PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Dude, this thread is 35 pages long and it's an info that isn't given on page 1 in the FAQ. If it's too much to ask, don't answer.

@neodev, you might add this info to your FAQ so people like me don't ask. ;)

Yes... it is... War room lock...

Read the fucking forum...

PS. Next lazy ass entitled fuck please.... i am really getting annoyed...

QUICK EDIT. If Endprodukt had taken time to read the thread... he'd have realised that when i'm in a mood... I will kill every fuckin' one of you self entitled lazy ass n00bz...

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Dude, this thread is 35 pages long and it's an info that isn't given on page 1 in the FAQ. If it's too much to ask, don't answer.

@neodev, you might add this info to your FAQ so people like me don't ask. ;)

Was trying to get to you before Rot did, he's a lot less forgiving

*edit* too late lol

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
There's not much that hasn't been asked already.

Not everything can be added to the first two posts or faq.

Dude it's 35 pages, lol. Most posts are short with the longer ones by NeoSD containing information you want to read.

neosd

Neosd Developer
There's not much that hasn't been asked already.

Not everything can be added to the first two posts or faq.

Dude it's 35 pages, lol. Most posts are short with the longer ones by NeoSD containing information you want to read.

I agree,

I don´t want to offend anyone, but the manual is on the seccond post of the first page, it answers everything. Microsd format aswel ...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I agree,

I don´t want to offend anyone, but the manual is on the seccond post of the first page, it answers everything. Microsd format aswel ...

Not to worry Neosd... I'll happily offend as many people as it takes to stop the new facebook/social media type instant answer entitlement members... as it takes...

This is to drive the message home.... that we are a forum that would "appreciate" you reading and not asking dumb questions that have already been answered in the same fuckin' thread you posted in...

xROTx

PS. I don't ban... I initially punish.. and if worse comes to worse... I merge your dumbass account with a known piece of shit member...

neopolo

n00b
neosd you make a good job,thanks for this,i so exciting for receive your sd pcengine.

thanks very much :)

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Shells look like great quality, nice work. If using a PCE which is already RGB modded, I assume the video signal from the systems AV out is still usable? Or would it need to pass through the one on the SD System 3 itself? I will be using my RGB modded OG white system, and it would save the need for buying the MD2 scart.

neosd

Neosd Developer
It's still usable but you won't be able to get any audio from CD games.

Actually you will get sfx, CD audio hardware is present on the ssds3 and there is no way to mix it back to the pcengine, just like original CD-ROM drive, so you need to get audio atleast from the ssds3 multi out

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
HEY... Endprodukt... I see you've been complaining on NGFL about me.. Let me explain WHY you're War room Locked...

You were War room locked for:

1. Initially hitting my radar as a NEW user asking about teh romz.... I let that one go...
2. 2 Posts later you decide that you can't be bothered to read up the thread concerning formatting of a SD card...

Infact... it seems your ONLY 4 posts are just the sorta posts that aggravate our membership... and myself...

We are NOT a social media website... we are a community...
We are NOT your personal "I want to know NOW" website... we are a private forum with our own rules...
We are NOT your therapist... we are a forum that do not sugar coat the fact that you were being a retard...

xROTx

PS. Stay in the War Room extended until i can be fuckin' arsed to let you out...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
HEY... Endprodukt... I see you've been complaining on NGFL about me.. Let me explain WHY you're War room Locked...

ROT SEES ALL. Your a machine bro.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Actually you will get sfx, CD audio hardware is present on the ssds3 and there is no way to mix it back to the pcengine, just like original CD-ROM drive, so you need to get audio atleast from the ssds3 multi out

Great, thanks for the info, I’ll get the lead ordered now.

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Just ordered an OSSC and RGB cables :-)
The anticipation is killing me!

neosd

Neosd Developer
UPDATE : 05-01-2018

Cardboxes arrived yesterday. Only pcbs remaing to arrive now, we expect those next week, more details as soon as we have those.

I able to fast mount one without glue it. It was a fast job to see how those will look like once glued and assembled

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
UPDATE : 05-01-2018

Cardboxes arrived yesterday. Only pcbs remaing to arrive now, we expect those next week, more details as soon as we have those.

I able to fast mount one without glue it. It was a fast job to see how those will look like once glued and assembled

Looks Very Professional. Looking Forward to getting this.

Recap

Zero's Secretary
Hi. Congrats again. Sorry to mention this, but hopefully you can find another place to officially and publicly discuss your work with your [possible] customers. It makes little sense to expect proper feedback and sane discussion on a brand-new tech product in a place where only regulars are welcome and technical questions are frightening. This place's admins seemingly only want "contributors", which is of course a legitimate prerrogative, but most people coming to this thread won't give a shit about this very place, obviously. The overprotective reactions here are harming your sales and will have an effect, for instance, on compatibility/accuracy tests and their compilations, which is the first thing everybody will care about.

Take this just as a customer's opinion; no offense involved.

But I actually had another question/suggestion, in case you're still open to those -- why isn't the device's menu/GUI using the system's highest resolution mode? By displaying it at 336 px-wide or more you could get more text on screen with the same font, which will come in handy especially for long file names. I'm sure you already thought about that; just wondering what would be the reason out of curiousity. Moreover, will it be possible to hide the menu's frame and graphics (and even change the font) so that the user gets a neutral, clean GUI if that's his preference? Something along the lines of Rhea's unofficial menu, which I'm sure you'll know by now.

Thank you.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi. Congrats again. Sorry to mention this, but hopefully you can find another place to officially and publicly discuss your work with your [possible] customers. It makes little sense to expect proper feedback and sane discussion on a brand-new tech product in a place where only regulars are welcome and technical questions are frightening. This place's admins seemingly only want "contributors", which is of course a legitimate prerrogative, but most people coming to this thread won't give a shit about this very place, obviously. The overprotective reactions here are harming your sales and will have an effect, for instance, on compatibility/accuracy tests and their compilations, which is the first thing everybody will care about.

But I actually had another question/suggestion, in case you're still open to those -- why isn't the device's menu/GUI using the system's highest resolution mode? By displaying it at 336 px-wide or more you could get more text on screen with the same font, which will come in handy especially for long file names. I'm sure you already thought about that; just wondering what would be the reason out of curiousity. Moreover, will it be possible to hide the menu's frame and graphics (and even change the font) so that the user gets a neutral, clean GUI if that's his preference? Something along the lines of Rhea's unofficial menu, which I'm sure you'll know by now.

Thank you.

The "admins" are not the issue... the issue is with people who haven't a clue on how the forum works....

You wanna ask questions to the Neosd team (or on other matters)... no problems... BUT!... we expect you to research certain points YOURSELF..

You will find our memberbase have taken an interest in this thread and most have taken the time to read the thread (and click Links)...

How would you feel if you kept answering the same question NUMEROUS times... when all you needed to do was read the thread? Neosd is getting pissed off with it... and so am I...

We are NOT a forum where you can walk in and just pick and choose how you act... we expect a certain amount of "member behaviour" in regards to researching for yourself...

I appreciate your post... but I'm not a monster...

I will however, moderate this forum how the vast majority of our memberbase expect it to be moderated... because they have taken the personal time, effort and community spirit that keeps this forum alive...

WE DO NOT NEED FLY BY NIGHT MEMBERS...

xROTx

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

I have to say that i disagree with your opinion.
As you seem to be Spanish as we are, i think you may know there is a siilar thread at elotrolado.net.
https://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_super-sd-system-3-nuevo-producto-terraonion_2262463

We are answering any questions here and there. Magnament on both forums is different, so rules are different aswel.
If you have the need to ask something public and you don´t feel confortable asking at neo-geo.com, you can ask at elotrolado.net .
We are well known for not hide ourselves or answering uncomfortable questions (see the RGB drama, he didn´t hide on that, we looked for the best way to fix it ratter than deny the issue or pretend it never existed
If you are affrai about neutrality here, you may post there, i am just sugesting ...

Coming back to topic i would say no one here got banned while asking good and bad things that could affect sales at all. I know this may sound stupid but we are more interested on having everyone happy ratter than boost sales. One thing comes with the other one.
Neosd hasn´t been a masterclass about marketing but hey, no one has an open issue with a game not working at all, so you may imagine what kind of compatibility rate you will get with Super SD System 3. Not so hard to figure that ...

About your menu question : i will let neodev answer you cause i am not the mastermind behind the hardware, neither i ever prentending to be. I am not this super hacker others pretend to be, you know. I just try my best to have as many customers as possible happy.

You can be sure i will do anything that is needed to achieve that.

Thank you.

Last edited:

neodev

Neosd Tech

Thank you.

Well, actually, the problem was that using the higher res, requires using larger tilemap modes, that need more ram, and also need more tiles to cover the screen, that required more than the available video ram. That was in early stages where the "empty" areas also were wasting tiles, then we made the scroll thing in the filenames, and it was quite good, and although the tiles are currently optimized, that didn't change, as the graphics are already done for that resolution. I just had a look at the tile data allocation and we are around 40KB for the tiles & font, plus 2KB for the screenshot, another 2KB for the "no screenshot" image, and then 2KB for sprites (the selection and scroll bars and plenty of space :) ), so to use the higher res modes, all that data will need to be increased, probably neededing more than the available vram amount.

Currently there is no way to disable the UI graphics or change the font, it's part of the SSDS3 experience :) and a lot of work was done by alienpdx to have it look fine with all our strange requests :)

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
The whole package looks slick and professional. Anticipation is killing me.

neosd

Neosd Developer
The whole package looks slick and professional. Anticipation is killing me.

ssds3_cardboxes.jpeg

neosd

Neosd Developer
Heck yeah! Looks amazing.

I am confident about next week we should start shipping, only pcbs remaining and those may already be manufactured as we speak (i have been yesterday and today at the hospital so i wasn´t able to call factory). I will call monday and will have more details.

I just ask for one thing, PATIENCE please, as we have a lot of orders and process all those is going to take a pile of time, mounting boxes, shells, validating pcbs, packing and shipping. Among with the rest of company´s daily tasks

We hope to be able to ship about 50 units per week so it will take some time until we are up to date with all orders.

As stated before, it will take time until we have units for 24hours shipping so we are going to respect purchase date for everyone.

shells_and_boxes_1.jpeg

shells_and_boxes_2.jpeg

Last edited: