Kizuna Encounter EURO just sold for $12,500US

BeefJerky

Foreman of Jewish Tunnels
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Hah, my post was deleted from this thread. I'll say it again. FTL probably stickies the same thread in different parts of the forum because he gets commissioned with neostore discounts.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
Think about it, do you think some a-hole who bags groceries for a living bought this thing?

No, the guy is probably a millionairre.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Kim _Kaphwan said:
talk about buyers remorse. $12,000 down the drain on a videogame. i wonder what this guy's budget will be like after this point. eating those bargain cereals that come in bags, using water instead of milk, and having kool-aid but no sugar, hell he'd have to buy that cheap kool-aid called flavor-aid. bank account=empty, $12,000 on a videogame you'll never play cause you're afraid to screw it up. hope you're happy with your investment, cause i think you're a moron. $12,000 for a fucking videogame, what is this world coming to? just another step down the path that MC hammer took. excess=stupid.

Maybe so... maybe. We don't know anything about the buyer, he could be a multi-millionaire, which means, $12k is a spit in the ocean for him in terms of financial impact.

It is like people chastising Michael Jordan for betting in hundreds of thousands of dollars, but to him, that's nothing. It is like us regular joes betting several hundred dollars (in terms of ratio).

Of course, that still doesn't take away the fact that someone just paid 12k for an imperfect neo geo cartridge.

Insane to me? Hell yes. Insane to the buyer? Probably not.

KOF RUGAL B.

Krauser's Henchman
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Well lucky to the perosn that pay the 12,000+ for kizuna, I could of used that money for the mortgage....:(

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
KOF RUGAL B. said:
Well lucky to the perosn that pay the 12,000+ for kizuna, I could of used that money for the mortgage....:(
i could use it on a car, it pisses me off the amount of excess in this scene.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Re: Re: Re: Kizuna Encounter EURO just sold for $12,500US

FTL said:
I generally agree with that.
However when a title is so rare to surface very few times in the years,one sale,yes,makes the difference.
Same goes for U 11 Euro.

The post is stikcy since the game IS really the holy grail for home carts collectors,no comparison with other titles.

You know, its funny, but I thought of this a while after I had posted my previous response. It makes sense though, when there are only one of a said item popping up at a time we cant go by any other pricing method. As opposed to ffs which appears almost all the time.
Sorry for being unfair.

I gotta say though, what about U 11?, I've never even seen a single one for sale in a public auction. Yet, we've seen a few Kizuna's pass us by.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Re: Re: Re: Re: Kizuna Encounter EURO just sold for $12,500US

Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
I gotta say though, what about U 11?, I've never even seen a single one for sale in a public auction. Yet, we've seen a few Kizuna's pass us by.

Yeah, I'm interested to see what a U11 will go for myself. It still doesn't have the same mystique that a Euro KE has, but I'm sure it'll get well above the high price if it's a solid nm or better.

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Man, just leave him alone...

Why is everyone flaming this topic, (rather the activity of EXTREME collecting?) people spend 10 thousand dollars on a bottle of wine, 125 dollars on a rare gundam figurine, or even 725 bucks for a PC Engine laptop thingie, (i saw it somewhere) This is a great piece for any collection, no? i doubt that the buyer of this piece spent twelve thousand dollars on an AES cart, when he has three children, a trailer, and a failing buick skylark. This guy is a hardcore collector who drives a Rolls, has money, and enjoys the finer things in life. NEO GEO. If you had THE money, you wouldnt buy this piece of history?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Re: Man, just leave him alone...

Moose said:
Why is everyone flaming this topic, (rather the activity of EXTREME collecting?) people spend 10 thousand dollars on a bottle of wine, 125 dollars on a rare gundam figurine, or even 725 bucks for a PC Engine laptop thingie, (i saw it somewhere) This is a great piece for any collection, no? i doubt that the buyer of this piece spent twelve thousand dollars on an AES cart, when he has three children, a trailer, and a failing buick skylark. This guy is a hardcore collector who drives a Rolls, has money, and enjoys the finer things in life. NEO GEO. If you had THE money, you wouldnt buy this piece of history?

Some of that Gundam stuff sells for thousands. Its insane how expensive some is. Wish someone had examples.

Robert

20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I read this thread, I wish that one day we find an official paper showing the number of cart produced. Working in the industry, I know that every production (whatever the products: carts, car, computer) has a production order. A form (a piece of paper or a computer file version) where you can see what you have to produce, how much and with a deadline for the production. Kizuna euro carts have followed the same process of production than other products so theorically you can know the number of carts produced.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Re: Man, just leave him alone...

Moose said:
or even 725 bucks for a PC Engine laptop thingie

Actually, you can't knock it off here. It's not far from the original selling price compared to Kizuna.

If Kizuna was a new release today, it'll surely cost right away $350 or so. Never 12 Grand. And that 'Laptop' you're talking about is a PC Engine LT, wich is one of the greatest consoles to ever grace the face of earth.

Curt

apostate
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Re: Re: Man, just leave him alone...

Atrophyed said:
Actually, you can't knock it off here. It's not far from the original selling price compared to Kizuna.

If Kizuna was a new release today, it'll surely cost right away $350 or so. Never 12 Grand. And that 'Laptop' you're talking about is a PC Engine LT, wich is one of the greatest consoles to ever grace the face of earth.
Your remark made me wonder about this thing so I did a search... sooo nice!!!

PC Engine LT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=3089812335&rd=1