people are discussing minute by minute how they spend their day regardless of the fact... that no one gives a shit...

BUT BUT... it's important to me... Lulz...

xROTx

This is the problem with Social Media Now in Days. Everyone has a Voice and people bitch about the dumbest shit and this is not only with Video Game Related Stuff. They are the mob. This is off topic but I saw some shit on the News a while back about some feminist being against little white girls wearing Moana Costumes because it was disrespectful to the Polynesian Culture. I was like WTF, it's a Disney Character, these little kids don't even know who Polynesian people are.

People complaining about the smallest things. Why is the AV Out not on the side, my shelves aren't deep enough? Are you releasing a more expensive special collectors edition in different colors so I could keep mine on the shelf? Do I have a option to change the Menu? I prefer one that looks like a plain Dos Screen with just white letters.

Recap

Zero's Secretary
Not to mention those complaining about others' complaints... Man, I hear you.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Not to mention those complaining about others' complaints... Man, I hear you.

Complaints? The only real complaining has been done by you... suggesting Neosd would be better served going on another forum due to excessive pain in the arse mod'ding...

Currently there can be no other complaints... as no customers have the product yet...

This sideshow is the start... and I'll DEFINITELY be here for that... so think... in this thread so far... I War room locked 7 people... letting out 5... merging one with a scammer... and not letting one out at all...

You hear that?

neosd

Neosd Developer
cmon guys, lets move on.

Lets make something worth to come out of this thread ratter than drama ...

Last edited: