Kizuna Encounter EURO just sold for $12,500US

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Rating - 91.5%
43   4   0
As the title reads.

$12,500US

Just sold to a collector in the USA. Paid via PAYPAL. The person who bought it doesn't frequent these boards - he joined up and came online once or twice but he lost his password and hasn't been back on since. His username: Jamesz28

However he has bought alot of stuff from the neostore thoughout the years.

I guess the price guide will need to be updated. Seeing as this copy sold for $1,500US more than the last copy.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
buttasuperb said:
Why does this need to be stickied not once, but twice?

I say sticky it 12 times, because they paid about 12 times what even some of the nuttier home cart collectors will pay for a cart.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Kusanagi-sama' said:
As the title reads.

$12,500US

Just sold to a collector in the USA. Paid via PAYPAL. The person who bought it doesn't frequent these boards - he joined up and came online once or twice but he lost his password and hasn't been back on since. His username: Jamesz28

However he has bought alot of stuff from the neostore thoughout the years.

I guess the price guide will need to be updated.

No it doesnt. One sale doesnt determine the guide.
Thats what makes this shit as stupid as it is, that a single sale is all of a sudden a factor enough for a guide change.

So I guess if I spent 12,000 on FFS then the guide needs to be updated? Why does it not get updated when a copy sells for 15$ Its like there is a chase for the highest sale price and that becomes the quote.
Its bs.

This thread nor any other by you or anyone else selling a game should be sticky.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I will say that a true value will be determined once one is put on eBay, no reserve, 1 cent start price and about a week auction.

If you dangle one in front of someones face and say 12k firm, eventually some idiot will crack. I would say its doubtful that it would've gotten that point had it been a free, open sale, but since it had an insane start point it just took one guy to rationalize it enough to say ok I'll buy it.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I bought a FF1 brand new for $5, change the price guide so that it shows the game for $5.:smirk:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
buttasuperb said:

Fucking agreed. I don't know why this shit has to be posted at all. I have no problem with anyone buying said game at any amount but these threads are weak.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0

they should pull this thread. anyway, neo geo collecting has become an extreme sport. I can't believe its not butter.

PESTILENT

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'll gladly take $12,500 for what's left of my entire homecart collection...shipped!

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Re: Re: Kizuna Encounter EURO just sold for $12,500US

Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
No it doesnt. One sale doesnt determine the guide.
Thats what makes this shit as stupid as it is, that a single sale is all of a sudden a factor enough for a guide change.

So I guess if I spent 12,000 on FFS then the guide needs to be updated? Why does it not get updated when a copy sells for 15$ Its like there is a chase for the highest sale price and that becomes the quote.
Its bs.

This thread nor any other by you or anyone else selling a game should be sticky.

I generally agree with that.
However when a title is so rare to surface very few times in the years,one sale,yes,makes the difference.
Same goes for U 11 Euro.

The post is stikcy since the game IS really the holy grail for home carts collectors,no comparison with other titles.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering

The auction stated winning bid of 10,000....I know this can mean nothing....BUT it should mean something for the price guide!!!

In the auction it states

"I will sell this outright for $11,250US (That includes Paypal fees.) "

The auction was "Reportedly" finalised for $12,500 and Paid for with Paypal.

Why would anyone in there right mind pay an extra $1250....for NO reason, for anything????

Also why would you have to "advertise" in the feedback of the buyer "4th owner of Kizuna".
You might as well walk around with a sign on your head and back saying,
"I'm rich, take your best shot"

kulanartkung

Rugal's Thug
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
Congreat for you "Kusanagi-sama' ".
I have no doubt for this price 12,500$, for my openion I see the cart is nearmint++, it should be 17,000-20,000$.Don't forget that this is double of EER game, the price should be huge$ than every game.:eek:
however....a man who bought this game....you are the top of US AES..... :buttrock:
How long will I see this game for selling again?;)

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I can't believe McDonalds quit SuperSizing their drinks and fries...

Robert

20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if the mods erased my post from the other topic, with these 12500$, I could have bought the Alpina B10 3.5 that I follow for two months.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
kulanartkung said:
Congreat for you "Kusanagi-sama' ".
I have no doubt for this price 12,500$, for my openion I see the cart is nearmint++, it should be 17,000-20,000$.Don't forget that this is double of EER game, the price should be huge$ than every game.:eek:
however....a man who bought this game....you are the top of US AES..... :buttrock:
How long will I see this game for selling again?;)

Wha?
:spock:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
The high price does not make up for the fact it's a shit game. Maybe SNK did the right thing by taking it off the selves...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Re: Re: Re: Kizuna Encounter EURO just sold for $12,500US

FTL said:
I generally agree with that.
However when a title is so rare to surface very few times in the years,one sale,yes,makes the difference.
Same goes for U 11 Euro.

The post is stikcy since the game IS really the holy grail for home carts collectors,no comparison with other titles.

True. From a statistical standpoint, one sale is only insignificant if the sample size is large (or if n~n+1). Since it isn't, this sale is significant, and will affect the average sale price for a Euro KE.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
TonK said:
I can't believe McDonalds quit SuperSizing their drinks and fries...

Thats what I'm screamin'.

That just makes me buy more food. How does that stop people from getting fat?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Spike said:
Thats what I'm screamin'.

That just makes me buy more food. How does that stop people from getting fat?

LOL ... c'mon dude - you know they couldn't give a fuck less about people getting fat. They're just doing it to avoid teh lawsootz. Man, people will sue for anything these days :oh_no: :oh_no:.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
talk about buyers remorse. $12,000 down the drain on a videogame. i wonder what this guy's budget will be like after this point. eating those bargain cereals that come in bags, using water instead of milk, and having kool-aid but no sugar, hell he'd have to buy that cheap kool-aid called flavor-aid. bank account=empty, $12,000 on a videogame you'll never play cause you're afraid to screw it up. hope you're happy with your investment, cause i think you're a moron. $12,000 for a fucking videogame, what is this world coming to? just another step down the path that MC hammer took. excess=stupid.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
galfordo said:
LOL ... c'mon dude - you know they couldn't give a fuck less about people getting fat. They're just doing it to avoid teh lawsootz. Man, people will sue for anything these days :oh_no: :oh_no:.

Yeah...I know. But a mutha fugga gets thirsty!

On a side note-what if whoever bought it took out a loan for it? That would be something else.:tickled:

Blue Mary Mania 8

King's Dry Cleaner
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I got the toe jam, whose got the peanut butter!!!???

:loco:

Madness you say...

?

Maybe.

12 grand for a home cart.

Perhaps...

:rolleyes: